NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok...I think I've got it now.  If I did everything right, you should see a pic of a dinosaur serving a whiskey to a dwarf.  

Good points.  I've done some work on this after reading your post.   And by my calculations, assuming they have the same calf size, Gordon is standing about 30 feet behind Mixon and is actually about

Honestly those are some sickass shorts 

8 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I'm guessing it's only a minor rib injury and he should be fine by week 1 but doesn't hurt to own Lindsay.

I'm just wondering how he has a hamstring injury when he has no hamstrings.

bodybuilder-13686507.jpg

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 4
On 8/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, K197040 said:

have you seen this???

nod33cv6qlg11.jpg

I don't know if you guys are seriously concerned about his legs.  I've been assuming it is a joke, but it just keeps going.  After taking into consideration how much farther MGIII is from the camera, his calves look larger than Mixon's (or at the very least very similar).  And Mixon's ankle width looks the same as MGIII's after taking into account depth of field.  Just look at the difference between Mixon's right calf/ankle and his left calf/ankle (due to the right being closer to the camera).  Now look how much farther away MGIII is standing.  Then consider that Mixon's athletic socks make his ankles look thicker than they actually are.

I'm not high on MGIII this year, but I can't imagine down-grading him because of this photo.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

I don't know if you guys are seriously concerned about his legs.  I've been assuming it is a joke, but it just keeps going.  After taking into consideration how much farther MGIII is from the camera, his calves look larger than Mixon's (or at the very least very similar).  And Mixon's ankle width looks the same as MGIII's after taking into account depth of field.  Just look at the difference between Mixon's right calf/ankle and his left calf/ankle (due to the right being closer to the camera).  Now look how much farther away MGIII is standing.  Then consider that Mixon's athletic socks make his ankles look thicker than they actually are.

I'm not high on MGIII this year, but I can't imagine down-grading him because of this photo.

First off, it’s a joke.

However, even when taking everything into account there’s no damn way Gordon has thicker calves than Mixon.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

First off, it’s a joke.

However, even when taking everything into account there’s no damn way Gordon has thicker calves than Mixon.

Great, I assumed it was a joke but a few posters seemed pretty passionate about it and I wanted to make sure they realized the forced perspective in the photo.

We'll have to disagree on the calves, but I don't think a deep analysis on another man's calves is necessary to get to the bottom of it.

Not liking what I'm hearing out of camp on MGIII. Struggling with the altitude, rib injury, apparently not looking special in practice and now the head coach is saying it's going to be a shared backfield. Count me out at his current ADP.

31 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

Good points.  I've done some work on this after reading your post.   And by my calculations, assuming they have the same calf size, Gordon is standing about 30 feet behind Mixon and is actually about 8' tall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

The closer I get to my draft, the more Gordon is looking like a sneaky RB1 in my eyes. Someone help me out, where would a 800 rushing, 50 catch 400 receiving 11 Total touchdown season have ranked him last year? edit- added receiving yards. 

Edited by Ryansm11
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

The closer I get to my draft, the more Gordon is looking like a sneaky RB1 in my eyes. Someone help me out, where would a 800 rushing, 50 catch 400 receiving 11 Total touchdown season have ranked him last year? edit- added receiving yards. 

That comes out to 211 points in a .5 PPR which would put him about 17th last year. He'd be right around where Drake, Bell, and Sanders were.

That being said I think Melvin is gonna be a TD machine this year. That offense is gonna move the ball. I think he can definitely finish top 15 RBs

18 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I started out optimistic, but this guy just keeps sliding and sliding down my board. Not nearly enough confidence to draft him as an RB1. At his ADP, there should clearly be a top receiver, TE, or QB that should be rock solid.

That’s how every RB at that ADP is though lol. 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I started out optimistic, but this guy just keeps sliding and sliding down my board. Not nearly enough confidence to draft him as an RB1. At his ADP, there should clearly be a top receiver, TE, or QB that should be rock solid.

Yeah initially I didn’t mind him at his ADP but now I don’t even look twice at his name.

His success for the Chargers was hugely based on volume. He had a lock for pretty much 20+ touches a game and all the GL carries to himself. Dude hasn’t broken 4 YPC in 4 out of 5 seasons. 

• Like 1

I'm the opposite. Had no interest in him, but now it's growing. Lindsay hasn't been good catching the ball for them so Gordon should have that locked up aswell as the GL...the prized opportunities in fantasy (PPR)

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I'm the opposite. Had no interest in him, but now it's growing. Lindsay hasn't been good catching the ball for them so Gordon should have that locked up aswell as the GL...the prized opportunities in fantasy (PPR)

Agreed- he's being priced at his floor. O-line is improved, which he thrives with, and he's going to get all the receptions he can handle.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I’ve been saying this. Lindsay was terrible in the goal line, and he isn’t a receiving threat. Freeman had 40+ catches last year. Gordon should have 50+ catches and a double digit touchdown season. They can run Lindsay 15 times a game between the 20’s idc. Give me Gordon on 3rd down and in the red zone. That’s where fantasy points are made. 

• Like 1

Broncos' Melvin Gordon: Misses time again with rib injury

By RotoWire Staff

Gordon did not practice Saturday during the team's scrimmage due to a rib injury, Troy Renck of Denver 7 News reports.

Gordon suffered a rib injury a little less than two weeks ago, but was cleared to return to practice Monday. While it's unclear if the veteran suffered some sort of setback, it's at least somewhat concerning that Gordon didn't participate in the team's scrimmage. Coach Vic Fangio also seemed to echo that concern but suggested he'd be back "sooner rather than later". Royce Freeman and Phillip split the first-team reps in Gordon's absence Saturday.

I had some optimism, even drafted him in a league where we drafted early, but this rib injury definitely has me concerned. I’m starting to think Lindsay leads this backfield in fantasy scoring and Gordon is in and out of the lineup all year. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Got him at 4.11 in a 12 teamed tonight. Suprised he fell that far in PPR

I think the public perception is that Denver won't be that great (offense wise) and that he's going to split time...

But the reverse can easily be just as true- Denver will have a good offense and he'll be a majority ball carrier. That's the players you like to draft...

12 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I think the public perception is that Denver won't be that great (offense wise) and that he's going to split time...

But the reverse can easily be just as true- Denver will have a good offense and he'll be a majority ball carrier. That's the players you like to draft...

personally I’ve got him behind guys like DJ, Fournette

No doubt in my mind Fangio is telling the truth when he calls Lindsay/Gordon 1A and 1B.    Denver will be a good running team so there’s meat for both to eat— but why pay for the more expensive of the duo?   

8 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

personally I’ve got him behind guys like DJ, Fournette

No doubt in my mind Fangio is telling the truth when he calls Lindsay/Gordon 1A and 1B.    Denver will be a good running team so there’s meat for both to eat— but why pay for the more expensive of the duo?   

My thinking is that the more expensive of the Duo will get goal line and all the receptions...aka the money touches in fantasy. Lindsay doing 12 for 65 ain't winning anyone anything. 

• 2 weeks later...