NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2020 Outlook

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has anyone mentioned this only makes the Hopkins trade look worse? 

It'll be interesting, Minnesota had the 3rd fewest pass attempts in the entire league last year (only TEN/BAL had less) and Diggs still put up numbers ... although his yards per reception appears to b

Makes the haul for the Hopkins trade look that much more ridiculous.  

12 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I mean after tonight’s game he’s #1 in scoring 

In my regular 1 pt PPR league he's still behind Hopkins, Thielen, Ridley and DK Metcalf by a hair. You must have some other rules in play aside from PPR.

He's not far behind #1 though, Hopkins is at 109.8 and Diggs is 98.9

8 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

In my regular 1 pt PPR league he's still behind Hopkins, Thielen, Ridley and DK Metcalf by a hair. You must have some other rules in play aside from PPR.

He's not far behind #1 though, Hopkins is at 109.8 and Diggs is 98.9

I stand corrected, he's in the top 5. Still, what a steal this guy is vs his ADP. Josh Allen puts up a stinker and he still scores 20.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:49 PM, Jrt80 said:

We don’t talk enough about how Stefon diggs is an elite WR1. He’s definitely in the conversation next to tyreek hill, deandre Hopkins, Dwayne Bowe, etc. 

I think he’ll get adequately fed in this offense. The bills have a relatively young locker room so they’ll definitely wanna make sure Stefon “gets his” and doesn’t become a liability. 

On 9/9/2020 at 12:51 PM, Corleone said:

Dwayne Bowe???

Ironically, right now in my league, Hopkins is the #4 WR, Diggs is the #6 WR, Tyreek is the #7 WR, but D.Bowe is unranked. 

10 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Ironically, right now in my league, Hopkins is the #4 WR, Diggs is the #6 WR, Tyreek is the #7 WR, but D.Bowe is unranked. 

Bowe is ranked #1 overall in my points per receiving touchdowns from ten seasons ago league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/14/2020 at 1:32 PM, Corleone said:

Lol I put the homie Dwayne bowe in there just to see if anyone noticed. But hey I was pretty much spot on with the rest of my prediction 

Edited by Jrt80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/23/2020 at 7:16 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

How can you say volume is there with a team that is routinely in the bottom half of the league or near the bottom(2018) with 33 attempts per game. Beasley and Brown are still going to get targeted, along with knox and and handful of passes to their rbs.  He has much more competition for targets in Buffalo especially with Beasley roaming the middle. Throw in the fact that most wrs in new systems struggle. 

You say HIGH END WR1, these guys are unquestioned alpha dogs in their system or in high powered offenses. 

1. MT

2. Julio

3. Adams

4. Hopkins

5. Godwin

6. Tyreek

7. Theilen

8. Amari Cooper

9. DJ Moore

10. OBJ

11. Sutton

12. Evans/JuJu

I don't see him surpassing any of these guys. 

"You say HIGH END WR1, these guys are unquestioned alpha dogs in their system or in high powered offenses. "

What is Diggs?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

"You say HIGH END WR1, these guys are unquestioned alpha dogs in their system or in high powered offenses. "

What is Diggs?

There’s only a couple guys on that list I’d take over Diggs.

16 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

What is Diggs?

Pretty bush league move to come in and gloat over a guy who had TONS of warning signs which is why he was being drafted in the 4-6 round.

1. Going into a brand new system usually doesnt favor wrs.

2. Bills in 2019 were not a high volume passing offense and little suggested it would change.

3. Josh Allen was VERY inaccurate, to the point his job was in question.

4. Diggs had a lot of competition for targets in beasley and brown. 

So yeah many of the guys were wiffs because of injuries (sutton, adams, thomas, godwin) but I believe he will not out produce adams, thomas, or godwin when healthy going forward. Also besides dj moore I was basically spot on my list of guys.

Sell high.

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Pretty bush league move to come in and gloat over a guy who had TONS of warning signs which is why he was being drafted in the 4-6 round.

2. Bills in 2019 were not a high volume passing offense and little suggested it would change.

So yeah many of the guys were wiffs because of injuries (sutton, adams, thomas, godwin) but I believe he will not out produce adams, thomas, or godwin when healthy going forward. 

Sell high.

Sell high? Lol ur delusional. I can only count like 5 WR I would honestly take over Diggs right now. (D.Adams,T.Hill,Hopkins, Lockett).

Additionally, ur argument is flawed, bc no one was drafting diggs over MT or Adams, he was drafted in the 5th round mostly and has far surpassed that adp.

Also it’s not bush league, to go back And @ people that were way off, thats what makes these forums fun. Sorry you missed big on this guy. 

Edited by Jrt80
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

So yeah many of the guys were wiffs because of injuries (sutton, adams, thomas, godwin) but I believe he will not out produce adams, thomas, or godwin when healthy going forward. Also besides dj moore I was basically spot on my list of guys.

Sell high.

Why on earth would I sell high on a guy that is putting up top 5 WR numbers that I got in the 7th round? I'm riding him all the way to the ship.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Sell high.

Couple points here:

2) Something did change. They traded a bunch of picks away for Diggs. When you trade assets for a true #1 WR, the goal is to feature him. Duh. The moment the Bills acquired Diggs, it was obvious they were going to feature him heavily.

3) Josh Allen has never been inaccurate, and his job was never in question even for a second. Why are you lying? His job was in question? Says who? Nobody, that's who. Allen is the unquestioned Bills franchise QB for the next 15 years. 

Inaccurate QBs don't elevate all the receivers around them, which is what Allen has done from Day 1. Do u even pay attention at all? You're delusional. You fell for the fake media narrative like most did because you like to believe in false narratives. John Brown and Cole Beasley both had career years in 2019 with "inaccurate" Allen...WRs don't have career years with inaccurate QBs. That's not how it works. Josh Allen is VERY accurate. Diggs is having a career year with Allen, no different than Brown and Beasley in 2019. This is what Josh Allen does - you give him a WR, Allen turns that WR into the absolute best version of himself.

Brown in 2019 = career year with Allen as his QB

Beasley in 2019 = career year with Allen as his QB

Diggs in 2020 = was likely going to have a career year with Allen.

All the signs pointed to Diggs being a Fantasy WR1 in 2020. All of them.

I repeat: WRs do not have career years with inaccurate QBs. Football does not work that way. Brown and Beasley both had career years in 2019, why did anyone expect anything different from Diggs in 2020? 

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 1

Sell high.

At absolutely no point in time, not even for 1 second, was Allen's job in question. You just made that up out of thin air.

In 2019, Allen led a bad, below-average Bills team to a 10-5 record and Playoffs in his 1st full year starting, but his job was in question entering Year 3? The only legit question regarding Allen was, "Will Allen now be in the MVP conversation now that he has Diggs?" 

Where do people like you come up with this nonsense? 

• Like 1

Sell high.

I'm sorry that you were wrong in the preseason.  It happens.  But, you were wrong.  It's okay.

4 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah but of you can get a guy like adams, thomas, godwin etc I would do it.

No way I’d trade a guy that’s been top 5 in PPR that is showing no signs of letting up for Godwin. Josh Allen put up a stinker Tuesday night and Diggs still scored 20.

There are probably only 4 WRs or so I would trade Diggs for. I’d be a little hesitant on Adams and MT. Why trade away a healthy top 5 WR for a potential top 3 WR who may not come back healthy and stay healthy?  It helps that Diggs has been a target hog and he’s had at least 1-2 solid games when the matchup wasn’t great. 

2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Couple points here:

2) Something did change. They traded a bunch of picks away for Diggs. When you trade assets for a true #1 WR, the goal is to feature him. Duh. The moment the Bills acquired Diggs, it was obvious they were going to feature him heavily.

3) Josh Allen has never been inaccurate, and his job was never in question even for a second. Why are you lying? His job was in question? Says who? Nobody, that's who. Allen is the unquestioned Bills franchise QB for the next 15 years. 

Inaccurate QBs don't elevate all the receivers around them, which is what Allen has done from Day 1. Do u even pay attention at all? You're delusional. You fell for the fake media narrative like most did because you like to believe in false narratives. John Brown and Cole Beasley both had career years in 2019 with "inaccurate" Allen...WRs don't have career years with inaccurate QBs. That's not how it works. Josh Allen is VERY accurate. Diggs is having a career year with Allen, no different than Brown and Beasley in 2019. This is what Josh Allen does - you give him a WR, Allen turns that WR into the absolute best version of himself.

Brown in 2019 = career year with Allen as his QB

Beasley in 2019 = career year with Allen as his QB

Diggs in 2020 = was likely going to have a career year with Allen.

All the signs pointed to Diggs being a Fantasy WR1 in 2020. All of them.

I repeat: WRs do not have career years with inaccurate QBs. Football does not work that way. Brown and Beasley both had career years in 2019, why did anyone expect anything different from Diggs in 2020? 

Lying? Facts don't care about your feelings.

Josh Allen has never been inaccurate, and his job was never in question even for a second. Why are you lying? His job was in question? Says who? Nobody, that's who. Allen is the unquestioned Bills franchise QB for the next 15 years. 

Out of the 32 qualifiers guess where Allen ranked for completion % in 2019? You guessed it 32nd at 58% which is god awful. So yes he WAS inaccurate, anyone who saw their playoff performance would note that he missed ALOT of passes. I don't care what you and your bill buddies think I go on statistics and numbers.

23rd in total yards passing, 24th in QBR.  3,000 yards passing 20 tds and 12 ints is not elite passing wise.  So yeah pretty awful in all areas besides rushing in 2019. 

Job never in question a lie?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29376046/make-break-year-josh-allen-progress-report-bills-qb-ahead-2020

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/8/22/21397000/buff-hub-2020-is-a-make-or-break-season-for-josh-allen-buffalo-bills

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1532427346921/buffalo-bills-is-the-2020-season-make-or-break-for-josh-allen

https://www.nflanalysis.net/bills-josh-allen-is-entering-a-make-or-break-season-in-2020/

Edited by nmartinez12443
1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

I'm sorry that you were wrong in the preseason.  It happens.  But, you were wrong.  It's okay.

Thank you I am cool with that, Diggs went against all those factors I mentioned and has looked great. I don't think anyone saw allens passing improve so much from 2019, he was literally passing wise one of the worst.  Ill eat crow, Diggs does look like a top 15 guy right now. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • 2 weeks later...