NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, The G Man said:

He finally delivered.

Sell high if you can boys. 

Unless he’s going to be your Davis replacement in the near future. Then hold!!!

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, amazing how every veteran who lingers out there takes less money for a better opportunity, per their agent.  That's so weird

I mean, I think he'll amount to nothing more than maybe an RB3. But it's been like 5 days of him on the team and they were heavy underdogs. He's a hold if you picked him up (for now). 

Ya fella, I remember how long it took Drake to learn Arizona's playbook... took him weeks before he was any good  

Posted Images

13 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Wow, great prediction.  Pretty much nailed it.

Do we actually consider starting him next week?  Against Washington, this may be one of the very few game scripts that benefit the Giants all year.  With that said, their defensive front 7 is actually pretty good.  Tough call.

Depending on your team needs. I’ve got him in 12 team and lost Saquon. I think he will be a good low end rb 2 good flex play ROS 

14 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Wow, great prediction.  Pretty much nailed it.

Do we actually consider starting him next week?  Against Washington, this may be one of the very few game scripts that benefit the Giants all year.  With that said, their defensive front 7 is actually pretty good.  Tough call.

For what it's worth, the game scripts have not actually been all that bad. I know it's hard to believe, but outside of the 9ers game they haven't really been blown out - they've been doing a good job of staying within striking range and giving me hope even though I should know better by now

3 minutes ago, Esteel said:

I'm on the fence of starting him over Drake now. His numbers will be similar but he gets passed to. I think he's a keeper. Like a poor man's Mike Davis in his role in NY

yeah im starting him over drake too lol drake gotta have a few good games before i ever bring him on the lineup again...dude cost me a few games starting him over jrob...you cant say no to a guy who gets most of the work in both the running and passing game

Edited by Power-O
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This was my concern with him. He plays on a very bad team that he has no future with beyond this year. He was getting a lot of touches with poor efficiency coming into this game. He historically isn't very good in pass protection either. Used to get Matt Ryan blown up, I don't think they want Danny Dimes blown up...Eventually they were gonna turn elsewhere if he didn't start doing more with the touches he was getting.

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Like 1

Honestly, I would rage drop him if I could. But, he's locked into my lineup until next week. 

How do you get 7 yards on your first carry of the game, and end up with 8 rushing yards? Never seen anything like it!

Edited by The G Man
30 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Honestly, I would rage drop him if I could. But, he's locked into my lineup until next week. 

How do you get 7 yards on your first carry of the game, and end up with 8 rushing yards? Never seen anything like it!

by getting hurt and not coming back into the game? 

• Like 7
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

moot point, Gallman did enough to wrest this gig away going forward 🤷‍♂️

Well yeah, that's why I picked him up and am curious as to if this is a longer term injury. Gallman really should have just taken over the backfield like he did admirably last year when Saquon went down. Adding Freeman seemed pointless but I get why they did it.