NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok...I think I've got it now.  If I did everything right, you should see a pic of a dinosaur serving a whiskey to a dwarf.  

Good points.  I've done some work on this after reading your post.   And by my calculations, assuming they have the same calf size, Gordon is standing about 30 feet behind Mixon and is actually about

Honestly those are some sickass shorts 

1 hour ago, TonyRomo said:

Is it just me or is this dude perennially undervalued every year?

His rookie season he was hyped up fairly big and was definitely overvalued. Didn't even score a rushing TD. His second season he was probably a bargin because he had around 1,000 yards and 10 TDs and because of the down rookie year, although I can't remember exactly where he went. His 3rd and 4th years he was basically a top 15 pick. Returned that value pretty much. Maybe very slightly outperformed. Last year he held out 4 games and was still drafted pretty high. Was down some in performance some, was probably around value. In earlier drafting leagues he underperformed, in some later drafting leagues he ended up a good deal. Probably right around his value this year.

On the whole I'd say he pretty much has met where he's gone. Maybe has very slightly outdone it. It's just that the last 3 years until this one, he was viewed as a top 10-20 fantasy pick(except last year's holdout, but he would have been a consensus top 10 pick if not for that). It's hard to look at many of those guys and say they are undervalued. Especially him. He was never a great player. He was good. Got his volume and got his so so to below average yards per carry. Good TD totals and good reception totals.

I saw the couple big Lindsay runs and heard everyone buzzing about him and I thought he must have stolen the job. He only had 7 touches lol

Melvin is so boring nowadays. He's still got 2/3 of the work this week though. Lindsay was ok-ish as a reciever his first couple years. It has never seemed like they have trusted him there much though. They pretty much aren't using him there at all anymore. We know they don't trust him to stay healthy with a heavy workload. It isn't close to as sexy as it used to be, but Melvin is still a solid play.

52 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I saw the couple big Lindsay runs and heard everyone buzzing about him and I thought he must have stolen the job. He only had 7 touches lol

Melvin is so boring nowadays. He's still got 2/3 of the work this week though. Lindsay was ok-ish as a reciever his first couple years. It has never seemed like they have trusted him there much though. They pretty much aren't using him there at all anymore. We know they don't trust him to stay healthy with a heavy workload. It isn't close to as sexy as it used to be, but Melvin is still a solid play.

Gordon is currently getting outplayed by Lindsay. He's been subpar and mistake prone the past few weeks. The committee will stay intact but I wouldn't necessarily say he's a solid play until he shows a sign of improvement. Not to mention he still can get suspended for 2-3 weeks.

Edited by YK35
12 minutes ago, YK35 said:

Gordon is currently getting outplayed by Lindsay. He's been subpar and mistake prone the past few weeks. The committee will stay intact but I wouldn't necessarily say he's a solid play until he shows a sign of improvement. Not to mention he still can get suspended for 2-3 weeks.

So far it isn't turning into more touches for Phillip Lindsay. It certainly could but as of now it isn't. Melvin has cleared 10 PPR points each of the last 2 weeks and in 5 of 6 weeks. Sounds pretty good to me...I'm really not a MG3 fan at this stage of his career but he's objectively been a fine RB2 this season.

From my understanding, he is fairly unlikely to be suspended this year. He could be I guess...but as of now it isn't on the horizon.

Edited by Benjamin1984

Hard to trust both of them. Problem: I have both of them.

Lindsay is clearly the better runner but he gets limited touches atm.

Gordons carries stink but they used him more in the passing game the second half and he has more touches.

Watch for his three game suspension to start this week.  His arraignment is in friday for his DUI.  DUI comes with mandatory 3 game suspension per new CBA.  Up from 2 games in prior CBA.  It is believed NFL was waiting for the arraignment. 

On 11/8/2020 at 5:18 PM, jjbooda said:

Watch for his three game suspension to start this week.  His arraignment is in friday for his DUI.  DUI comes with mandatory 3 game suspension per new CBA.  Up from 2 games in prior CBA.  It is believed NFL was waiting for the arraignment. 

It’s on 12/14

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

If I were to trade him what value does he have? [... [

I don't know why anyone would give up anything of value for him. I think he is somewhat talented but the offense stinks, Lindsey is still lurking steal carries MG can't afford to lose, he has a pending DUI which probably won't affect him this year but could, etc. So many issues 

Edited by tonycpsu