NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pickups if season resumes

Guys who are you picking out of the injured players that were likely dropped if the season resumes in a few weeks?

I think the options are:

Jonathon Isaac

Kelly Oubre Jr.

Ben Simmons

Klay Thompson

Kevin Durant

Kyrie Irving

John Wall

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The pickup is no one. WIsh Yahoo did a league wide lock of all leagues, Pro & Custom. For sure there are bush league tactics being used to take advantage of any situation such as this. Instead of

I think people can drop and pick up whomever they want. I don’t see an issue with it. Stashing is stashing. Don’t worry tho because it is moot and not going to matter anyway. It sucks but fantasy

yall trippin.. dont get mad cuz someone had the wit to make a smart business move. it's such a unique situation i think its dope how it adds to the complexity of fantasy

In my league where I'm the comissioner every player who is OUT as of today and on the WW, will not allowed to be picked up if the season continues at one point. If you still have them stashed in your IR or normal roster then of course you can use him. 

It's the only fair way to deal with this.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Yes I agree. But for leagues where that is not the case, who should the adds be? I wanna discuss that.

This is the crap I hate. Bum azz people wanting to take advantage just cause of this very serious pandemic. Woke up today in one of my leagues where a bum azz owner maxed out his weekly move picking up to stash injured players that were FA. Just do whatever you want to do, the NBA wont play for at least 2 weeks so pick up any or every player you mentioned on your list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

In my league where I'm the comissioner every player who is OUT as of today and on the WW, will not allowed to be picked up if the season continues at one point. If you still have them stashed in your IR or normal roster then of course you can use him. 

I agree with this. I just pulled the loophole and added KAT and Malcolm Brogden. 

Also, to the OP, all of those guys will not be returning in a few weeks. They are out til next season. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

This is the crap I hate. Bum azz people wanting to take advantage just cause of this very serious pandemic. Woke up today in one of my leagues where a bum azz owner maxed out his weekly move picking up to stash injured players that were FA. Just do whatever you want to do, the NBA wont play for at least 2 weeks so pick up any or every player you mentioned on your list.

I don't get what's wrong with that if the league decides not to block those adds?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I woke up and saw the 10th seed who has no way in hell back into p/o just added KD/Isaacs/Oubre . It amusing more then anything for this league specifically lol.

But def highlights the problem of not locking down rosters at the moment, if this was a Playoffs bound team, this would throw **** completely off balanced. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Abhi said:

I don't get what's wrong with that if the league decides not to block those adds?

then add everybody, why even the question? Look who is on your WW and who is not out until next year and give it a shot. Do you really need to hear that Simmons, KAT, Isaac, Thompson or Durant are good players for Fantasy?

Just now, IDatDude said:

I woke up and saw the 10th seed who has no way in hell back into p/o just added KD/Isaacs/Oubre . It amusing more then anything for this league specifically lol.

But def highlights the problem of not locking down rosters at the moment, if this was a Playoffs bound team, this would throw **** completely off balanced. 

In my case it was a team 2nd in the standings behind me who is most likely to have a bye first week of playoffs. So if the miracle happens where the NBA resumes he gets free weeks of stashing guys like KAT Wall etc.

Jeez lol, why is everyone getting mad at me? I agree that these adds are unfair and shouldn't be allowed. But I am not commish everywhere, and the league gets to decide. I was just asking so I can do it before someone else decides to do that and costs me the title which I was deff going to win. There's money on the line and I am going to be equally pissed if someone beats me by making these stupid adds. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

In my case it was a team 2nd in the standings behind me who is most likely to have a bye first week of playoffs. So if the miracle happens where the NBA resumes he gets free weeks of stashing guys like KAT Wall etc.

I feel ya. It sucks but every league is diff, abide by rules, diff commish. 
In leagues where commish isn’t addressing this, best believe I’m right there with the wolves lol

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

As a commisioner for my league i did the same thing. i could of easily scooped up all the IR guy and be a jerk but instead i messaged everyone and told them all roster will be locked. We might vote on it but i don't think there is anyway fair to distribute all the players who would of been out for the season but now with a who knows how long break could potentially be back. Out of the players mentioned on that list i still think it would be few players only that can contribute...def not KD or kyrie but guys like simmons, kat, issac could be a league winner specially if they are playing for a team that has something to fight for.

Edited by the1gq2nvy

KD, Klay, Wall, Isaac have zero chance of returning. All have serious injuries and would need several practices and full camps. I know we play fantasy but some taking fantasies too far lol. The only positive is dudes with nagging injuries like Jimmy, Ayton can get extended rest and return sharp AF

• Like 1

Okay, even in leagues with blocked adds. 

Everyone should still pick up guys like Thomas Bryant and Richaun Holmes if they're available. I think those should be fair game. Ones that have been back but were on a minutes limit. 

13 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

I feel ya. It sucks but every league is diff, abide by rules, diff commish. 
In leagues where commish isn’t addressing this, best believe I’m right there with the wolves lol

Oh no I immediately texted my commish and told him to lock moves. He responded with why would anyone make moves. Best believe I texted him this morning after seeing the moves. He hasnt responded yet but im positive if the fantasy basketball season resumes hes going to remove these players from his team.

• Haha 1

I think people can drop and pick up whomever they want. I don’t see an issue with it. Stashing is stashing.

Don’t worry tho because it is moot and not going to matter anyway. It sucks but fantasy season is over. I don’t see them playing all 82 games if they even play anymore regular season games at all. 

And the platforms are not going to be able to handle an in season change like this. It’s unprecedented. I don’t think they will be able to handle it. No way a real true winner can be crowned.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

i have someone who added, in both leagues i run, Oubre, Isaac and Capela, at 11pm last night once the suspended season was announced. I thinking all of those guys neeed to go back on the wire to make it fair.

1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

How is stashing unfair if EVERYONE is allowed to do it? I find the INJ block unnecessary and borderline control obsessive. 

because its cheap and jeopardizes the integrity of fantasy sports.

all adds/drops have been locked in both my leagues and will be addressed once we know what is going on with the season.

• Like 2

Picking up those players is not much different than picking up a backup after an injury. Everyone has a chance to grab players after news occurs. If the players don't pan out, they still lose the guys they dropped, assuming their IL is filled, which usually is filled end of season. If someone else is going to do add them, might as well do it first, if not addressed. 

4 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

because its cheap and jeopardizes the integrity of fantasy sports.

all adds/drops have been locked in both my leagues and will be addressed once we know what is going on with the season.

Stashing is stashing. Everyone and their grandma abuses the IL slots all season. If you say you don't, then you're a hypocrite.

If you're late on pickup(s), then boo hoo. If you don't have cutthroat mentality, then this isn't for you.

• Like 2