NBC Sports Edge Forums

I'm hoping that the return of Fitz back, after being out past two weeks, to the lineup will give Kyler a boost, I've noticed whenever Kyler starts to scramble and just wants to make a quick dump off Fitz is whom he looks for.  I looked up the history of Hopkins and Fitz against the Giants and they both usually do really well against them.  But yeah I'm nervous it's put up or shut up time.

PD

Edited by Peyton's Daddy
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is huge for Murray. Just look what OBJ did for Mayfield.

i haven't updated my "5,000/37" prediction in awhile, so let's kill two fer one here.  he is currently on pace for 4,750 total yds and 44 total TDs ... took a big hit in yards last week @Carolina

Kyler at his ADP was just one of the clearest calls to return value and then some this year to me. I'm one of those guys who usually waits forever on QBs but there has been a noticeable shift in

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, sillylung said:

Coinciding with the guys AC joint injury against Seattle he has went down hill pretty quickly. I don't think he will be right until the off-season.

Yea that how im feeling now... luckily taysom Hill has been a good fill in and I have a bye this week. Think I will have to find a backup plan for kyler. Hard to trust going forward, his passing yardage has never been consistently high which has been bothering me more now with his lack of rush yards.

Edited by Rozr1

Guys for those who make it next week, if Murry has another down game, are we still rolling him out there? I mean, [...] Murray got us this far, it would royally suck to bench him and have him blow up.

But I agree, the kid does not look the same pre-AC joint injury. I read an article that mentioned someone calling him out for his indecisiveness not wanting to follow his blockers on a designed run up the middle and instead ran to the sideline....seems like he's super hesitant to make contact. This lack of rushing really caps his ceiling.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
41 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Guys for those who make it next week, if Murry has another down game, are we still rolling him out there? [...] Murray got us this far, it would royally suck to bench him and have him blow up.

But I agree, the kid does not look the same pre-AC joint injury. I read an article that mentioned someone calling him out for his indecisiveness not wanting to follow his blockers on a designed run up the middle and instead ran to the sideline....seems like he's super hesitant to make contact. This lack of rushing really caps his ceiling.

I think alot of this comes down to your options. Between Murray being sub par and the Giants stifling Wilson, I will bench dude for Herbert.

2 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

im thinking about benching him for taysom hill this week. just based on his play since tne injury and the way the giants defense handled russ last week

Same.. dinged up+east coast+rush defense+bradberry on hopkins+drake getting GL carries=not too good

You guys should be paying more attention to fitz rather than Hopkins. Fitz is the safety valve. All we have is the info available. Fitz out past two games kyler plays bad past two games. Fitz available all the prior games kyler plays great. 2 + 2 = 4. Don’t overthink it. Good luck.

Edited by StevenSC400
1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys should be paying more attention to fitz rather than Hopkins. Fitz is the safety valve. All we have is the info available. Fitz out past two games kyler plays bad past two games. Fitz available all the prior games kyler plays great. 2 + 2 = 4. Don’t overthink it. Good luck.

So let's overthink that a bit.

These are the games this season and the points scored by both (assuming 4 pt pass TD and PPR, but other formats give the same picture)

image.png.d02be25006391fdaf048aefbc6314153.png

Murray's game against the Rams wasn't much worse than against Seattle, where Fitzgerald balled out and had 10 targets (highest of the season. On the other hand, it seems that Murray does a bit worse the last 3 games (not 2). Also, against Detroit Fitzgerald played 86% of the snaps, and yet that was a quite wonky game for Murray with 3 INT.

Make of that what you will. I personally think Murray will be fine, but not necessarily based on the presence of Fitzgerald.

WTF??!?1!?11!?111!?

I GET A 30 DAY VACATION AND THE WHOLE EFFIN' OPERATION GOES IN THE COTDAMN TERLIT? 🚽

what did i miss?

"HAIL MURRAY!!1!11!" - note on this - since he trademarked the phrase, they've gone 0-3, kid got his shoulder rolled, Coffee Cakes is gettin' all them rushing TDs, we ain't runnin' no more, and we've fallen waaaayyyyyy the eff of dat blistering pace set up to, and including, that Bison boondoggle. 

can this get back on track?

oooooofffaahhh - them Jints are playing very steady defense, nobody's gonna light them up ... upshot is we gonna be hovering 'round 60 degrees tmrw up here, with light wind - so no factors on that front. 

yuuuuuge watershed tackle/magick foosball tilt - i shan't jinx this cat any longer. 

we'll resume forthwith come Sunday evening ... the mighty mite has a test, folks. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

I always appreciate your post but on the other hand can never understand what the hell you’re trying to say. I often wonder if you’re some sort of gnome or dwarf type character out of Dungeons & Dragons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

So let's overthink that a bit.

These are the games this season and the points scored by both (assuming 4 pt pass TD and PPR, but other formats give the same picture)

image.png.d02be25006391fdaf048aefbc6314153.png

Murray's game against the Rams wasn't much worse than against Seattle, where Fitzgerald balled out and had 10 targets (highest of the season. On the other hand, it seems that Murray does a bit worse the last 3 games (not 2). Also, against Detroit Fitzgerald played 86% of the snaps, and yet that was a quite wonky game for Murray with 3 INT.

Make of that what you will. I personally think Murray will be fine, but not necessarily based on the presence of Fitzgerald.

And look at that Detroit game closer. Fitz had 1 reception for 0 yards. Worst of the year in games he played. That was a weird game. I wouldn’t look too much into that. Point is out of the games Ive seen I see Murray looking fitz way a lot when he’s in trouble and he needs to move the chains. Last two games fitz is out and he looks lost out there. I don’t think it’s only because of fitz those defenses are very good too but still. I’m just saying that things seem to go much smoother when he’s in the line up. 

Edited by StevenSC400

The game total is moving up presently....take that for what it’s worth

i dunno just feel like you have to have a Herbert/ Brady type bench him. Shocked with some of the names I’m seeing in here 

24 minutes ago, malta69 said:

i dunno just feel like you have to have a Herbert/ Brady type bench him. Shocked with some of the names I’m seeing in here 

Yeah I mean even with Herbert in my standard scoring league he just got less than 5 points vs the pats and 16.44 vs Buffalo. That’s a lower two week average than Murray past two weeks and Murray had the tougher rams team last week. I’d find it really hard to bench the guy that got you to the playoffs.

I am a Murray owner and waiver wire is dry so it’ll be Murray by default. Don’t love the trip to the east coast. Hoping that shoulder is feeling even better and Kingsbury designs some better plays. that Hopkins route tree graphic was more of a route bush 

Edited by Icehot15
Spelling
5 hours ago, malta69 said:

I’m in that exact spot... Been riding Murray all year but with him banged up and facing a tough D in the Giants and Herbert facing a terrible Falcons D I have decided to go with Herbert... Not feeling super confident about it but I’ve made the decision. 

1 hour ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

I’m in that exact spot... Been riding Murray all year but with him banged up and facing a tough D in the Giants and Herbert facing a terrible Falcons D I have decided to go with Herbert... Not feeling super confident about it but I’ve made the decision. 

I'm starting both Murray and Herbert in my superflex league, hopefully the both ball out!

FWIW, I think Murray will be fine. I'd boost him a bit more in my rankings if Blake Martinez is out.

While he didn't light it up necessarily, I was encouraged to see more runs this week.   A little more fight from the Giants and Kyler perhaps gets that add'l TD to get back to feast mode.   I'm starting with no concerns this week.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BrianM said:

While he didn't light it up necessarily, I was encouraged to see more runs this week.   A little more fight from the Giants and Kyler perhaps gets that add'l TD to get back to feast mode.   I'm starting with no concerns this week.  

I was encouraged as well. I am expecting a solid showing against the Eagles. Taysom Hill had a pretty decent fantasy output against them. Jalen Hurts being able to put up points for the Eagles should help the Cardinals offense by forcing them to score more.

• Like 1