NBC Sports Edge Forums

The Top SP Pitching Carousel 2020

Lets use this thread to discuss all the top pitchers and where and why they rank.  I will start off with my post in the Castillo thread,

Just browsing the NFC high stakes ADP.  From 3/12 until now hes being taken #5 pitcher off the board?? Am I missing something?  Current ADP list looks like this. Thats there top 12.   Thoughts???

Degrom

Cole

Walker

Max

Castillo

Jack

Darvish

Clevinger

Stras

Verlander

Beiber

Giolitto

Patrick Corbin should def be on that list, he’s been a top 10 back to back years now yet he’s not on the top 12 is laughable 

darvish last 4 years don’t even compare to corbins last 2

lucas Giolito has a 1.5 whip almost in 2018 in a 175 innings, like what he did last year but corbins done it for 2 in a row 

Edited by Brye
1 hour ago, svtballa said:

Lets use this thread to discuss all the top pitchers and where and why they rank.  I will start off with my post in the Castillo thread,

Just browsing the NFC high stakes ADP.  From 3/12 until now hes being taken #5 pitcher off the board?? Am I missing something?  Current ADP list looks like this. Thats there top 12.   Thoughts???

Degrom

Cole

Walker

Max

Castillo

Jack

Darvish

Clevinger

Stras

Verlander

Beiber

Giolitto

Small sample size here, give it a few more days before reading too much into it. Giolito should fall, Darvish as well, Bieber will move up and Kershaw and Corbin likely sneak in. Clevinger and Verlander are wildcards at this time too but as mentioned on these message boards and on twitter likely benefit from a later start.

28 drafts on main even weekend is pretty relevant. Thats 28 diff mock drafts from high stakes players its clearly very valuable information. That said I'm seeing diff ranks then OP. 

https://nfc.shgn.com/adp/baseball

Degrom 4 overall

Cole 6 overall

Walker B 12

Max     13

JV 15 

Jack F 17

Bieber 27

Strasburg 28

Mike C 31

LUIS C 32

Lucas G 37

Yu Darvish 38

Corbin 40

• Like 1

Having a top 12 list without Clayton Kershaw seems crazy to me.

The idea that you finally get a 200 IP season out of Strasburg, elevation of Flaherty after an (admittedly great) half a season, still feeling more comfortable with Verlander even though he's six years older and already dealing with injury...

IDK.  Guess it's just me, but with the visit to Driveline, him hitting 93 in ST...looks like you can get the best pitcher on the planet at a major discount to me.

I like Clevinger

7 hours ago, svtballa said:

Degrom

Cole

Walker

Max

Castillo

Jack

Darvish

Clevinger

Stras

Verlander

Beiber

Giolitto

I move Clevinger up to 5th right under Max but that's just me. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, svtballa said:

Degrom

Cole

Walker

Max

Castillo

Jack

Darvish

Clevinger

Stras

Verlander

Beiber

Giolitto

Bieber is criminally underrated here. My list would be (taking age and injury into consideration).

Cole

DeGrom

Buehler

Bieber

Flaherty

Scherzer

Corbin

Darvish

Strasburg

Giolito

Clevinger

Verlander

4 hours ago, davidgoretiz said:

A healthy Glasnow belongs in this group 

Glasnow hasn't proven anything over a stretch of time.  He's certainly not Top 12 and is even borderline Top 20 for me.  Talented but high risk.