NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Tannehill 2020 Outlook

41 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Stafford is expected to play now, which I think helps Tanny if Detroit can put some points up and keep it somewhat competitive.

Agreed

Tannehill owners, like myself, need a more competitive game and not a King Henry monopoly

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lewan was a huge loss. Titans havent scored 30 since he got hurt. Only reason to hold is weeks 13-16 is CLE, JAX, DET, GB You cant play him against teams like Chicago, Indy or Baltimore.

RYAN TANNEHILL HAS HAD STATS COMPARABLE TO PATRICK MAHOMES LAST 24 GAMES   https://www.outkick.com/ryan-tannehill-has-had-stats-comparable-to-patrick-mahomes-last-24-games/

I still have trouble accepting that AxeElf and @DerrickHenrysCleats were both right. My world view is shattered, my head hurts. I'm not entirely sure but I think this must be one of the harb

Posted Images

Major props to the Lions for keeping this game competitive throughout and forcing the Titans to keep the pressure on.

Tannehill’s been money all season. I think he’s had one bad game the entire year against the Colts. Incredible value from a guy who you either drafted late or scooped off the waivers.

28 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Yep! He gave me a glimmer of hope today after Davante and Samuel screwed me last night. RT was in the MVP talks early in the year but just couldn’t keep pace. He’s been a outright bargain this year, unfortunately we will have to pay up in 2021.

I still feel like he will be relatively cheap next year. No matter what he does it seems like people don't give him the credit he deserves. You'll have to draft him higher for sure next year, but I bet you can still get him towards the later rounds after everyone else gets their QB. The QB 10-12 range is the best spot to draft in my opinion because if you are in a 10 team league for example, you can wait for everyone else to draft Mahomes, Murray, Watson, Allen, Rodgers, Wilson, Hurts, Herbert, Lamar...etc. and a solid guy like Tannehill will slip right into your hands if you're patient. I hope to have him again next year, especially if their defense doesn't improve and he is forced to throw more like he was today.

50 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

RYAN TANNEHILL HAS HAD STATS COMPARABLE TO PATRICK MAHOMES LAST 24 GAMES

For 2021 Tannehill may be the "late" QB to target, depending on how everyone's ADP turns out.  Off the top of my head, I'm sure Mahomes, Allen, Murray. and Rodgers will be ranked ahead of him.  Possibly Prescott, Wilson, Herbert, Lamar, Watson, and Hurts too.

38 minutes ago, ZappB said:

For 2021 Tannehill may be the "late" QB to target, depending on how everyone's ADP turns out.  Off the top of my head, I'm sure Mahomes, Allen, Murray. and Rodgers will be ranked ahead of him.  Possibly Prescott, Wilson, Herbert, Lamar, Watson, and Hurts too.

Let's be honest. All those guys will probably be ranked ahead of him with maybe the exception of Prescott due to injury. Probably Lawrence as well. He will likely be the late-QB darling though that all the pundits pat themselves on the back about for being clever.

Edited by LongBalls
Just now, cashvillesent said:

He got robbed off Pro bowl.

How does he have such an amazing year and compareable to Mahomes but still doesnt get in?

Total bullshit.

popularity contest.

Andrew Whitworth was snubbed for years

the best safety in the AFC Jesse Bates didnt get in

James Robinson of jacksonville also wasnt voted in

2 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

How is GB a tough match up? This game is going to be a shoot out.

GB is #9 in pass defense by yardage and #9 in fantasy points allowed to QBs.

Good point about the shootout.  That will help.

This game easily profiles as a higher-than-average throwing game for Tannehill due to the fact the Titans DST is going to get shredded. Let's just say if he's throwing closer to 40 times it's really unlikely he has anything near a floor game. And GB DST is pretty good on the secondary, but the Titans should be able to score.

Disclaimer: I have just witnessed the Jets beat the Rams and the Bengals beat the Steelers; so who knows WTF will actually happen.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

This game easily profiles as a higher-than-average throwing game for Tannehill due to the fact the Titans DST is going to get shredded. Let's just say if he's throwing closer to 40 times it's really unlikely he has anything near a floor game. And GB DST is pretty good on the secondary, but the Titans should be able to score.

Disclaimer: I have just witnessed the Jets beat the Rams and the Bengals beat the Steelers; so who knows WTF will actually happen.

They will be loading up to stop Henry, this weakening that pass defense. 

50 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Like they loaded up to stop Dalvin Cook?

GB will put up like 27 points in the first quarter on the Titans DST, so it likely won't matter. Rodgers will basically score at will against this defense.

Edited by LongBalls

The more I look at the Packers and who they have played, the more overrated they appear.   Rodgers is fattening up on weak teams and weak defenses.

I am interested to see Rodgers this week.  The Titans are not a great defense, but the offense should be able to keep pressure on Rodgers to put up points.

Heck, I don't even think the Packers are the best team in the NFC.  They may win because of Lambeau field, but the Saints are better, the Bucs are probably better.   The Seahawks are right there with them as well.  Hell, the Rams, if Goff is on, which he could be against the Packers defense, could give them a fight.

The Titans have had a much more difficult road.  I don't know if the Titans can win on the road in Lambeau.  I hope so.  I hope that Henry run's it down their throat and Rodgers makes some mistakes.  

The weather is not ideal, but not terrible.  It will be 27-29 degrees, 7-10 mph wind, chance of snow.

Tannehill has lived in Texas, Miami, and Tennessee his whole life, so maybe he's not accustomed to the cold?

I'm going to re-check the weather forecast on Sunday.

The National Weather Service is predicting temperatures to dip into the teens in Green Bay, with four inches of snow possible throughout the day and night.

The latest forecast suggests snow will taper off around 10 p.m. ET, but it’s the wind that should be catching the attention of bettors.

Sports Insights’ weather data is forecasting 15-17 mph breezes blowing directly across Lambeau Field throughout the entire game, which shouldn’t make the passing or kicking games all that fun.

The Titans vs. Packers over/under opened at 56 and has dropped to 54, yet still offers the highest total of Week 16.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/titans-vs-packers-weather-forecast-snow-wind-lambeau-field-sunday-night-football