NBC Sports Edge Forums

First draft of the year - how'd I do? WHIR

12 team h2h standard 7x7 w/avg, obp, xbh, w, l & qs

Any input (aside from the obvious need for better/more closers) would be appreciated. 

C-Molina

1B: LeMahieu

2B: Hiura

3B: Sano

SS: Turner

OF: Betts, Marte, Judge

Util: Gallo

Util: Voit

B: Cespedes, Myers

SP: Sale, Soroka, Carrasco, Urias, Montas, Kopech

SP: McCullers, Paxton, Richards, Civale, Pearson

RP: Davis, Givens (oops lol)

Would not feel comfortable having Myers as my second UTIL bat when Judge and Cespedes are hurt. Rest of your bats are fine. I’m guessing there’s some decent SS free agents as it’s pretty deep should something happen to Turner. 
Really not a fan of your starting pitching. Sale Carrasco Paxton and Richards are all very questionable health wise. Who knows how many innings Urias Kopech McCullers and Pearson get. I’ve been fading Soroka since I think based on his metrics last year he’s due for some nasty regression. Love the Montas pick. 
I think you’re in for a headache year with this team tbh. A lot of your best players are injury prone and you have some solid SP besides those guys but they have innings limits. Very high ceiling but also a very low floor imo

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Would not feel comfortable having Myers as my second UTIL bat when Judge and Cespedes are hurt. Rest of your bats are fine. I’m guessing there’s some decent SS free agents as it’s pretty deep should something happen to Turner. 
Really not a fan of your starting pitching. Sale Carrasco Paxton and Richards are all very questionable health wise. Who knows how many innings Urias Kopech McCullers and Pearson get. I’ve been fading Soroka since I think based on his metrics last year he’s due for some nasty regression. Love the Montas pick. 
I think you’re in for a headache year with this team tbh. A lot of your best players are injury prone and you have some solid SP besides those guys but they have innings limits. Very high ceiling but also a very low floor imo

this is essentially exactly how i feel about my team. i do feel like when my team is healthy my offense should dominate in almost all categories. we have 3 IL spots so i plan on making some moves when guys clear waivers. thanks for the input.    

I also think this is a very high risk roster with a ton of guys who are already injured and/or have a lot of injuries in their recent past. I personally don't think Sale pitches more than 50 innings this season and the Judge injury could be one that affects him for months. Aside from that I think your hitting is pretty good. I really like a lot of the other hitters you have except I would hurry up and get a backup plan for Cespedes. I really like Soroka this year even though he is expected to regress some because I feel like he has a high floor in terms of ratios. I also really liked Carrasco a ton prior to learning about the elbow inflammation and it could just be nothing but it does make me nervous. Montas could be a great SP this year and he's a target of mine.

I don’t like the top of your rotation much. I think your low avg guys will drag you down there too but it won’t hurt quite as bad in 7x7.  Obviously, you need a closer but again less important in 7x7.

its not a bad team but it’s going to be a very volatile one.  With some good luck on injuries and a breakout or two it could do amazing but that’s kinda asking a lot.  But here’s hoping!  High ceiling if it all breaks right.

Edited by LJJr
On 3/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

12 team h2h standard 7x7 w/avg, obp, xbh, w, l & qs

Any input (aside from the obvious need for better/more closers) would be appreciated. 

C-Molina  pretty much dead weight 

1B: LeMahieu not a good fit for 1B and probably peaked last year

2B: Hiura

3B: Sano 

SS: Turner

OF: Betts, Marte, Judge I like Betts/Marte but Judge is an injury risk

Util: Gallo too many low AVG guys

Util: Voit gamble

B: Cespedes, Myers why have Cespedes? 

SP: Sale, Soroka, Carrasco, Urias, Montas, Kopech 

SP: McCullers, Paxton, Richards, Civale, Pearson

the pitching depends on Sale being healthy, Soroka repeating last year, Urias/Montas/Kopech breaking out. If none of this happens your season is over, if some of it then the WW might help you compete but middle of the pack is more likely.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

RP: Davis, Givens (oops lol)

You should play the WW to fix that.