NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding steady. Houston is still trying to find their identity without Hopkins. Someone has to fulfill that role. Schedule moving forward can't be worse than what they've faced. 

Edited by THall0890
2 minutes ago, banana said:

He's 100% a drop. How could you possibly ever start him with confidence? I'd rather him blow up on someone else's bench. 

Patience is a virtue my friend. Baring injury he is the WR1 in that offense. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Hard thing is, we probably shouldn't drop him now, but when are we going to play him? We knew this day would come, but damn it sucks that it essentially came before he even got a fraction of a point on the board in wk2.

Week 4 against Minnesota. 

He went 8/112 against the Chiefs in a game Watson played poorly in.

He got blanked against the Ravens, who probably have the best secondary in the league.

I'm gonna see how next week goes.  Won't play him unless I have to (and I might) but I'd like to see him get through the whole game.

After that, schedule opens up.

If he keeps up with the on-and-off-and-on bs next week and against Minnesota, then it's time to consider moving on.

But week 4 is a blow up spot.  Not cutting bait until I see a good reason to.  And getting blanked by Baltimore and Marlon Humphrey isn't it for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, SadFaceHappy said:

Week 4 against Minnesota. 

He went 8/112 against the Chiefs in a game Watson played poorly in.

He got blanked against the Ravens, who probably have the best secondary in the league.

I'm gonna see how next week goes.  Won't play him unless I have to (and I might) but I'd like to see him get through the whole game.

After that, schedule opens up.

If he keeps up with the on-and-off-and-on bs next week and against Minnesota, then it's time to consider moving on.

But week 4 is a blow up spot.  Not cutting bait until I see a good reason to.  And getting blanked by Baltimore and Marlon Humphrey isn't it for me.

I agree, I'm benching him next week... but will pencil him in for Week 4.

Makes no sense to cut bait now, especially if he really was battling a hamstring.

5 minutes ago, D4kAtt4ck said:

Since when do WR 1 get zero targets?

Since BoB isn't getting torched every week by John Harbaugh and gets the luxury of facing the Mustache and whatever corpse the Colts trot out there. 

Pick a new profession Fuller cause Football ain’t for u.....dude is made of Jelly. I made a huge mistake benching DJ Moore for this poo butt, that’s 20pts I gave away. Thanks to the others on my squad I was still able to get the Win. Fuller ur on timeout for awhile, until further notice.

Edited by Tomei7
8 minutes ago, THall0890 said:

Since BoB isn't getting torched every week by John Harbaugh and gets the luxury of facing the Mustache and whatever corpse the Colts trot out there. 

7 guys on the Texans got receptions today, Fuller didn't even get targeted. 

He's a BUM.

• Like 1

This is one of the worst overreaction threads I've ever seen.  Need I remind you that before he got hurt last season he was on pace for 88/1184/8, which would have made him WR9 for the year... and now Hopkins the target magnet is gone?  And you want to drop him?!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, HooDat said:

Can someone who watched the game tell us about him.

Did he play normal snaps after he returned from his hammy thing? Did he look visibly hobbled or was Watson just not looking his way?

I watched the whole game and never saw him or heard his name called. 

Fuller said he's dealt with bad posture for a long time.

"Just standing up -- not even moving, but just standing -- my lower back would always tighten up or bother me," Fuller said. "I walk with my back extended, so just trying to get that to a normal posture could fix a lot of lower extremity injuries that I've been dealing with."

"Being injured sucks, but I'm confident," Fuller said. "Every time I go back on the field, I don't think about what happened last week, or if I was injured last week. I always feel like I'm going to have a big game, or whatever. I don't really dwell on injuries. I know they happen, but I always stay confident and try to just do my best to help the team win."

No wonder his posture so bad, he's a walking "L". smh. In the wise words of Russell Westbrook "Fuller trick y’all, man He just running around, doing nothing."

3 minutes ago, HooDat said:

Can someone who watched the game tell us about him.

Did he play normal snaps after he returned from his hammy thing? Did he look visibly hobbled or was Watson just not looking his way?

Fuller played 63% of Snaps this week (Week 2), down from 80% of snaps in Week 1.  

Late in the second quarter, he was absent for 1-2 drives, while he had his hamstring stretched out on the sideline.  However, he was never officially placed on the injury report and returned in the second half.  

Honestly, it was really difficult to tell whether or not Fuller was hobbled.  The announcers were clueless and missed the hamstring issue, and since Fuller was never targeted, you couldn't get a good sense of how he was running routes.  He appeared to be running deeper routes so he was usually off the screen.  

After the game Bill O'Brien was asked about Will Fuller's status he was quite cryptic.  A lot of "I don't know" and "we'll know more tomorrow":

Coach Bill O’Brien told reporters after the game that they would need more information on Fuller’s status.

“I don’t know,” O’Brien said. “We’ll have to find out, but, I don’t know, but I think it’s — we’ll have to figure that out. I don’t know that. I’ll probably know that tomorrow, you know better, know better what to tell you tomorrow.”

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/20/texans-will-fuller-limited-ravens/

Reading between the lines, I'd wager something is going on on the injury front.  

I think there are a number of contributing factors to this dud:

(1) Ravens have an elite secondary, and Watson was under a fair amount of pressure, so the deep routes were never really developing.  Coverage looked very good, with multiple receivers blanketed.  

(2) Fuller obviously missed some snaps due to an apparent hamstring issue in the 2nd quarter.  

(3) It's possible he was intentionally used as a decoy for the remainder of the game, but who knows.  He certainly still missed his fair share of snaps once he came back, especially once the Texans were down by a lot.  

(4) Really bad 2nd half game script.  Ravens dominated time of possession in the second half, particularly the 4th.  This wasn't a garbage time game.  

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

Have to bench him until he puts up at least 1 good healthy week, preferably 2 good weeks.  For sure can't trade him right now.  Just bench and hope he comes around before long.

Next matchup is @PIT anyway so easy bench. Hope they rest him. When Fuller gets injured it's usually a multi week situation. 

How does this guy not meet with the best therapists in the world in the offseason to figure out how to manage this never ending hamstring situation? 

10 hours ago, brosephd said:

Fuller said he's dealt with bad posture for a long time.

"Just standing up -- not even moving, but just standing -- my lower back would always tighten up or bother me," Fuller said. "I walk with my back extended, so just trying to get that to a normal posture could fix a lot of lower extremity injuries that I've been dealing with."

"Being injured sucks, but I'm confident," Fuller said. "Every time I go back on the field, I don't think about what happened last week, or if I was injured last week. I always feel like I'm going to have a big game, or whatever. I don't really dwell on injuries. I know they happen, but I always stay confident and try to just do my best to help the team win."

No wonder his posture so bad, he's a walking "L". smh. In the wise words of Russell Westbrook "Fuller trick y’all, man He just running around, doing nothing."

Wtf is Fuller talking about, seriously .. lol .

"Im dealing with bad posture", he's lost his mind. 😂

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Everytime I look at my loss this week, and his ECR rankings this week, and just feeling good about him, to just seeing a flat out 0 and him being a huge reason why I lost this week, makes me honestly just want to rage drop him. How do people get over this disappointment? 

flower.  puff, puff pass.....