NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2020 Outlook

On 10/26/2020 at 3:50 AM, Benjamin1984 said:

Honestly how he pulled a 7-80 out of that complete disaster is impressive. If this was two years ago he wouldn't have caught a pass lol...He's always had the talent and is now a true alpha stud WR1 these days. You have to start him unless you drafted WR very very well I think. He still has the benefit of having other very good WRs around him and even with nothing at QB those guys still pull some coverage. He's too high volume and is still capable of housing it from anywhere on the field.

I'm still gonna ride with Cooper too. I have opinions but his talent is too good to sit on a bench. He's the big money guy in Dallas so they should still be targeting him plenty. Slay is my only concern this week. Im not scared of dinucci. He might be an upgrade over the way Dalton was playing lol

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I'm still gonna ride with Cooper too. I have opinions but his talent is too good to sit on a bench. He's the big money guy in Dallas so they should still be targeting him plenty. Slay is my only concern this week. Im not scared of dinucci. He might be an upgrade over the way Dalton was playing lol

He's as capable of taking a simple slant or a screen and doing big damage with it as any top WR in the league. It's a sure downgrade but you gotta roll with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's as capable of taking a simple slant or a screen and doing big damage with it as any top WR in the league. It's a sure downgrade but you gotta roll with him.

I 100% agree with all of that. Even though he's a cowboy I've been a huge fan since the start. His route running is so money. That's one of my main things I target. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harck said:

Not sure if any team at this point would take Cooper's deal. Too much money tied up there for too long. MAYBE the Ravens if they had the cap space.

There's an out I think not next year but the year after. They talked about it I believe on rotoworld main page after they took lamb. 

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

just gotta pray dinuci got enough time to throw and lock onto cooper. best case scenario lol. 

I'm concerned with Slay shadowing him more than anything else.  We've seen both Dalton and Dinucci (very limited data obv) both look for Cooper.  I can't sit him regardless since he could easily still somehow get 10 targets and fall into the endzone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

I'm concerned with Slay shadowing him more than anything else.  We've seen both Dalton and Dinucci (very limited data obv) both look for Cooper.  I can't sit him regardless since he could easily still somehow get 10 targets and fall into the endzone.

Same boat here - with the BYE weeks, some owners like myself need to roll with Cooper. Hopefully he gets enough targets to stay involved

15 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Same boat here - with the BYE weeks, some owners like myself need to roll with Cooper. Hopefully he gets enough targets to stay involved

Like I have other options at WR (Higgins, Shepard, etc.) but it's hard to sit Cooper since he's been reliable for pretty much all of the season save for week 5.  It'll sting a lot more sitting Cooper for a lesser option in a better matchup just to see him get his points regardless. If one of the other plug WRs goes off, so be it.

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Sat him in 1 of 2 leagues. Just might drop him in both. He’s no better than a WR3/Flex & almost no upside at this point

Terrible matchup and terrible QB play, the rookie looked completely lost. If Dalton is back next week Cooper will be fine-ish (I hope, since you can't trade him for Pollard at this point).

On 10/21/2020 at 12:46 AM, kraftwrk_5 said:

💩

I tried to tell ya. Easy sit for me this week. Dak’s injury plus all the O-line injuries really screwed it all up. :(  With Pittsburgh on deck and Dalton still not practicing, Amari probably won’t be useable until after the bye. And even then, he will probably be more of a matchups play than the WR1 set and forget we’ve all come to know and love.

36 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I tried to tell ya. Easy sit for me this week. Dak’s injury plus all the O-line injuries really screwed it all up. :(  With Pittsburgh on deck and Dalton still not practicing, Amari probably won’t be useable until after the bye. And even then, he will probably be more of a matchups play than the WR1 set and forget we’ve all come to know and love.

agreed - no chance I can start him next week with Pitts coming in - even with Dalton coming back. The rookie looked horrible tonight

• Like 1

6 hours ago, squidthunder said:

agreed - no chance I can start him next week with Pitts coming in - even with Dalton coming back. The rookie looked horrible tonight

Yeah, I’ve got the Pittsburgh D too and am looking forward to starting them against the Boys. But Amari, Zeke, Dalton, et al.? Uf - no way. Gonna get pretty ugly next week. They’ll probably just give Dalton another concussion if he plays. 🤷🏼‍♂️