NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High target share and high catch rate. Only two targets not caught were deep balls that looked uncatchable, and as others said he was badly underthrown on what would’ve been an easy TD. Got several short targets and a few deep. And all this in a game with just 30 pass aattempts?

Wish I had Fuller everywhere. If this keeps up he’s a top 10 WR easily. Of course health is a concern but I’m still gonna be trying to buy. 

4 hours ago, geosporin said:

High target share and high catch rate. Only two targets not caught were deep balls that looked uncatchable, and as others said he was badly underthrown on what would’ve been an easy TD. Got several short targets and a few deep. And all this in a game with just 30 pass aattempts?

Wish I had Fuller everywhere. If this keeps up he’s a top 10 WR easily. Of course health is a concern but I’m still gonna be trying to buy. 

I don't know about the 1st ball that wasn't caught. While Watson threw it behind him it hit him directly in the hands. Got to catch that one. Either way it still eludes to the fact he could of even had a much bigger day.

Watson did not have much protection all game. Seems there were defenders constantly in the backfield that he had to avoid.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, geosporin said:

First pass of game was very catchable fwiw, but that can be attributed to rust. 

I agree though with the rest. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I don't know about the 1st ball that wasn't caught. While Watson threw it behind him it hit him directly in the hands. Got to catch that one. Either way it still eludes to the fact he could of even had a much bigger day.

Watson did not have much protection all game. Seems there were defenders constantly in the backfield that he had to avoid.

That's because Watson holds the ball too long. 

When Texans were up 7-0 Collinsowrth was commenting about how he was getting ball out quick and everything was looking good. 

This line is definitely overpaid and average at best, but he still needs to get the ball out quicker. 

I mean, it was exactly what we all expected, which was nice. Deshaun really doesn't have too many other options. Now the really important "don't get injured" stuff starts 😀. I kind of like that the bye week is right in the middle of the season, a good time for a week off.

The nice thing about where we all probably drafted him is that there should be enough solid players to allow you to play him as a WR3 or FLEX until the wheels fall off...IF they do. If he sees that sort of usage every week - and I don't really see why he wouldn't, Cooks notwithstanding - then he's an absolute bargain. I suspect that a lot of us have at least one or two rookies who we can expect to see grow throughout the season (Moss, Gibson, Dobbins, all the rookie WRs) so Fuller might just be the guy to get us through until they kick in. That's the dream.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Corleone said:

Towards the Thursday night angle, across the past 5 years, this is how the lead WR did from each team during the opening game of the NFL season:
image.png.c7968b57abf34ccf1a4e2db476b4b136.png

Nice to see Fuller join the list of WR's who have had a solid Week 1 in the opening Thursday Night Football game to start the season...
image.png.d9b45c70dedbb74683e5aa2739034a15.png

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 5

KC's defense seemed to pick up where they left off last year. Even with Watson under duress and tight coverage Fuller manages 8 catches, and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Also breathed that sigh of relief after every catch and tackle.

If this game is any indication to the PPR upside for Fuller, I'm very content. Baltimore next week.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

First pass of game was very catchable fwiw, but that can be attributed to rust. 

I agree though with the rest. 

Ahh ok ty. Didn’t think to inventory all his targets til the game ended and I was impressed enough to try thinking through em all. Thanks for pointing it out

• Like 1

Couldnt plug him in with Edelman as my worst starter in my PPR league even tho i considered flipping them hah good problem to have i suppose

loved what i saw though, permitting health, top 12 WR aka a WR1 this year, sit back and enjoy the targets, could easily tell Fuller and DJ are this teams entire offense and ole Watson knows it as we saw him lovin on Fuller all game

Edited by kmoore1521
6 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I mean he has to have one healthy season right? 

Every time he runs deep or catches a pass and gets crushed by defenders, I'm literally holding my breath. I love the production but maybe it's not healthy to get injury prone players haha

Hoping his off-season regimen worked out...don't think he looked too tired, but in a hurry-up offense with him running deep routes, he'll get tired pretty quickly. 

Loving it though!

On 9/9/2020 at 12:51 PM, Spina said:

Remember a couple years back when Fuller made his October return from preseason injury to the score SEVEN Touchdowns in four games?

How about when he started his career as the only WR in NFL History with back-to-back 100yd games?

This will be my attempt at exploring the explosive, yet heartbreaking career of Will Fuller, his injuries and my love affair that keeps bringing me back for the potential that could be, only to then crush my soul..... 

2016: Rookie Year - Drafted as one of my 'Rookie WRs' - back-to-back with Michael Thomas in the late rounds

- As mentioned above Fuller opened his NFL career with two 100yd games -- with Brock Osweiler (only WR in NFL History)

- Four TDs in the first Four Weeks of his Career (1 Punt Return)

- Thought I drafted an Absolute Stud!!!

- Week 5: Hamstring Strain (1 reception before exit)

- Week 6 Bye - No Missed Games

- Week 8: Knee Strain (1 reception before leaving)

- Misses Two Games (Week 9/10)

- Returning Week 11 -- remainder of the season was subpar with Brock Osweiler

- Two Injuries (Hamstring/Knee Strains), Two Missed Games, Two Games Exited -

2017: Enter Deshaun Watson

Preseason: Clavicle Fracture

- Upon Fuller's return in Week 4 - and playing with Deshaun for the first time - he went on a run (see above) where he scored SEVEN TDs in his first four games (2,2,1,2)

- Week 8 Deshaun Watson is lost for the season. Fooked.

- Plays the rest of the season with Tom Savage

- Week 10: Fractured Rib - misses Week 11, 12, 13

- 10 Games Played - 4 Dominating Games with Watson - 6 Duds with Savage - 6 Missed Games (Fractured Clavicle/Ribs) - 

2018: First Year Drafting the Watson/Fuller Stack 

- Missed Week 1: Hamstring Strain

- Returns Week 2 to the tune of 8/113/ with a 39yd TD

- Next two weeks, 100yd game and Two 2 TDs

- Week 8 : ACL - before leaving game 5/124/TD (73yd TD)

- Lost Season

- 7 games/4 TDs/3 100yd Games - 

2019:

- Average to subpar first four weeks and then.....

- Week 5: 14/200/3 TDs BOOM!!!

- Week 7: Hamstring Strain (1 catch before exit)

- Misses Week 8, 9, 10 (Bye), 11

- Returned Week 12: 7/140

- Week 16: Core Muscle Tear - missed Week 17

- Four Missed Games on the Season- 

2020: The return of the Watson/Fuller Stack

- Healthy all Year!!!

- 90/1400/12

We all know the history - dominate when on the field, but always hurt.

IF what he says about changing his offseason workouts to focus on the nagging soft tissue injuries, and he's able to stay on the field then I believe with the absence of Hopkins, the numbers above aren't too outlandish.

Healthy, Will Fuller Balls out and is a Top 10 WR.

(we know he'll get hurt though)

-Stay Healthy-

....One Week Down, 15 more to go!

Taking it Week-to-Week....

Texan's offense didn't even look good, missed a few big opportunities, and Fuller still put up a great line -- BIG YEAR...bigger games to come.

16 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I mean he has to have one healthy season right? 

It just might be his time to pull through with a full healthy season. Keenan Allen was labeled injury prone awhile back ago until he wasn’t. Let’s just hope he makes it through the season. I know I’ll be holding my breath every time he hits the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Rod6874 said:

It just might be his time to pull through with a full healthy season. Keenan Allen was labeled injury prone awhile back ago until he wasn’t. Let’s just hope he makes it through the season. I know I’ll be holding my breath every time he hits the ground. 

One.Week.at.A.Time.

[we shall no longer speak above a whisper about this]

36 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Offensive line looked terrible. 

and he managed 8/112

This is about as ugly as you’ll likely see it get for this offense, and he still came through with a more than serviceable week. If this keeps up, he will offer you week winning potential, with a healthy floor. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1