NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2020 Outlook

Sell if you can get an elite RB, maybe package MG with a WR or something. I think Lindsey coming back will really hurt him. Like previous poster said 1st half of game 1 was ugly, true 50/50 split including GL. I think Gordy is low end RB2 at best once Lindsey gets up to full speed. Doesn’t help Gordon has stone hands either 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok...I think I've got it now.  If I did everything right, you should see a pic of a dinosaur serving a whiskey to a dwarf.  

Good points.  I've done some work on this after reading your post.   And by my calculations, assuming they have the same calf size, Gordon is standing about 30 feet behind Mixon and is actually about

Honestly those are some sickass shorts 

2 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Don't think Lindsay hurts him if you own em both like me 😂

Roll one out in FLEX and the other as RB2. Once Sutton and others are healthy, their offence will come together. 

Not sure if serious?

• Haha 2
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, not like we talkin' Chubb/Khunt here 🤷‍♂️

Yeah. And he mentioned Sutton coming back, so I thought maybe he was being sarcastic. I can only hope

57 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Sell if you can get an elite RB, maybe package MG with a WR or something. I think Lindsey coming back will really hurt him. Like previous poster said 1st half of game 1 was ugly, true 50/50 split including GL. I think Gordy is low end RB2 at best once Lindsey gets up to full speed. Doesn’t help Gordon has stone hands either 

Nobody will give Elite RB for MG.

He needs to be packaged with another strong RB2 or a low end WR1. Even WR2 would not work.

I would rather keep him at this point, until media catches up.

Drew Lock will come back next week.

Edited by zen25
11 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Nobody will give Elite RB for MG.

He needs to be packaged with another strong RB2 or a low end WR1. Even WR2 would not work.

I would rather keep him at this point, until media catches up.

Drew Lock will come back next week.

Trades like that aren’t easy, and yeah you’ll have to do a package to a team needing help. Most MG owners will have to just hold but it’s going to get ugly when Lindsey returns. I expect a lot of complaining in this thread 

7 hours ago, zen25 said:

He looked decent today. He did not have any running lanes, was getting met as he is taking the carry. 

Jets D was stacking the box with the new QB. With Drew Lock, Gordon would have done much better.

I understand Lindsay is coming back, but Drew Lock getting back is a bigger deal. 

He has been playing tougher defenses so far, the schedule could open up.

I also thought about selling him, but who can you realistically get for him.

MG is undervalued now.

I just bought him on Tuesday for Juju. I'm desperate and it paid off for at least one week! My thinking is that turf toe might hamper Lindsay all year and Lock will be back eventually. Mostly I'm just desperate ;)

Turf toe can be very serious; and based on the amount of time he's missed so far, Lindsay's does not seem to be among the "minor" variety. How serious I don't think has been said - but this type of thing can linger/re-aggravate - there's quite possibly an equal chance of Lindsay being fully recovered and back to normal as there is of him being hobbled from this for the ROS. As a Gordon owner, I have to hold. I just don't see a viable package deal out there. Maybe if you have an injury depleted owner you can attempt some kind of package deal - but I just don't see savvy owners taking this bait.
Gordon is no world beater - but he's about as good of a BYE/flex/injury stand in as you can hope for considering the season we're witnessing. And last night was no different. He gave me ~15 PPR points before his breakaway TD run. ~25 after. Even without that second TD run I'd have been more than happy with his box score as an injury fill-in.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, codyodea said:

I just bought him on Tuesday for Juju. I'm desperate and it paid off for at least one week! My thinking is that turf toe might hamper Lindsay all year and Lock will be back eventually. Mostly I'm just desperate ;)

you made out better than you think ... once Benny Slobbo goes down, and he will, JuJu will be neutered to barely startable, borderline wr3/4. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you made out better than you think ... once Benny Slobbo goes down, and he will, JuJu will be neutered to barely startable, borderline wr3/4. 

What did the Steelers do to you 🤣

• Thanks 1

I'm also not sure what the share will look like when Lindsay is back, but I think we can all agree that a Lock return will help him. So far Gordon had one s---y game and three good ones (with one game against the PIT defense). I mean we all afraid of a 50/50 split but so far this guy gets not enough love. As @JAG_challam wrote. Even without this touchdown he would have reached the Yahoo prediction for his score (in .5 PPR) and I am totally happy with that. Why? Because I traded Mixon in a 2vs2 for him and I (or you) could be a Mixon owner or a Drake owner or you went 0 RB light and your RB1 is Bell, Ingram or David Johnson. 

He is not very inspiring but he gets the job done and -most of all- he is a healthy RB (atm).

Edited by dorwell
Just now, JAG_challam said:

I'm seeing Mixon a lot as a potential trade target here - is this realistic? I don't think I'd bite if I were a Mixon owner, but as a Gordon owner now I'm intrigued...

TBH most of the Mixon thread called me crazy but I just wanted to get out of this CIN situation. Sure it was kind of a panic sell low but to have a solid RB helps me more. There are some reasons to believe that Mixon will get up on track but there are as many reasons against it. I would try a 1vs1 if you want him.

2 hours ago, dorwell said:

TBH most of the Mixon thread called me crazy but I just wanted to get out of this CIN situation. Sure it was kind of a panic sell low but to have a solid RB helps me more. There are some reasons to believe that Mixon will get up on track but there are as many reasons against it. I would try a 1vs1 if you want him.

Might actually try this out.  The team I have Gordon on, I also have Fant.  IMO, I want to limit my Broncos exposure to a minimum.  Just not buying this offense. 

On 10/6/2020 at 8:24 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Tried so hard to sell, no bites. Just gonna have to stick it out with flash. RBBC on a bad offense is never pretty though. Lock needs to come back ASAP

I hate even posting these kind of things, and obviously it’s contextual league by league and needs by needs (I was heavy in receivers, my partner severely lacking), but just to give you all an idea of what’s possible, I sold Gordon and Allen Robinson this morning for CEH. Didn’t want to part with ARob but again my needs and luxuries allowed for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1