Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Cabrera 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Don't call it a come back...

Something, something, best shape of my life... something, something....

But seriously, he came to camp noticeably slimmer, almost looks to be the same size as when he first came up as a rookie. Blasted two far long homers in spring training.

Any value to be had here? He can still hit, just the power disappeared for him last year.

Maybe a healthier Cabrera, we are talking .290 with 20-24 homers this year, or just a pipe dream?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Don't call it a come back...

Something, something, best shape of my life... something, something....

But seriously, he came to camp noticeably slimmer, almost looks to be the same size as when he first came up as a rookie. Blasted two far long homers in spring training.

Any value to be had here? He can still hit, just the power disappeared for him last year.

Maybe a healthier Cabrera, we are talking .290 with 20-24 homers this year, or just a pipe dream?

 

He is now on my radar.  Thank you.  
 

ADP is so low.  Looks like he is completely forgotten.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These all-timers don't forget how to hit, they just need to stay healthy.  Everyone thought Chipper was cooked but he comes back after 2007 and posts three all-star seasons.  Miggy is done being an MVP candidate, but he could be serviceable.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

These all-timers don't forget how to hit, they just need to stay healthy.  Everyone thought Chipper was cooked but he comes back after 2007 and posts three all-star seasons.  Miggy is done being an MVP candidate, but he could be serviceable.  

 

Sometimes people like to easily write off some old players, but I can remember a few that had good seasons after looking toast. Carlos Delgado is one that comes to mind when he hit 38 homers at age 36/37 I believe and Victor Martinez had a power surge with 32 homers at age 35 and 27 homers at age 37. 

I'm not saying Miggy is gonna have a resurgent season, but maybe someone to be keeping an eye on in case he does start off hot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report.  This guy was so far off my radar i didnt bother checking anything.  I was fooled by the "shape of his life" stuff 2 years ago.  Although i dont discount the chance that he has a mini comeback as a result of extensive conditioning, what's the absolute ceiling here? .270 with 24 hrs or so? Those types are usually findable.  I'd rather take a chance on a potential breakthrough like Honeywell,or de leon types in the hopes that I mine a giolito of we're at the end of a draft.  Maybe even a guy who's a candidate to be a closer.   These are the types of things I look for at the end of a draft,which is the only place I'd consider taking Cabrera.   In a deep draft,or an AL only,everything changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 9:51 PM, Picard56 said:

Don't call it a come back...

Something, something, best shape of my life... something, something....

But seriously, he came to camp noticeably slimmer, almost looks to be the same size as when he first came up as a rookie. Blasted two far long homers in spring training.

Any value to be had here? He can still hit, just the power disappeared for him last year.

Maybe a healthier Cabrera, we are talking .290 with 20-24 homers this year, or just a pipe dream?

Didnt he come into last spring in the best shape of his life, best mindset, new tribal tattoo etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s 100% washed.  Don’t waste your time.  He was healthy last year and even with a bouncy ball he couldn’t get it over the fence.  He’s a singles hitter now.  He could roll out of bed at age 45 and hit .275 because he’s that good of a hitter.  But he’s an empty singles hitter in a horrid lineup.  Zero upside.  Would rather go for someone with an ounce of upside than him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

 

 

I'd take him at a utility spot. not passing up on any top tier 1b if they come my way.

I’d take you finishing last if he ends up in your UTL spot.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s 100% washed.  Don’t waste your time.  He was healthy last year and even with a bouncy ball he couldn’t get it over the fence.  He’s a singles hitter now.  He could roll out of bed at age 45 and hit .275 because he’s that good of a hitter.  But he’s an empty singles hitter in a horrid lineup.  Zero upside.  Would rather go for someone with an ounce of upside than him.

This. This thread is pretty pointless. We might as well be discussing the value of having Willie Mays on our teams. This guy is done and should be retired.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
54 minutes ago, fasdfgdr44 said:

These all-timers bear in mind how to hit, they just want to live wholesome.  Everyone concept Chipper changed into cooked but he comes lower back after 2007 and posts 3 all-famous person seasons about the best reviews of smoker grill.  Miggy is finished being an MVP candidate, however he may be serviceable.

What in the hell?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...