NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

I mean he can't put up 0 again right? The way things are going, I expect him to blow up on my bench. 

i can see them going deep on the first play, fuller comes up gimpy and doesnt play another snap.  joys of fake football....

• Like 3
3 hours ago, beerfish said:

If you think last week was his floor you're wrong.

He may have 1 catch for 2 yards, fumble the ball and come up gimpy, leaving you with negative points.

Someone remind me which RB that was yeeeears ago that had two fumbles on like 4 carries in a SNF or MNF game, then got hurt and was out the remainder of the game and had -3 points. People lost matchups that they would have won just leaving the spot empty.

Edited by griffin727
  • Haha 1

I benched for Gaskin. If he goes off, great. Maybe I can trade him for scraps. I’m sick of owning him already lol

unfortunately, we can probably only play him against teams with poor pass rushes. Watson crumbles under pressure and there isn’t enough time for Fuller’s type of routes to develop. 

6 hours ago, griffin727 said:

Someone remind me which RB that was yeeeears ago that had two fumbles on like 4 carries in a SNF or MNF game, then got hurt and was out the remainder of the game and had -3 points. People lost matchups that they would have won just leaving the spot empty.

I’m thinking it was an nfc east player.  Eagles or Giants... David Wilson?

Edit:  Nevermind, i think i may have found the RB performance in question:

Flash forward to Week 9 of the 2017 season, Stewart got 11 touches. He used them to produce minus-1.9 fantasy points. It's the worst game in fantasy history by any running back with double-digit touches in a game or any WR/TE with eight-plus targets. (Note: Targets began being recorded only in the early 1990s.)

Stewart's stat line that day: 21 yards rushing and two lost fumbles on 11 carries, along with zero targets in the passing game. Somehow, Carolina actually beat the Falcons on the road despite Stewart's play, thanks to rookie Christian McCaffrey stepping up with what was then a career-high 66 rushing yards and Cam Newton adding 86 of his own on the ground. 

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/29034241/the-all-time-worst-fantasy-football-performances

I absolutely love the fact that it was against the falcons, who characteristically blew it.

Edited by Trifecta

All in all this was a positive game from him.

Now watch everyone start him next week, only for it to blow up in our face. 

The Will Fuller experience. 

He hasn't even blown up yet, those games should be coming soon.

He did just enough to tempt us into playing him next week...who's rolling him out there against Minnesota in week 4 with confidence? It gets tough when you have to start making the decision between a more boring, steadier option, or plugging in Fuller and hoping for the big (and healthy) game.  [...] It's hard to bench this guy when he has a good matchup and is healthy...so where are people ranking him going into week 4? In other words, what tier of players are you benching him for? Trying to figure out where the line is between wishful thinking and making the smarter play.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

He did just enough to tempt us into playing him next week...who's rolling him out there against Minnesota in week 4 with confidence? It gets tough when you have to start making the decision between a more boring, steadier option, or plugging in Fuller and hoping for the big (and healthy) game.  For me, that's deciding on him vs. Woods. It's hard to bench this guy when he has a good matchup and is healthy...so where are people ranking him going into week 4? In other words, what tier of players are you benching him for? Trying to figure out where the line is between wishful thinking and making the smarter play.

I have played him over Woods every week... but both of them have some easier games coming up.

Not sure what to do here

23 hours ago, RunCMC said:

All in all this was a positive game from him.

Now watch everyone start him next week, only for it to blow up in our face. 

The Will Fuller experience. 

He hasn't even blown up yet, those games should be coming soon.

Are they, though? Those blow-up games were usually him catching the deep balls. I feel like he's taken the Hopkins role of being the middle, safe guy. I think the days of expecting a bunch of bombs are over. He has potential for a 130yd, 2 TD game but those crazy high yardage and 3 TD games are over I think. 

But then again you could classify 130/2 as blow-up. 

5 minutes ago, EWV1 said:

I tend to play him no matter what he did the week before -- as long as I trust that he is actually healthy.  That's the tricky part and why I benched him in most leagues last week.

This is the exact way to approach it with Fuller. He’s pretty much an auto-start in my flex if he’s healthy. I think the Texans offense is ready to explode. 

1 minute ago, FinsUp24 said:

This is the exact way to approach it with Fuller. He’s pretty much an auto-start in my flex if he’s healthy. I think the Texans offense is ready to explode. 

How do I know when he's healthy? This is the ongoing (daily) question.

• Like 1

I am rolling him out for sure rest of way. I still think that "injury" he had was a cramp. I did not play him this past Sunday because I had what I thought better options, but Will is locked and loaded in my lineup. I was super high on him this year and as Watson said, as long as he is healthy he will ball out. Ravens were a tough matchup and he was in and out the game that week. Let's not over think this. Contract year, awesome stats career wise when getting 6-8 targets in a game, best rapport with Watson, Houston defense sucks, and Watson is a great qb. Monster games are on the horizon with the schedule easing up. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

He did just enough to tempt us into playing him next week...who's rolling him out there against Minnesota in week 4 with confidence?

Honestly this is probably the best week to play him, whatever a Kalif Raymond is had 3 for 118 against Minn.  This guy had a 4.34 40, which is right in line with Fuller and Cooks.  They're going to be good DFS plays this week.

• Like 3