NBC Sports Edge Forums

9 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Probably need to start thinking about a playoffs backup plan.

Why? He played the best passing defense in the nfl today and threw 3 TDs one pick. Good luck finding a backup to do better.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is huge for Murray. Just look what OBJ did for Mayfield.

i haven't updated my "5,000/37" prediction in awhile, so let's kill two fer one here.  he is currently on pace for 4,750 total yds and 44 total TDs ... took a big hit in yards last week @Carolina

Kyler at his ADP was just one of the clearest calls to return value and then some this year to me. I'm one of those guys who usually waits forever on QBs but there has been a noticeable shift in

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why? He played the best passing defense in the nfl today and threw 3 TDs one pick. Good luck finding a backup to do better.

Well, it's partly in frustration of my #1 player letting me down.  Since the shoulder injury he's avg. 23 rush yards/game, compared to pre-injury, he has been a big step down to QB2 status.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Well, it's partly in frustration of my #1 player letting me down.  Since the shoulder injury he's avg. 23 rush yards/game, compared to pre-injury, he has been a big step down to QB2 status.

He’s not a qb 2 now lmao jeez

2 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Look at his whole schedule and then look at the last two matchups. He’s probably had the toughest two weeks of the season. And then throw in the shoulder injury. He had a lot of cake matchups all year long. Now look at his future schedule. Things are lookin up. The only one questionable game is against the niners but he played them well week 1 when they were at their best. I’m not overly concerned with him finishing the season strong.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Look at his whole schedule and then look at the last two matchups. He’s probably had the toughest two weeks of the season. And then throw in the shoulder injury. He had a lot of cake matchups all year long. Now look at his future schedule. Things are lookin up. The only one questionable game is against the niners but he played them well week 1 when they were at their best. I’m not overly concerned with him finishing the season strong.

I think they play the Rams again. Also the Eagles and Giants have legit defensive lines. He should still have some good performances though because he'll get opportunities with how bad those teams offenses are. 

5 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

I think they play the Rams again. Also the Eagles and Giants have legit defensive lines. He should still have some good performances though because he'll get opportunities with how bad those teams offenses are. 

Week 17 doesn’t count. 

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

when he was rushing 50+ yards a game you can rely on him for a minimum of 20 points. not sure if tape and schemes caught up to him like they did lamar 

Teams have done a better job not over rushing and keeping him in the pocket and they're playing the zone read to force Kyler to give it. When he's kept the ball or tried to scramble for yardage he just hasn't had the space to really hurt teams with his legs. And he's not big enough or quite as elusive as a Lamar Jackson to break tackles and maneuver in heavy traffic. I think the shoulder has affected his deep ball but I'm not seeing how it's affected his running. That's mostly defense doing that. 

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

He’s not a qb 2 now lmao jeez

shoulder injury, then 9, then 17 points = 13/game last 2 games, pre injury avg over 29 points/game, he has mostly stopped running which is a big part of why he has been so good this year, i see a correlation, but obviously hope he can get back to averaging 29 points for the playoffs

4 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

shoulder injury, then 9, then 17 points = 13/game last 2 games, pre injury avg over 29 points/game, he has mostly stopped running which is a big part of why he has been so good this year, i see a correlation, but obviously hope he can get back to averaging 29 points for the playoffs

He’s had 1 bad game all year. Last week. Bum shoulder

This week he’ll prob finish top 12 

top 12 isn’t qb2

unless you play in a 6 team league

18 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

You can’t just take a two week average and call him a qb2 lol.

1 hour ago, Jubanton said:

benching for Herbert (cross fingers)

Hard to trust in a difficult matchup

Considering the same thing, but not sure if that's just overthinking things or a brilliant FF coaching move.

Giants did not let Russ cook and I'm worried they will do the same to Kyler.

3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The migit is getting found out, can onlybrun for so long, look at lamar

Well Lamar had quite the game last night lol

I'm concerned as well. But having him in a Superflex, I don't have any choice but to start him. Is the Giants D really that good? Last week's defensive performance seems really fluky. 

1 hour ago, beerfish said:

Considering the same thing, but not sure if that's just overthinking things or a brilliant FF coaching move.

Giants did not let Russ cook and I'm worried they will do the same to Kyler.

Russ hasn’t been “cooking” for weeks now since he overcooked and let all those losses pile up. The Seahawks have since went back to a more balanced approach and Wilson seems to have lost a bit of confidence. You can bench Murray but I personally don’t see anyone worth starting to give me his floor and his upside unless you do have someone like Herbert laying around which most people don’t. And he laid a bigger egg vs the pats than Kyler did.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The migit is getting found out, can onlybrun for so long, look at lamar

Exactly. The blueprint is out. Don't let him go to his right. He can't see over the linemen, push him to his left so he cant throw accurate passes.

1 hour ago, rasrar said:

Well Lamar had quite the game last night lol

I'm concerned as well. But having him in a Superflex, I don't have any choice but to start him. Is the Giants D really that good? Last week's defensive performance seems really fluky. 

Giants have a underrated defense. Their Linebacker duo is good, Blake Martinez+Kyle Fackrell, Bradberry and Ryan in Secondary and Leonard Williams up front. Lots of good pieces there. 

Kyler worries me this week only cause I feel like He is still not over that shoulder injury suffered against the Seahawks.

3 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

Giants have a underrated defense. Their Linebacker duo is good, Blake Martinez+Kyle Fackrell, Bradberry and Ryan in Secondary and Leonard Williams up front. Lots of good pieces there. 

Kyler worries me this week only cause I feel like He is still not over that shoulder injury suffered against the Seahawks.

FWIW, he wasn't even on the injury report today.

I do believe it has more to do with opposing defenses game-planning against limiting his rushing ability. I hope Kingsbury can counter that with more designed runs plays or taking advantage of spying somehow...