NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, amazing how every veteran who lingers out there takes less money for a better opportunity, per their agent.  That's so weird

I mean, I think he'll amount to nothing more than maybe an RB3. But it's been like 5 days of him on the team and they were heavy underdogs. He's a hold if you picked him up (for now). 

Ya fella, I remember how long it took Drake to learn Arizona's playbook... took him weeks before he was any good  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

How much FAAB are people dropping on this guy? Don’t want to spend too much before the season even starts and to be fair he may not even get signed

Zero. He’s a waste of a roster space. If he got signed, maybe 5%.

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Reading between the lines here, did my man Devonta just not want to participate in any pre-season/training camp?

Call me crazy, but I actually kinda like him in Jax. RB3/Flex worthy with easy RB2 upside IMO. 

And he’s still only 9% owned on ESPN

4 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Has he signed with JAX?

Not yet, I don't think. But, it just makes sense, and seems like a good fit. If they can come to terms on $, I think it's a done deal. 

• ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Devonta Freeman is visiting the Jaguars on Saturday.

Jacksonville is the first team to bring Freeman in since he hired Drew Rosenhaus to represent him. It's the perfect fit as the Jaguars have nothing to lose in a year the team is clearly tanking ahead of the 2021 draft. Freeman's addition would obviously be a detriment to all, siphoning carries from Devine Ozigbo and targets from Chris Thompson. We urge caution if targeting anyone in this backfield during drafts this weekend.

Sep 5, 2020, 6:04 PM ET

•  
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I don't see how this works out. they just cut LF who was slated to make 4MM. Unless Devonta accepts the veterans minimum I don't see why they would sign him. Just my thoughts 

Stop gap. He fits more into Gruden's offensive scheme than Leonard did. Plus the obvious problems we had with Leonard off the field.

2 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Stop gap. He fits more into Gruden's offensive scheme than Leonard did. Plus the obvious problems we had with Leonard off the field.

I get that, I just don't see him signing for the veterans minimum unless he is desperate which he may be at this point but if I were the Jags I would wait until after week 1 so I didn't have to guarantee any cash.

15 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

plus if a contender loses their rb they might trade for him and the jags could get a pick out of this 

He’s 100% worth a stash in most formats.

in a 12 team league every roster has someone worth dropping. If he signs with JAX he immediately skyrockets. While I think he is pretty washed he will still be their best option and he can catch the ball and also get carries at the GL. Probably return decent flex value with middle of the pack RB2 ceiling if he can stay healthy.

Drop some lottery ticket and add Freeman. You can probably just pickup whoever you dropped in a few days if Freeman doesn’t sign with JAX.