Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Daytraders2019 said:

Is this rhetoric or reality? I’ve heard nothing like this.

Think he’s speculating.   We’re just gonna have to watch practice reports for a few days.   It’s awfully convenient timing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok...I think I've got it now.  If I did everything right, you should see a pic of a dinosaur serving a whiskey to a dwarf.  

Good points.  I've done some work on this after reading your post.   And by my calculations, assuming they have the same calf size, Gordon is standing about 30 feet behind Mixon and is actually about

Honestly those are some sickass shorts 

Make other arrangements. He was a suspect start anyway due to the opponent. I had him sitting this week because of New England D plus he struggled with the Tampa D. Add to it that Lindsay is returning and it is a recipe for unproductive this week.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It certainly seems as if the Broncos aren't planning on making Gordon available this week.  Between the DUI drama & an illness keeping him out of 2 practices now, I would expect him to sit.  Wondering if they might say it was an organizational decision to hold him out now so his looming suspension is only 2 games later? I really don't know if the league would allow it, just spitballing here

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

It certainly seems as if the Broncos aren't planning on making Gordon available this week.  Between the DUI drama & an illness keeping him out of 2 practices now, I would expect him to sit.  Wondering if they might say it was an organizational decision to hold him out now so his looming suspension is only 2 games later? I really don't know if the league would allow it, just spitballing here


they have to pay him...but Denver is well within their rights to make an organizational decision to deactivate him.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

 

So his court appearance is November 13th..so I would imagine he would get suspended shortly after and then appeal his suspension....this might not affect him till next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From my understanding it seems fairly unlikely he gets suspended for quite a while if at all this season.The narrative that a suspension is coming soon is definitely out there. My mock drafts over the weekend nobody was taking him until very late (I mock well into the season to gauge player values) This is a incredible value buy scenario in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

From my understanding it seems fairly unlikely he gets suspended for quite a while if at all this season.The narrative that a suspension is coming soon is definitely out there. My mock drafts over the weekend nobody was taking him until very late (I mock well into the season to gauge player values) This is a incredible value buy scenario in my opinion.

 

Gordon's value definitely plunged with Lindsay going for 100 yards against the Pats and the DUI / behavior. However, how big is this pie for two RB's? 18-20 PPG from the team at the RB position renders them as flex plays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Gordon's value definitely plunged with Lindsay going for 100 yards against the Pats and the DUI / behavior. However, how big is this pie for two RB's? 18-20 PPG from the team at the RB position renders them as flex plays. 

I think he can possibly be had for bench fodder here...if that's the case I'm all over it. I'll find out this week lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

From my understanding it seems fairly unlikely he gets suspended for quite a while if at all this season.The narrative that a suspension is coming soon is definitely out there. My mock drafts over the weekend nobody was taking him until very late (I mock well into the season to gauge player values) This is a incredible value buy scenario in my opinion.

This. Not so worried about looming suspension myself, though one obviously needs to take the possibility into account. 
 

16 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Gordon's value definitely plunged with Lindsay going for 100 yards against the Pats and the DUI / behavior. However, how big is this pie for two RB's? 18-20 PPG from the team at the RB position renders them as flex plays. 

I see him as low end RB2 in 12 teamed at the moment. Seem about right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...