NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2020 Outlook

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has anyone mentioned this only makes the Hopkins trade look worse? 

It'll be interesting, Minnesota had the 3rd fewest pass attempts in the entire league last year (only TEN/BAL had less) and Diggs still put up numbers ... although his yards per reception appears to b

Makes the haul for the Hopkins trade look that much more ridiculous.  

Great move for BUF. Josh Allen made a lot of strides last year until he inhaled glue before the HOU game in the playoffs.

BUF now has a legitimate WR corps and I believe it was worth it to cough up those picks.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Great move for BUF. Josh Allen made a lot of strides last year until he inhaled glue before the HOU game in the playoffs.

BUF now has a legitimate WR corps and I believe it was worth it to cough up those picks.

I disagree with it being worth what they gave up just because this is a ridiculous WR class and they would have gotten a stud with their pick. That being said, Stefon Diggs is a monster talent and is a legit WR1 in this league. He's just entering his prime at 26 years old and we've only seen one season of him utilized as a true WR1 and he put up 102 receptions/1100 total yards and 9 TD's. This is a great fantasy situation for him, he can take the top of the defense and Josh Allen can throw the deep ball. He will get between 125-150 targets--you don't pay the price the Bills did if you don't plan on heavily utilizing him and treating him as a WR1.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Pretty good landing spot for him IMO

Yea this offense is going to be sneaky fun next year: Diggs, Allen, Singletary, Smokey, Beasley and Knox. Definitely a rising offense. I think a lot of the fantasy pundits are going to underestimate this landing spot. They are going to look at what Allen did last year and not process that 1. It was only his second year in the league and 2. His top 2 options were John Brown and Cole Beasley--a bottom 5 receiver corps in the NFL. A stud talent at WR gives this offense a totally different dimension than it has ever had.

• Like 3

Does anyone have any data on how well wr's who played in domes for their careers perform in stadiums without domes?

Diggs needs to move to Buffalo next week run on the stadium field everyday and meet Allen in the  public park afterwards for  drills. 😂

3 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

I disagree with it being worth what they gave up just because this is a ridiculous WR class and they would have gotten a stud with their pick. That being said, Stefon Diggs is a monster talent and is a legit WR1 in this league. He's just entering his prime at 26 years old and we've only seen one season of him utilized as a true WR1 and he put up 102 receptions/1100 total yards and 9 TD's. This is a great fantasy situation for him, he can take the top of the defense and Josh Allen can throw the deep ball.

He will get between 125-150 targets--you don't pay the price the Bills did if you don't plan on heavily utilizing him and treating him as a WR1.

How do you get 125-150 targets?

The Bills were 10-6 , #7 in rush play % and #7 in rushing yds per game

The Bills defense finished the 2019 season as the #2 or 3 ranked team in total defense

Will the defense fall off a cliff?

Will the Bills abandon the run and just become a pass first offense?

Are they cutting Cole Beasley -106 targets or John Brown -115 targets?

I think 125 would be on the high side for targets (with Beasely and Brown on the field) and 150 would be a big reach if they are still a ball control focused offense and the defense gives them excellent field position.

150 targets are Hopkins,AB,Julio territory on offenses that have serious passing attacks

This is Stefon Diggs + Allen, not Watson+Hopkins or AB+Big Ben 😂

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Diggs has been a fantasy WR1 once in 5 seasons. He has been the #2 WR on his team the past 3 seasons. He is a great routerunner who needs an accurate QB. Not seeing how Allen helps him.

• Haha 1

The biggest concern is the inapt ability for them to build a rapport with the facilities shutting down. Allen made great strides, but the biggest winner of all of this right now is Singletary. The motor is going to have success, because those boxes can't be 8 manned anymore. 

1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The biggest concern is the inapt ability for them to build a rapport with the facilities shutting down. Allen made great strides, but the biggest winner of all of this right now is Singletary. The motor is going to have success, because those boxes can't be 8 manned anymore. 

I think this is a good take. John brown plus Diggs  stretching the field and preventing defenses from stacking the box, could mean more  running game production per carry. 

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

How do you get 125-150 targets?

The Bills were 10-6 , #7 in rush play % and #7 in rushing yds per game

The Bills defense finished the 2019 season as the #2 or 3 ranked team in total defense

Will the defense fall off a cliff?

Will the Bills abandon the run and just become a pass first offense?

Are they cutting Cole Beasley -106 targets or John Brown -115 targets?

I think 125 would be on the high side for targets (with Beasely and Brown on the field) and 150 would be a big reach if they are still a ball control focused offense and the defense gives them excellent field position.

150 targets are Hopkins,AB,Julio territory on offenses that have serious passing attacks

This is Stefon Diggs + Allen, not Watson+Hopkins or AB+Big Ben 😂

See, you keep doing this thing where you expect things to stay static for a young QB's numbers and development. This is unlikely, particularly given the fact that they just added an elite talent that will be the focal point of the passing attack. Look at the leap in per game numbers that Josh Allen made from his rookie year to his second year (where his best receivers were John Brown and Cole Beasley). He increased his completion percentage by 6% in his second season (I am not insinuating that he is ever going to be the picture of an accurate passer but there is plenty of room for improvement). Again, you don't give up the draft capital that the Bills did for Diggs to not make a concerted effort to make him the focal point of the passing game, and you certainly don't give up that capital to give him the same amount of targets as John Brown and Cole Beasley. You are using target totals for Smokey and Beasley from last season, where they were funneled targets in a passing game where the next best options were some guys named Isiah McKenzie and Duke Williams. The Bills receiving corps was one of the worst in the league. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see Brown and Beasley's target totals to drop by 20-25 targets each. I admit that the 150 high water mark is unlikely (it would take injuries and a big leap by Josh Allen), but 125 targets is a completely doable mark. In my opinion his floor remains exactly the same but his upside is much more enticing in the Buffalo offense as the unquestioned number 1 receiver. Here is a link to a breakdown that I think is more than reasonable floor: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/nfl-free-agency-fantasy-fallout-stefon-diggs-gives-josh-allen-a-true-no-1-now-will-there-be-enough-volume/

Edited by paulwall29
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

See, you keep doing this thing where you expect things to stay static for a young QB's numbers and development. This is unlikely, particularly given the fact that they just added an elite talent that will be the focal point of the passing attack. Look at the leap in per game numbers that Josh Allen made from his rookie year to his second year (where his best receivers were John Brown and Cole Beasley). He increased his completion percentage by 6% in his second season (I am not insinuating that he is ever going to be the picture of an accurate passer but there is plenty of room for improvement). Again, you don't give up the draft capital that the Bills did for Diggs to not make a concerted effort to make him the focal point of the passing game, and you certainly don't give up that capital to give him the same amount of targets as John Brown and Cole Beasley. You are using target totals for Smokey and Beasley from last season, where they were funneled targets in a passing game where the next best options were some guys named Isiah McKenzie and Duke Williams. The Bills receiving corps was one of the worst in the league. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see Brown and Beasley's target totals to drop by 20-25 targets each.

I admit that the 150 high water mark is unlikely (it would take injuries and a big leap by Josh Allen), but 125 targets is a completely doable mark.

In my opinion his floor remains exactly the same but his upside is much more enticing in the Buffalo offense as the unquestioned number 1 receiver. Here is a link to a breakdown that I think is more than reasonable floor: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/nfl-free-agency-fantasy-fallout-stefon-diggs-gives-josh-allen-a-true-no-1-now-will-there-be-enough-volume/

Ok so you agree with me. 😉

Just now, dashoe said:

Ok so you agree with me. 😉

No because you said:

8 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

So partial agreement, sure, but not total agreement.

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

in 2018, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Jameis Winston were 3 of the bottom 6 deep ball passers. This tells you very little about the overall numbers that the teams number 1 receiver is capable of. Derek Carr had the best passing % beyond 20 yards of any QB in the league in 2018. Things change from season to season. Diggs' overall production can still increase even with less accurate deep ball passing. Last year was not his best fantasy season, yet his yard per target was over 5 yards better than his career average and Cousins was exceptionally accurate on deep passes.

Edited by paulwall29
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yes, everyone is well aware of this. He's also less accurate than Derek Carr. Yet somehow the Bills still had 2 receivers perform better than any of the raiders receivers.

Edited by paulwall29