NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Uhhh, what? Are we talking about the same Adams who has 5 TDs in the past two weeks and 7 in 5 total games?

Adams only has 7 RZ targets - tied for 11th with Lazard, D Robinson, D Sample.... A Jones and MVS have 11.

Fuller has 11 RZ targets number one on HOU. That would go down on GB.

50 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Dont even want to celebrate this because thats when he’ll hit u with the season ending hammy pull lol

Trade him now. I don't fault people who want to sell this guy if they can get something to help their playoff run or maybe some picks in dynasty/keeper.  I'm getting solid offers for him and it could go either way. Yes it is a bit risk with his past health concerns but when he's out there he has been fantastic.

Maybe package him up in a deal for a big named stud if you are concerned. I'm riding this one until the end....

34 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Adams only has 7 RZ targets - tied for 11th with Lazard, D Robinson, D Sample.... A Jones and MVS have 11.

Fuller has 11 RZ targets number one on HOU. That would go down on GB.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/fantasy-usage-model/targets-arent-created-equal-sea-wrs-dominate

No. Go to that list and look at the RZ column among the WRs. Davante Adams is #1 when you consider time out.

Yes.  Staying in Houston was the best move for fantasy owners.  Contract year.  He wants to get paid.

Will Fuller wisely says he's "not going to worry'' about his contractual future, noting, “The contract is going to come depending on how you play. My focus has been to just be the best version of myself, and I feel like I did that this offseason.”

A healthy Fuller will likely result in a wealthy Fuller, as the Houston Texans receiver is due $10.2 million in this, his fifth NFL season, will be a free agent in March, and has when available posted consistently explosive numbers: In his 42 games, he averages 14.3 yards per catch while scoring 16 touchdowns in 42 games

But in his four seasons, plagued by Fuller a broken collarbone, a torn ACL, hamstring problems and a recent groin issue requiring surgery, he's missed 22 regular-season games. 

“If I can play 16 games, which I believe I will this year, the sky is the limit, Fuller said.

Fuller has a fan in quarterback Deshaun Watson, who predicts the 6-0, 172-pound pass-catcher  is “going to ball out” this season. "He's going to be one of the best receivers in the league,'' the QB said.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/will-fuller-ball-out-now-houston-texans-contract-later

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Trade him now. I don't fault people who want to sell this guy if they can get something to help their playoff run or maybe some picks in dynasty/keeper.  I'm getting solid offers for him and it could go either way. Yes it is a bit risk with his past health concerns but when he's out there he has been fantastic.

Maybe package him up in a deal for a big named stud if you are concerned. I'm riding this one until the end....

Who would you get? Give me some names. 

14 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Who would you get? Give me some names. 

I had a big post swallowed up and eaten by the interwebs.. ugh. maybe it is for the better as I summarize it:

• I don't want to get into too much AC stuff here but maybe someone needing a top 10 WR for a playoff run will package up a deal (in a keeper league) for someone like Barkley or Sutton who won't play this year. Maybe a 2 for 1 deal Fuller + 1 for a big named stud? Trade a Fuller for an RB if you need one. 
  • Some people are definitely worried about Fullers health and if so trade him if you can. Sell high. Others might not want to touch him if they have been burned in the past.
  • Fuller was the 2nd WR taken in the 2016 draft (round 1) and he's finally showing his potential. Maybe in a keeper league you could buy now if you don't already own him if you want to take a gamble.
  • He's producing at a top 10 WR level and avg 8+ targets a game. He's getting RZ looks and Watson likes him. He has what looks to be a solid floor with some big home run games mixed in. He's everything you would want from a top 15 WR but he was drafted somewhere between WR30-35.

Lots of mixed feelings on this guy but either ride him while he's hot and healthy or capitalize on what he has done and shop him around. He's only 26 and could be a potential keeper for 3-4+ years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Texans' WR Randall Cobb

(illness) missed Wednesday's practice due to a regular illness, not COVID-19 related, per source. (Aaron Wilson on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact:

Keep monitoring Cobb's status throughout the week but if he continues to be sidelined due to illness, the target share volume will increase for both Will Fuller V and Brandin Cooks. The Texans head to Jacksonville in a plus-matchup against a Jaguars secondary allowing nearly 300 net passing yards per game and 15 passing TDs. Cobb is a decent FLEX play should he return to full health by Sunday.

26 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

the timing of josh mccown signing and the report of a player testing positive overnight has me worried a QB is the player testing positive.

Just a back up depth QB.. Nothing else to look into it. Pretty sure Sheffy would have broken the news it watson was hit with covid. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

the timing of josh mccown signing and the report of a player testing positive overnight has me worried a QB is the player testing positive.

I’m definitely concerned about this as well. Don’t really see the need to bring in McCown when you have McCarron and Webb already behind Watson. Would make sense if a QB tested positive and there are concerns that the other QBs will be deemed close contacts. 

10 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

Yall riding til the wheels fall off or you looking to swap him out? Bye came at a solid time in the season for what it's worth. 

I'm on both side of the fence. One league likely keeping him and riding him into the playoffs. He's a solid WR ROS. I say even top 10.  In another league though I have a TON of WR talent and shopping him in a package deal to try to get a stud. 

I think if you have a playoff chance then it makes sense to keep him and ride him. If you are out of the playoffs and in a keeper or dynasty it would make sense to possibly shop him for a stud or a 2 for 1 deal where someone needs a push. Maybe get some draft picks.

ROS and even the next 3-4 years (assuming he signs in HOU or a pass friendly team) I think this guy could be a gem.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

I’m definitely concerned about this as well. Don’t really see the need to bring in McCown when you have McCarron and Webb already behind Watson. Would make sense if a QB tested positive and there are concerns that the other QBs will be deemed close contacts. 

Maybe one of the backups have it. Hence bringing in McCown for emergency purposes.

No idea, just playing devil's advocate here.