NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's give Fuller credit for just bunching up his missed games at the end of the season.  We've seen many seasons where he's on again, off again, leaving games in first half and giving you a zero or close thereto, etc.  This season he balled out and then just bowed out while the getting was good.  Thanks for the ride.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Let's give Fuller credit for just bunching up his missed games at the end of the season.  We've seen many seasons where he's on again, off again, leaving games in first half and giving you a zero or close thereto, etc.  This season he balled out and then just bowed out while the getting was good.  Thanks for the ride.

Here, here. Bravo, Will Fuller.  You gave us a wild ride, especially with that weird goose egg in week two then a finish as the WR3 through week 12, dropping 30 points for us on your way out.  Plus you spared us tough start/sit decisions with IND, CHI, IND coming up.

Net positive for 2020.  Rest well, sweet prince.  And get better, undetectable drugs next season.

• Haha 1

Anyone have any idea if he will appeal the suspension at all? Or if the suspension can even be appealed? Seems like both Fuller and Roby are maintaining they weren't aware they were using banned substances.

Edited by Barte
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Barte said:

Anyone have any idea if he will appeal the suspension at all? Or if the suspension can even be appealed? Seems like both Fuller and Roby are maintaining they weren't aware they were using banned substances.

How many people say "Awe, ya got me"?

1 hour ago, Barte said:

Someone on twitter said that he already completed the appeal, so if that's the case, it's a hard 6 game suspension. Still waiting on a reliable source to confirm though.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

How many people say "Awe, ya got me"?

Of course. It seems clear the suspensions won't (and shouldn't) be overturned. However, I was under the assumption that players can always appeal a suspension, and while they are appealing, there is a chance they can still play/delay their suspension. Though I would understand if the appeal process is entirely different in regards to a positive drug test.

13 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

As a fantasy owner just treat this suspension as another IR stint. He gave you 11 weeks of fantastic value.

I don't like this logic. His play and his ability to stay healthy has had a butterfly effect on our roster decisions and add/cut decisions all year long. 

It's terrible news and it's the type of news most of us will not recover from. There is no one on waivers capable of dropping 30 burgers. Best you'll get is 8-10 points from a WR3 type.

So yeah, this is season ending stuff. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Also, this is a prime example of why we mine the WW constantly and fire off trade offers weekly. Hopefully we all have enough to survive this hit.

Nope- he was my WR2. There's nothing on the waivers in a competitive league to paper this off. As a Watson owner as well, this **** blows man. It's affected roster decisions all year. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I don't like this logic. His play and his ability to stay healthy has had a butterfly effect on our roster decisions and add/cut decisions all year long. 

It's terrible news and it's the type of news most of us will not recover from. There is no one on waivers capable of dropping 30 burgers. Best you'll get is 8-10 points from a WR3 type.

Yup. Most trade deadlines are over and it's too late to build it back up. I almost traded a high draft pick for Robinson, but because I already had Fuller, I held off. Now I'm stuck with guys like Watkins, Perrimen, and Lazard on waivers. This one really hurts. 

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Eh. JJ and Claypool were both WW pickups for most people, as was Tee Higgins. The former two are pretty much weekly Top-15 plays.

I agree that you're not going to find someone like Fuller for free this late in the game but there are always pivots.

5 hours ago, Barte said:

The NFL has very little wiggle room on the PED policy.  If it's in your body, it's your problem and you have to pay the price.

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Nope- he was my WR2. There's nothing on the waivers in a competitive league to paper this off. As a Watson owner as well, this **** blows man. It's affected roster decisions all year. 

That sucks but I was referring to the lead up to now, not after. This time of year sucks for everyone on the WW and the trade deadline has passed.

2 hours ago, Barte said:

Of course. It seems clear the suspensions won't (and shouldn't) be overturned. However, I was under the assumption that players can always appeal a suspension, and while they are appealing, there is a chance they can still play/delay their suspension. Though I would understand if the appeal process is entirely different in regards to a positive drug test.

He loses less money to serve now. Much less money. You don't get paid while suspended and his pay is about to go up a lot next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He loses less money to serve now. Much less money. You don't get paid while suspended and his pay is about to go up a lot next season.

He's making $10MM this year...wouldn't be surprised if he got a Robby Anderson type deal of 2/20MM which would be the same pay.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's making $10MM this year...wouldn't be surprised if he got a Robby Anderson type deal of 2/20MM which would be the same pay.

He was on pace for 1,200 yards and 11 TDs. In terms of yards/game, TDs/game and film Fuller is far better than Robbie Anderson and so I disagree.

KNow who else disagrees? The Green Bay Packers. The Packers kicked the tires but backed off because they thought he was going to get more money per year than Devante Adams is currently making and politically they couldn't give him a contract like that without reworking Adams' deal(they can't afford to do both those deals) and so they weren't willing to flip a pick for what would be a rental. Fuller is about to get paid big money.

4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He was on pace for 1,200 yards and 11 TDs. In terms of yards/game, TDs/game and film Fuller is far better than Robbie Anderson and so I disagree.

KNow who else disagrees? The Green Bay Packers. The Packers kicked the tires but backed off because they thought he was going to get more money per year than Devante Adams is currently making and politically they couldn't give him a contract like that without reworking Adams' deal(they can't afford to do both those deals) and so they weren't willing to flip a pick for what would be a rental. Fuller is about to get paid big money.

Just think the PED's will be the major downside to contract negotiations unless there's mutual understanding. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Just think the PED's will be the major downside to contract negotiations unless there's mutual understanding. 

It’ll be a downside yes, but nothing crazy imo. 

Plenty of athletes take roids, just don’t get caught.

One of those unspoken subjects, see no evil speak no evil.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

You don't even know the story. All it's gonna take is two teams to really want his game changing abilities and there aren't typically a lot of people who can do what he can on the market.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1