NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

How are we feeling about Fuller in these high winds?

Gotta think his projections need to be ratcheted down at minimum. 

Could be a heavy TE day for Deshawn and short throws to Cobb and Duke.

I'm benching Fuller in my 16 team, half PPR league this week.  I just don't see him doing much with those winds even though the matchup is great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, herschel said:

I’m starting him. No David Johnson. They’re gonna have to throw to someone right??

Under normal circumstances, Fuller should be locked into lineups since he's scored a td in 6 straight games but there is doubt this week because of the very high winds.

He's been a top 15 WR all season in PPR. If you knock him down 10-15 spots this week for the weather conditions he's still top 25-30 and so you need a pretty darn good reserve to bench Fuller for.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1
Just now, sjm76 said:

Under normal circumstances, Fuller should be locked into lineups since he's scored a td in 6 straight games but there is doubt this week because of the very high winds.

Yeah, I understand the doubt. Guess it just depends on options.

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

He's been a top 15 WR all season in PPR. If you knock him down 10-15 spots this week for the weather conditions he's still top 25-30 and so you need a pretty darn good reserve to bench Fuller for.

Going AB over Fuller.

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

That's a good move. Most people don't have AB sitting on the pine.

Think you also need to determine if you need "floor" or "ceiling" when making these decisions.

I need ceiling based on projections. I just don't see it in Fuller this week. 

There is a difference in how they're using Fuller this year and may explain why he's lasting so long without injury. They're using him more in short routes compared to how he was used to exclusively stretch the field in past. My point is that this is a different Will Fuller this year and he might still be a decent start. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Think you also need to determine if you need "floor" or "ceiling" when making these decisions.

I need ceiling based on projections. I just don't see it in Fuller this week. 

If the reports are true about the winds going EZ to EZ it shouldn't be devastating. Fuller just needs one good play to make everyone happy for the week, example last week. I'm not super hopeful but I can't bench him. I'd hate myself if I did and he did awesome

5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why are you guys panicking? The weather is showing winds of 21 mph and just cloudy. That’s not what I would call extreme. 

Don’t know what weather report ur reading but mine shows 30 mph winds throughout with 45mph wind gusts. It’s not a panic it’s a reality, if u have other options go for it. I’m sorta loaded at WR so it is easy for me to say btw.

Edited by Tomei7
2 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

If the reports are true about the winds going EZ to EZ it shouldn't be devastating. Fuller just needs one good play to make everyone happy for the week, example last week. I'm not super hopeful but I can't bench him. I'd hate myself if I did and he did awesome

And I wouldn’t bench him for nothing less than a stud.

Not like I have the option.

Technically Fuller is my stud lol . Oh what a year 2020 has been. 

1 minute ago, Tomei7 said:

Don’t know what weather report ur reading but mine shows 30 mph winds throughout with 45mph wind gusts. It’s not a panic it’s a reality, if u have other options go for it.

Go google the weather lol. It pops right up. 20-21mph.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Don’t know what weather report ur reading but mine shows 30 mph winds throughout with 45mph wind gusts. It’s not a panic it’s a reality, if u have other options go for it. I’m sorta loaded at WR so it is easy for me to say btw.

There are high wind warnings. That could potentialy hit 30-40mph but as of now now it’s just 21mph. Which isn’t anything scary.

Edited by StevenSC400
2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

There are high wind warnings. That could potentialy hit 30-40mph but as of now now it’s just 21mph. Which isn’t anything scary.

Ok well start Will Fuller then, go look at the results/stats of the Raiders vs Browns game a couple weeks ago, same situation. 

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

^^This to me would be scary potentially 30-40mph no thx.....what more of a warning do u want? 

5 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Ok well start Will Fuller then, go look at the results/stats of the Raiders vs Browns game a couple weeks ago, same situation. 

I mean Carr also only threw for 165 yards against the chargers too the following week. It’s the raiders. And all I’m pointing out is the weather. Which right now is 21mph winds. Based on those conditions and what your saying we could be benching our top WRs every single week.

Edited by StevenSC400
14 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

There is a difference in how they're using Fuller this year and may explain why he's lasting so long without injury. They're using him more in short routes compared to how he was used to exclusively stretch the field in past. My point is that this is a different Will Fuller this year and he might still be a decent start. 

He will likely need to score a TD to deliver decent stats but I think I'm deploying him in my league I'm banged up. I'd rather be wrong because of my decision rather than wrong because of letting someone else decide for me.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I mean Carr also only threw for 165 yards against the chargers too the following week. It’s the raiders. And all I’m pointing out is the weather. Which right now is 21mph winds. Based on those conditions and what your saying we could be benching our top WRs every single week.

Their are different weather reports, my report shows 29mph winds at kickoff, I have other decent options so that’s why I’m staying away for now. I’ve started guys before in this situation and it backfired.