NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 22

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 22 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 22 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• 9 months later...

Watch out for Keldon Johnson. He was out with an injury during camp. He should be active tonight. He had a tremendous bubble. Imo he should start and may get the chance since Derrick White is out. If he puts numbers up I can see Pop starting him at the 4 for the long haul.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
6 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

Watch out for Keldon Johnson. He was out with an injury during camp. He should be active tonight. He had a tremendous bubble. Imo he should start and may get the chance since Derrick White is out. If he puts numbers up I can see Pop starting him at the 4 for the long haul.

Nice call 

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

What happens when White is back?  

10 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

What happens when White is back?  

I think White starts at the 2 and KJ starts at the 4. LMA at the 5 with Derozan at the 3 and Murray at the 1. Both White and and KJ looked great in the bubble.  And although I l think both White and KJ have tremendous upside, just know LMA was not in the bubble.  So usage could vary. 

1 hour ago, pbjfb said:

Do you like him more than Patrick williams?

No

I like Jackson but check out his %'s over the years. He is realllly rough in both FG% and FT%. That might be the environment and maybe he puts it together, but that dampened the mood for me. But I can see him being a 1/1/1 guy with minutes.

Pwill should have solid %'s across the board and gives you stocks, but will have lower points and 3's then Jackson.

3 hours ago, stay_woke said:

In points leagues sure, in cat leagues I'd say no unless you're punting fg%

Josh Jackson is going to mostly shoot 3's and finish at the rim.  He gets out on the break quite a bit which gives him easy buckets.  His 3pt shot looks much improved this season and I have a feeling he'll shoot it at a higher clip with more volume. (as he did in the G-League)

Sure, he shot poorly in Phoenix but that was certainly not an ideal situation for him.  Even with dreadful numbers from 3pt he still shot near .420.

I think he has a shot to shoot near .445-.450 and near .700 from the stripe.  He doesn't shoot a ton of FTs so that somewhat mitigates the effect.

Casey seems to be in love with him.  He's already getting minutes and will only get more when Blake and Rose miss time.

If he keeps his head on straight he's got a ton of talent and a great situation.

• Like 4

Mason Plumlee is an incredibly boring, yet rosterable big if you need a little bit of points, reb, and assists. He doesn’t shoot or get to the line enough to kill your percentages really... he may fit in with a certain mold of team more than others though.

• Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu unpinned and locked this topic