NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook

53 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Not a bump after running well against the D that shut Saquon down? Plus connecting with backup QB for a TD?

Low end RB1 as long as Lindsay's out, change my mind. 

Plus, if he plays as well as this, he should get the lionshare in the committee. 

I'm very thrilled- glad to stick with him as they are leaning on him now more than ever...but not sure how this offense goes into the tank with Driskel. He is somewhat competent however. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok...I think I've got it now.  If I did everything right, you should see a pic of a dinosaur serving a whiskey to a dwarf.  

Good points.  I've done some work on this after reading your post.   And by my calculations, assuming they have the same calf size, Gordon is standing about 30 feet behind Mixon and is actually about

Honestly those are some sickass shorts 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not looking forward to next week- Tampa in town with Driskel. I know I shied away from this matchup, but started anyways and was reward for 16 points.

Is he a must-start anyways going forward? I feel next week looks really bad.

With all the injuries I have, no choice. Regardless, he’s pretty much must start in all 12 team leagues. He got over 20 touches and looked great. He was running through Pittsburgh players. It’ll just be another floor game. 12-15 points. 

46 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not looking forward to next week- Tampa in town with Driskel. I know I shied away from this matchup, but started anyways and was reward for 16 points.

Is he a must-start anyways going forward? I feel next week looks really bad.

true. But I thought this week looked really bad. 

I personally will trust the volume. 

2 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Not a great fantasy week, anyone watch the actual game? Was it just Denver being blown out early that led to the result? Is he a buy-low at this stage or is he really just a lower-end RB2 the rest of the way?

This window with Lindsey out was really a chance for MG to return great value to his owners but the Lock injury has seemingly killed that. Lock will return soon but so will Lindsey, and then we're back where we started at the beginning of week 1, which kind of looked like a messy RBBC. 

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

This window with Lindsey out was really a chance for MG to return great value to his owners but the Lock injury has seemingly killed that. Lock will return soon but so will Lindsey, and then we're back where we started at the beginning of week 1, which kind of looked like a messy RBBC. 

Even with Lindsay there if lock returns at a similar time I think he’s still an RB2. He’s looked good. 

17 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Even with Lindsay there if lock returns at a similar time I think he’s still an RB2. He’s looked good. 

Maybe, maybe not. The first half of game 1 was a true 50/50 split(including GL touches). I don't think MG can maintain RB2 value in that scenario. 

How's this going to go against the Jets? Great matchup in a vacuum, but with the Denver QB situation the upside of the whole offense is pretty capped. On the other hand, how does Gordon NOT get a bunch of looks and any possible GL touches?

2 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

How's this going to go against the Jets? Great matchup in a vacuum, but with the Denver QB situation the upside of the whole offense is pretty capped. On the other hand, how does Gordon NOT get a bunch of looks and any possible GL touches?

Could be ok- should be safe but we'll be extremely lucky if he gets 2 TD's. Implied over under is like 40 and Broncos implied is 19...seems generous, but anything can happen on TNF. 

Unless you have much better options might as well put him in your lineup. Lindsay will be back very soon and who knows what to expect then. Let’s just hope he gets the volume tonight and can punch 1 in. 

1 hour ago, JAG_challam said:

Chris Carson and Kareem Hunt giving me no choice but to run Gordon. Fingers crossed baby!

His projection just go bumped up to low-end RB1 numbers...so if that makes you feel assured. Doesn't make me feel assured but looks like others also view him as a solid play 

• Like 1

Feels like a sell high candidate with lindsay coming back but realistically melvin will likely get all the valuable work in this offense and im wondering if people are overestimating the impact an injured lindsay will really have on melvins production. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Feels like a sell high candidate with lindsay coming back but realistically melvin will likely get all the valuable work in this offense and im wondering if people are overestimating the impact an injured lindsay will really have on melvins production. Sadly traded him away yesterday lol

I watched the first game and these two were subbing in and out constantly...no rhythm or fluidity at all. Even Freeman was the 3rd down back for quite a bit tonight.

I'm trying to be objective (and not bitter since I traded him today.) But this team wreaks of headache and I wanted to be out of fantasy players on bad teams, like the Broncos. The problem is- everyone knows Lindsay is coming back. The time to sell high was today, even with his big points game, unless your team is uninformed about the news and just checks box scores.

Lindsay will muddy things up- he was on pace to do so in Week 1. Today's matchup and being without Lindsay was a bail out, and I was looking to sell ever since. That Bucs performance was absolutely disgusting by the whole team- I'm glad I got something in return.

At New England next week...sell. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

I agree, but if I'm playing the long game, I am trading for the player in the more optimal situation and higher ceiling...even if that means losing the battle to win the war. 

And the Jets aren't one of the worst run defenses in the league. I was content with Gordon getting 14-15 tonight. That 12 point run at the end is the reason this should be a sell high. 

In fantasy they are. I think they are giving up the 5th most points to RBs. After three weeks they were 9th worst in the NFL. Bottom third of the league is pretty much among the worst.

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

I watched the first game and these two were subbing in and out constantly...no rhythm or fluidity at all. Even Freeman was the 3rd down back for quite a bit tonight.

I'm trying to be objective (and not bitter since I traded him today.) But this team wreaks of headache and I wanted to be out of fantasy players on bad teams, like the Broncos. Lindsay will muddy things up- he was on pace to do so in Week 1. We just got bailed out, and I was looking to sell ever since. 

for my own sake i hope you’re right, I certainly think he takes a hit with lindsay back but I also think hes earning himself a bigger role than he had that first game where he fumbled. Turf toe is also no joke so I wonder if that bothers lindsay at all. Could see it going either way at this point

Just now, FitzMagic said:

In fantasy they are. I think they are giving up the 5th most points to RBs. After three weeks they were 9th worst in the NFL. Bottom third of the league is pretty much among the worst.

I know- inflated by Mostert's 80 yard TD, Zack Moss red zone reception TDs. Overall the YPC was pretty low, but they give up a lot of attempts when they're getting blown out. Today wasn't expected to be a blow out, so Gordon was bottled up for 20 carries to 60-70 yards or something like that, and a TD, a fine RB2 day. The last run was a gut punch to me as I sold him today.

He looked decent today. He did not have any running lanes, was getting met as he is taking the carry. 

Jets D was stacking the box with the new QB. With Drew Lock, Gordon would have done much better.

I understand Lindsay is coming back, but Drew Lock getting back is a bigger deal. 

He has been playing tougher defenses so far, the schedule could open up.

I also thought about selling him, but who can you realistically get for him.

MG is undervalued now.

• Like 1

I think getting Lindsay back could help keep Gordon in the field longer as he’s another weapon to sustain drives. Gordon’s value is only going to go up as the season progresses and they regain players from injury

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, urbank07 said:

I think getting Lindsay back could help keep Gordon in the field longer as he’s another weapon to sustain drives. Gordon’s value is only going to go up as the season progresses and they regain players from injury

I think aside from potentially helping gordon stay healthy, theres no way to spin lindsay returning as a positive for gordon. It may not hurt him much but it certainly wont help him

13 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

I think aside from potentially helping gordon stay healthy, theres no way to spin lindsay returning as a positive for gordon. It may not hurt him much but it certainly wont help him

IF turf toe doesn’t haunt Lindsay all season long.....

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

The NYJ were bringing blitzes and pressure the entire game, stacking the box and looking to disrupt Rypien. For the most part, they held Gordon in check (outside his fluke 2nd TD which inflated his yards and YPC considerably). While he didn't look great, he didn't look terrible either. Considering the injuries all over the league, I don't see how you can sell him unless you've got 4 other better RBs lining your pockets - you probably aren't going to get much value for him anyways. I had to run him last night because of injuries, and was happy enough with his ~15 PPR points before the last TD.