NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pick 2: Gore, Garver, Machado

My keepers are due tomorrow.  12 team head to head.  Keep up to 12 and can't exceed $180.  In the auction, our cumulative total can't exceed $280.  Player values increase $4 each year.  C/1B/2B/3B/SS/5 OFs/UTIL/SP/SP/RP/RP/P/P/P/P 6 additional bench spots (25 total roster spots).   I already have these guys locked  1b- bell- 5,  2b- huira - 11,  3b- vlad- 9,  2b/3b - moncada- 23,  of- kepler -7,  of- laureano- 9, of- kingery -8  sp- buehler 9,  sp- berrios 15, p- urias 9.  

Debating between 2 of these three to keep for my final 2 spots:

$48- Machado-  I'll be assured a big bat going into auction and could fill my SS spot.  His projected value at auction should be in the mid 40s but could reach 50 

$5- Gore-  I was definitely keeping him but with the season delay, I'm not sure how much he pitches in the bigs this year.  If the Padres are competitive, they'll want him up at some point.

$5- Garver- A value regardless.  There's a lot to suggest his breakout was for real but then this came out of nowhere so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not a top 10 fantasy catcher this year.

1 hour ago, jvmillion83 said:

My keepers are due tomorrow.  12 team head to head.  Keep up to 12 and can't exceed $180.  In the auction, our cumulative total can't exceed $280.  Player values increase $4 each year.  C/1B/2B/3B/SS/5 OFs/UTIL/SP/SP/RP/RP/P/P/P/P 6 additional bench spots (25 total roster spots).   I already have these guys locked  1b- bell- 5,  2b- huira - 11,  3b- vlad- 9,  2b/3b - moncada- 23,  of- kepler -7,  of- laureano- 9, of- kingery -8  sp- buehler 9,  sp- berrios 15, p- urias 9.  

Debating between 2 of these three to keep for my final 2 spots:

$48- Machado-  I'll be assured a big bat going into auction and could fill my SS spot.  His projected value at auction should be in the mid 40s but could reach 50 

$5- Gore-  I was definitely keeping him but with the season delay, I'm not sure how much he pitches in the bigs this year.  If the Padres are competitive, they'll want him up at some point.

$5- Garver- A value regardless.  There's a lot to suggest his breakout was for real but then this came out of nowhere so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not a top 10 fantasy catcher this year.

This doesn’t appear to be an NL only league, where Machado could reach $30+. He’s probably a $20 playing in mixed league. Why do you think he’s worth $45-$50?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

This doesn’t appear to be an NL only league, where Machado could reach $30+. He’s probably a $20 playing in mixed league. Why do you think he’s worth $45-$50?

Because of the $280 limit, top 10-15 guys is available will get past 50 (maybe into 60's possibly low 70s if you're a top guy like Trout).  Top 40-50 guys should stay in the 40s.  Top 100 guys will range from low 20s to high 30s.   Machado just has that name value where he may get up there and despite the bad average he's still a lock for good power numbers.  I also have Bryant I could keep at 46 or Correa at 33.   It might be best to throw all three back and use my $160+budget in the auction to try to get any of them for value or a few others around that.  

1 hour ago, jvmillion83 said:

Because of the $280 limit, top 10-15 guys is available will get past 50 (maybe into 60's possibly low 70s if you're a top guy like Trout).  Top 40-50 guys should stay in the 40s.  Top 100 guys will range from low 20s to high 30s.   Machado just has that name value where he may get up there and despite the bad average he's still a lock for good power numbers.  I also have Bryant I could keep at 46 or Correa at 33.   It might be best to throw all three back and use my $160+budget in the auction to try to get any of them for value or a few others around that.  

Machado isn’t really a lock for anything at this point. I’m sure you could get better value at the auction.

22 hours ago, 6Kill said:

Save the money and keep Gore and Garver

I agree with this.  If you can get Machado back for 40-50 anyway, why keep him?  No value there.  Free up the extra money to spend in the draft and make a run at him there.  Maybe you can get him cheaper.  I personally dont think he's all that great anyway.  More name and contract than anything at this point.  Medirocre Avg, 30 Hr's, and a handful of steals is ok, but not worth 15-20% of your budget