NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok...I think I've got it now.  If I did everything right, you should see a pic of a dinosaur serving a whiskey to a dwarf.  

Good points.  I've done some work on this after reading your post.   And by my calculations, assuming they have the same calf size, Gordon is standing about 30 feet behind Mixon and is actually about

Honestly those are some sickass shorts 

Not the Worst landing spot. good for atleast RB2 numbers with a good dash of RB 1 numbers. He is the #1 option. Lindsay will break soon anyways. 

I think this is a pretty sneaky great landing spot. Pat shurmur wants to use one RB and usually helps make them pretty amazing. 

rams OC  - Steven Jackson had his second best season with 1400 yards  with 40 catches (fun fact he had. 90 catch season before in 2006)

Browns HC - turned Trent Richardson into. 950 yard rusher and 11 TD machine

eagles OC - with chip kelly not Andy Reid. Helped make lessen McCoy a 1600 yard rusher with 50 catches and 1300 yard rusher the next season

2017 Vikings OC - with a  bad offensive line the rookie dalvin cook is a monster for 4 games then tears an ACL . Then in the remaining 12 games he make JAG pat Murray a 800 yard rusher with 8 TDs and 15 catches and jerrick McKinnon a 500 yard rusher with 50 catches total RB receptions are 77 between the 3.

2018-19 giants HC - has saquon so it’s doesn’t really matter but saquon was utilized in both passing and rushing games a lot. 

melvin Gordon was Behind a bad o-line. He is a great receiver out of the back field. His line in Denver will be better the defense will keep them in games and fangio is a defensive guy who would love to be able to run the ball. Shurmur has been lucky in having awesome backs but he just got handed another one so I think it could be a secretly great match. Think demarco Murray in Tennessee. Most of us thought he was washed up but he went to the perfect place for him and was a steal in a lot of drafts

Edited by Stonej14
  • Like 1
NFL Network's James Palmer reports, "The belief is that (Melvin) Gordon will be Denver’s bell cow."

The $16 million deal isn't necessarily enough money for the Broncos to bend over backwards in an effort to get Gordon touches. Still, the veteran's three-down skill-set makes him a better bet than both Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman to ultimately lead this backfield in snaps, carries and targets alike. Most teams utilize a committee of sorts these days anyway, so Gordon could feasibly flirt with RB1 fantasy production if he can get something in the range of even 60-70% snaps per game. 2019 wasn't great, but we've seen Gordon flash tantalizing talent before. Overall, he led the NFL in total broken tackles from 2016-2018 (PFF).

Mar 26, 2020, 12:34 PM ET
  • Like 1
On 3/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

RB1

Nope if Lindsay is healthy he will not be. Lindsay is VERY talented and will eat into his catches/touches overall. This is not the chargers they have a 2nd year raw qb and sutton and no one else. I wouldnt draft him until the 5th, which he won't be there. 

In no order

CMC, Kamara, Saquon, Zeke, Henry, Cook, random rookie, eckler, henderson, drake, mixon, aaron jones, josh jacobs, gurely I can go on and on

Edited by nmartinez12443
4 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Nope. Lindsay is VERY talented and will eat into his catches/touches overall. This is not the chargers they have a 2nd year raw qb and sutton and no one else. I wouldnt draft him until the 5th, which he won't be there. 

Ekeler?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

You said Ekeler, what does that mean?

Ekeler was putatively regarded as a back-up to Gordon - but proved himself to be better and cheaper.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Ekeler was putatively regarded as a back-up to Gordon - but proved himself to be better and cheaper.

Oh I see what you mean, yes you will get a nice discount on lindsay, but unfortunately lock didn't involve him at all even when he was the main dude. I wouldn't want Lindsay where he will be drafted in the 5th/6th. People who love Gordon are ignoring the check down didn't seem in locks arsenal. 

1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Oh I see what you mean, yes you will get a nice discount on lindsay, but unfortunately lock didn't involve him at all even when he was the main dude. I wouldn't want Lindsay where he will be drafted in the 5th/6th. People who love Gordon are ignoring the check down didn't seem in locks arsenal. 

I might be off-base here - but I sorta feel like Lindsay isn’t going to be better than a flex at this point.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I might be off-base here - but I sorta feel like Lindsay isn’t going to be better than a flex at this point.

Yup without injury they will cancel each other out and be useless. Both of them will be a flex at best in ppr. DND for me. 

25 minutes ago, bomont said:

Gordon is one of the most overrated backs ever. Look how far we're into FA and still he's unsigned, I wonder why? He will be worthless this year.

You are aware he’s signed, right?

He's gonna have to slip A LOT in drafts to be worth the gamble IMO. I know he put up a phenomenal fantasy season two years ago but the guy's an ordinary talent who's injury prone. Lindsay is better. I'd be absolutely shocked if Gordon was a bellcow. 

11 hours ago, bomont said:

Gordon is one of the most overrated backs ever. Look how far we're into FA and still he's unsigned, I wonder why? He will be worthless this year.

I don’t think this is fair to him. He’s never had a good o-line to run behind and tore an ACL in his rookie year. Excellent in the passing game even tho he isn’t a kamara level great. Hasn’t had any notable offensive genius’s calling plays to help him like Mcvay did gurely or shanahan did for freeman and the falcons. He does have an injury problem but I think “one of the most overrated backs ever” isn’t accurate.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's gonna have to slip A LOT in drafts to be worth the gamble IMO. I know he put up a phenomenal fantasy season two years ago but the guy's an ordinary talent who's injury prone. Lindsay is better. I'd be absolutely shocked if Gordon was a bellcow. 

The Broncos do not agree with your saying that Lindsay is better as evidenced of Signing Gordon. They KNOW Lindsay can't handle the Load. Lindsay will break...he will break....

On 3/28/2020 at 8:03 AM, Stonej14 said:

I don’t think this is fair to him. He’s never had a good o-line to run behind and tore an ACL in his rookie year. Excellent in the passing game even tho he isn’t a kamara level great. Hasn’t had any notable offensive genius’s calling plays to help him like Mcvay did gurely or shanahan did for freeman and the falcons. He does have an injury problem but I think “one of the most overrated backs ever” isn’t accurate.

There’s a common misconception about Gordon being a JAG on these forums. It started from 2 years ago, mainly Ekeler truthers who had Austin rostered at the time. Melvin isn’t elite by any means, but he’s a good-great RB . Basically what I would label Lindsay as. But I wan’t no part of this backfield this year. Bad enough Phillip was splitting carries with Rolls Royce last year. Now add MG3 to the mix , all bad. I rather take a chance on Lindsay in the later rounds. A Freeman injury could spike his value, and if Gordon ever missed time it would skyrocket. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
On 3/26/2020 at 1:04 PM, The G Man said:
NFL Network's James Palmer reports, "The belief is that (Melvin) Gordon will be Denver’s bell cow."

The $16 million deal isn't necessarily enough money for the Broncos to bend over backwards in an effort to get Gordon touches. Still, the veteran's three-down skill-set makes him a better bet than both Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman to ultimately lead this backfield in snaps, carries and targets alike. Most teams utilize a committee of sorts these days anyway, so Gordon could feasibly flirt with RB1 fantasy production if he can get something in the range of even 60-70% snaps per game. 2019 wasn't great, but we've seen Gordon flash tantalizing talent before. Overall, he led the NFL in total broken tackles from 2016-2018 (PFF).

Mar 26, 2020, 12:34 PM ET

If this is true than one of Lindsay and Freeman has to be getting traded? Otherwise this is a terrible signing by Elway.

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

If this is true than one of Lindsay and Freeman has to be getting traded? Otherwise this is a terrible signing by Elway.

Would it surprise you that Elway made a terrible decision?

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic