NBC Sports Edge Forums

Phillies pitchers... Girardi in with a great pitching coach Bryan Pena

Angles pitchers... Maddon in with a great pitching coach Mickey Callaway

Pirate pitchers... New manager and pitching coach old pitching coach was still in the 20th century. Glasnow said so recently as did some of the current pitchers.

Cesar Hernandez possibly hitting 2nd playing for a manager who likes to run.

Starlin Castro slated to hit 3rd right now in a much better ball park and on a much better team. He also brings dual position eligibility, quad eligibility if you play with a CI and MI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, C_McGillicuddy said:

Buster Posey is hitting it hard ST

Corbin Burnes slider is touching 94 

G Polanco

Danny Jansen 

I like this one, was just turning the corner before injuries struck, I also like Happ Ian not JA

Edited by hockeyfan77

Andrew McCutchen (#183 on Yahoo!)
Carlos Martinez (#223 on Yahoo!)
James Paxton #(226 on Yahoo!)
C.J. Cron (#228 on Yahoo!)
Garrett Richards (#238 on Yahoo!)
Shogo Akiyama (#264 on Yahoo!)
Buster Posey #(283 on Yahoo!)

All worth grabbing at those prices. 

• Like 4

Wil Myers, potential 20/20 guy in an improved lineup with no pressure to be the guy anymore

ADP 311

could post relatively the same numbers as Pham

Trent Grisham same thing as Myers

ADP 302

both these guys are great 4/5 OF with upside potential bigtime

Edited by Golden Spikes

Catch some Zzzzz's ...here is my Sleepiest list while we await the start...

Ian Happ
Yoshitomo
Verdugo 
Danny Santana
Deivi Garcia 
Luzardo
Shed Long
Pillar
Chavis
Will Smith or Mejia --catcher
Wander Franco (in case fast tracked)
Mountcastle
Kingery
Biggio
Shogo
Madrigal
Colin McHugh
Arraez 2b Twins
Jose Peraza
Hunter Harvey
Camargo
Tommy Edman
Kyle tucker 
Joe Jimenez
Jo Adell

Edited by dfstout
16 hours ago, turner46 said:

18 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Christian Walker, Gregory Polanco,

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

C.J. Cron (#228 on Yahoo!)

3 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

Civale

Love all these, plus Heaney, Will Smith the closer, and Justin Upton.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, turner46 said:

Angles pitchers... Maddon in with a great pitching coach Mickey Callaway

Pirate pitchers... New manager and pitching coach old pitching coach was still in the 20th century. Glasnow said so recently as did some of the current pitchers.

Starlin Castro slated to hit 3rd right now in a much better ball park and on a much better team. He also brings dual position eligibility, quad eligibility if you play with a CI and MI.

45 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Love all these, plus Heaney, Will Smith the closer, and Justin Upton.

Adding to the bolded Angels part is new catcher Jason Castro who has been getting rave reviews from Heaney.

• Like 2

This is def more "deep-sleepers" thread material, but here are some guys that I have nabbed in 20 teamers that are under the radar imo:

-Cole Tucker SS/2B PIT, big-time post-hype guy. Speed and power, also great defender and and 23 yr old former 1st Rd pick. Has had 35+ steals 2x in minors. Loud contact with swing and miss. Was in over his head last year but got jerked around in PT department more than he maybe should have. 27 ABs in ST this year and .296/.387 with a 1.054 OPS, 3 HRs and 4/4 K to BB ratio.

-Wilmer Flores 2B, looks primed to play nearly daily for SF, likely all over the diamond. Guy can hit and is still 28 yrs old.

-Chad Pinder 2B/OF, competing for PT in OAK but might be able to eventually get a lot of ABs. 27 yrs old. Could all click for a solid all-around player.

-Patrick Sandoval LAA, holding down 5th spot in rotation (at least) and is a better pitcher than numbers indicated in Sept trial last year. 23 yrs old and great stuff. K generator.

-Austin Gomber SP/RP STL, outside the competition for cards rotation but prob de facto #6 SP beginning in minors. Big 6"5" 26 yr old lefty that has always performed in minors and stuff is close to plus with a good mix. Will eventually get an opportunity. Pitching well in ST too, like most STL pitchers are.

-Ryan Helsley RP STL, my pick to be a closer by May. Easy upper 90s to 100 MPH heat and great movement keeps hitters off the barrel. Hammer curve.

-Brusdar Gaterol RP LAD, another guy that could be closing at some point but will likely rack up holds and pile on Ks.

-Jose De Leon RP/SP CIN, deepest dive here but has a lot of pedigree and full arsenal. Just no room in CIN right now but keep an eye on AAA numbers and if an opp arises, love the pitching coach in cincy (Derek Johnson) and he could coax a lot of bat missing outta De Leon after tons of lost dev time since TJS.

• Like 3

Depends on the platform. Some players I find myself mocking on the regular in the latter portion of drafts are:

Gregory Polanco

Corey Dickerson

David Peralta

Buster Posey

Danny Jansen

Hunter Harvey

Garrett Richards

Mitch Keller

Josh James

Brian Reynolds

Wil Myers

Carter Kieboom

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fantasy Dork said:

Roman Quinn

I think he carries some sleeper appeal as a desperation SB play, but the path to mixed league-relevant volume is more complicated with the season being delayed.  Cutch wasn't going to be ready for opening day, but he wasn't far off.  If Cutch comes back, Quinn is probably on the short side of a platoon with Haseley, who hasn't shown much on offense, but hits RHP much better than Quinn.

If Cutch still isn't ready for whatever opening day ends up being, Quinn is probably a decent dart throw as the last pick in a 15-teamer or a bit earlier in an NL-only league, but that's about it.  Remember that Jay Bruce needs PAs as well.

40 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

I think he carries some sleeper appeal as a desperation SB play, but the path to mixed league-relevant volume is more complicated with the season being delayed.  Cutch wasn't going to be ready for opening day, but he wasn't far off.  If Cutch comes back, Quinn is probably on the short side of a platoon with Haseley, who hasn't shown much on offense, but hits RHP much better than Quinn.

If Cutch still isn't ready for whatever opening day ends up being, Quinn is probably a decent dart throw as the last pick in a 15-teamer or a bit earlier in an NL-only league, but that's about it.  Remember that Jay Bruce needs PAs as well.

Good points. I did forget about Bruce and the delayed start will allow Cutch more time to get healthy. 

If he does get an opportunity though, I think he could surprise people. He had solid MiLB numbers, started to come on a bit last year before getting hurt yet again, and was having a good spring. 

• Like 1
On 3/11/2020 at 11:03 PM, turner46 said:

Including Vince Velasquez? He's always had a live arm and intriguing potential. Can these guys finally get him to realize it?

2 hours ago, jnormy said:

Including Vince Velasquez? He's always had a live arm and intriguing potential. Can these guys finally get him to realize it?

For his price I'm willing to gamble on it. Arrieta and Nola have been vocal about how they didn't agree and are happy about the new pitching coach. Arrieta also spoke for Eflin saying how he could tell he didn't like being changed by the old regime too. If VV wins the 5th spot he could finally realize that potential.