NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I mean Carr also only threw for 165 yards against the chargers too the following week. It’s the raiders. And all I’m pointing out is the weather. Which right now is 21mph winds. Based on those conditions and what your saying we could be benching our top WRs every single week.

U also have to realize Browns will eat clock with their potent run game especially with the conditions. Just seems like a gamble to me. It all basically comes down to what else u have available.

Edited by Tomei7
31 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

There is a difference in how they're using Fuller this year and may explain why he's lasting so long without injury. They're using him more in short routes compared to how he was used to exclusively stretch the field in past. My point is that this is a different Will Fuller this year and he might still be a decent start. 

Who gets these short routes more?  Cooks or Fuller?

28 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

It’s your team. I’ll check the weather again before kickoff and if it’s still staying 21mph I’m starting him. Just because there’s a warning doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

They're saying it's coming. If it's not the case at game time it doesn't mean it won't be the case ten minutes after kickoff. If it hits 40 then things will be disappointing.

19 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Severe thunderstorm rolling through as well first hour of the game.

Severe Weather Statement
National Weather Service Cleveland OH
1246 PM EST Sun Nov 15 2020

OHC005-035-075-083-093-103-169-151830-
/O.CON.KCLE.SV.W.0155.000000T0000Z-201115T1830Z/
Cuyahoga OH-Medina OH-Ashland OH-Wayne OH-Lorain OH-Holmes OH-
Knox OH-
1246 PM EST Sun Nov 15 2020

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 130 PM EST
FOR SOUTHWESTERN CUYAHOGA...MEDINA...ASHLAND...WAYNE...CENTRAL
LORAIN...WESTERN HOLMES AND EASTERN KNOX COUNTIES...

At 1244 PM EST, severe thunderstorms were located along a line
extending from 10 miles north of Avon Lake to 8 miles northwest of
Danville, moving east at 50 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to trees and power lines.

Locations impacted include...
Cleveland, Lorain, Elyria, Medina, Wooster, Ashland, Millersburg,
Parma, Lakewood, Strongsville, Brunswick, Westlake, North Royalton,
North Ridgeville, Avon Lake, Wadsworth, Grafton, Rittman, Wellington
and Lodi.
Edited by nine9s
39 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

U also have to realize Browns will eat clock with their potent run game especially with the conditions. Just seems like a gamble to me. It all basically comes down to what else u have available.

Who are you starting instead? 

13 hours ago, brosephd said:

thoughts on next week vs. patriots?

Don't love next week.

S. Gilmore has been out the last three weeks, but has been close. Regardless, JC Jackson is another top corner who would lock on him (and I think he has an INT in like 5 or 6 consecutive games). Bill B. is not going to let him get deep...no way. He could continue to get some short throws.

In addition, I'd expect NE to run the living hell out of the ball against that HOU run D (which Chubb/Hunt just clobbered) and kill clock.

Keeping expectations in check I'm afraid. Could have solid floor, but don't see ceiling (again).

• Thanks 1
On 11/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

TNF is always a bit wonky...going to need to see it again next time they play. Certainly a decent defense but not claiming they are elite 

They add Turay to their pass rush this week, couldn't have come at a better time. Facing Rogers is no fun, but it should get easier for the colts DB's.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:53 AM, kyoun1e said:

Don't love next week.

S. Gilmore has been out the last three weeks, but has been close. Regardless, JC Jackson is another top corner who would lock on him (and I think he has an INT in like 5 or 6 consecutive games). Bill B. is not going to let him get deep...no way. He could continue to get some short throws.

In addition, I'd expect NE to run the living hell out of the ball against that HOU run D (which Chubb/Hunt just clobbered) and kill clock.

Keeping expectations in check I'm afraid. Could have solid floor, but don't see ceiling (again).

Fuller isn’t the only one that runs deep routes. People are forgetting cooks. The guy has been quietly getting more catches and I think even more targets than fuller. He’s had a heck of a run that stopped last week. I don’t think that the pats are going to deploy their whole defense to stop fuller.

5 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Fuller isn’t the only one that runs deep routes. People are forgetting cooks. The guy has been quietly getting more catches and I think even more targets than fuller. He’s had a heck of a run that stopped last week. I don’t think that the pats are going to deploy their whole defense to stop fuller.

Of course not, but Bill B. tends to take away your biggest threat.

Also know that Bill B. knows Cooks well. Played for NE for a short time...and then he traded him away.

If anything, I bet NE gives Cobb all he can handle underneath along with Duke.

As a Fuller owner, I'm really hoping Gilmore is out one more week. If not, that secondary is back at full strength. The D in general also seems to have awakened.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Of course not, but Bill B. tends to take away your biggest threat.

Also know that Bill B. knows Cooks well. Played for NE for a short time...and then he traded him away.

If anything, I bet NE gives Cobb all he can handle underneath along with Duke.

As a Fuller owner, I'm really hoping Gilmore is out one more week. If not, that secondary is back at full strength. The D in general also seems to have awakened.

NE has been bleeding big plays, no matter what's going on. Jets crapped all over them with Perriman...Fuller is a decent comp for that.

My bigger concern is Patriots limiting the Texans to 50 plays or less...they like to run the ball and ball control, while bleeding clock. Pats are a super bad matchup for the Texans as I can see Cam getting backbreaking 3rd and shorts or 3rd and longs with his legs and moving drives at 7 minutes or more.

Watson is going to have to play perfectly to get fantasy goodies this week. I think he can, considering the Pats have allowed QB1 performances recently on limited plays. Like 30 average attempts per game, which Watson usually doesn't exceed 35-40.

• Like 1