NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook

The G Man

Gordon will be the safety net in all likelihood and the redzone back.  He'll see more value touches and more touches overall with the best O line he's ever had.  He's a good goal line back, too, so overall I see double digit tds and 1000 total yards.  Solid RB2 with 40 plus receptions.  Denver is very good at getting these targets to their rbs and Gordon is better than the other guys at catching and blocking so expect more.  His ypc will suck but how much will that matter? He's not getting benched.  He might lose work between the 20s and he'll be healthy ALL SEASON.  Cant decide if i prefer him or gurley but they've got decent floor.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Picked up Gordo super cheap today in a draft.  Felt wrong but felt right.  Not worried about Lindsey...he had Ekeler and Woodhead in some sort of timeshare.  If Gordon is healthy and his mind is right - this dude is gonna feast.  

How we feeling on Monday now without Sutton and now with Clowney? Low-scoring game...doesn't seem like the upside is there on Monday.

I don't think this offense is the same without Sutton, considering the inexperience all over the place. They had a bit too many eggs in the Sutton basket.

Who benefits? I would say it's going to be stacked boxes for a while without Sutton. 

24 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

How we feeling on Monday now without Sutton and now with Clowney? Low-scoring game...doesn't seem like the upside is there on Monday.

I don't think this offense is the same without Sutton, considering the inexperience all over the place. They had a bit too many eggs in the Sutton basket.

Who benefits? I would say it's going to be stacked boxes for a while without Sutton. 

My initial thought is that Gordon will see more touches without Sutton on the field. What those additional touches amount to is anyone's guess. I'm firing him up regardless.

24 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

MGIII looked good ... spry, bouncing, slithering - a marked improvement from the quasi plodding of last year's lost season - cat had some spring and giddyup 🤠

he can be very productive with this starring role ... i like the potential of that entire offense, it's growing on me. 

I'm pretty excited too. They offense is good gonna pretty damn good. I wasn't the biggest lock believer. 

This my first time owning Gordon so I was pretty nervous. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Phillip Lindsey injury, possible turf toe. This looked like a mess for fantasy early on but if Lindsey misses significant time his value goes way up into RB1 territory

Yeah, we might have just gotten bailed out. Even when players with Turf Toe play they still have their performance severely hampered, like what we saw with Adams last year 

44 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

MGIII looked good ... spry, bouncing, slithering - a marked improvement from the quasi plodding of last year's lost season - cat had some spring and giddyup 🤠

he can be very productive with this starring role ... i like the potential of that entire offense, it's growing on me. 

Just 

don’t 

fumble 

Gordon really needs to tamp this down 

46 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

offense did look good- lock is really capable of moving the ball, so it looks like broncos are gonna out perform adps if this goes well. 

It was not a fun first half watching Gordon sub in and out with Lindsay all the time, even in the redZone. Thought Gordon played really well in the second half. 4th quarter I thought he dominated and kept them in the game. Now with Lindsay out, and probably the reason why the broncos signed Gordon (durability), his value should be on the rise. Unfortunately at Pittsburgh next 

can see a very respectable ppr day incoming ... the numbers on the ground will be modest, but Lock should find him at least a handful of times ootb -

Stillers with a very banged up o-line ... has all the makings of Teflon Tomlin's patented underachieving shtick coming to fruition - think the Donks hang in there and give the hosts all they can handle. 

MGIII will be used accordingly.

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

26 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

Could be a nice buy-low after facing the brutal Steelers' D.

Only if Lindsey is out a decent amount of time. I wasn't liking the 50/50 split in the first half of game one. It's going to severely cap his upside, especially once Sutton comes back and demands his targets. 

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Only if Lindsey is out a decent amount of time. I wasn't liking the 50/50 split in the first half of game one. It's going to severely cap his upside, especially once Sutton comes back and demands his targets. 

True, but turf toe can be a nagging injury that could limit Lindsay for a good while. I wasn't able to watch the game, but I assume Gordon will get most/all of the goal-line work.

31 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I'm sitting him this week because of the matchup. Do we think with the new news of Lindsey missing 2-4 weeks makes Gordon a no-brainer start for PPR? Where will he land this week? RB2/3/flex territory? Better? Worse?

Still a mid-low RB2. After next week's matchup with TB, he should be out the gate though.

The steeler matchup is concerning but I don't think denver's line will play as poorly as the Giants line did last week.  

I think gordon still has a decent floor today if he gets receiving work. And he's always a threat to score.  

I'm firing him up.  I didn't draft him to bench him in week 2.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

The steeler matchup is concerning but I don't think denver's line will play as poorly as the Giants line did last week.  

I think gordon still has a decent floor today if he gets receiving work. And he's always a threat to score.  

I'm firing him up.  I didn't draft him to bench him in week 2 especially with Lindsay OUT. 

fixed ✌

9 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Ain’t no buying low now. Bell cow. Let’s roll. 

Not looking forward to next week- Tampa in town with Driskel. I know I shied away from this matchup, but started anyways and was reward for 16 points.

Is he a must-start anyways going forward? I feel next week looks really bad.