Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Newton 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BLIND SQUIRREL FINDS NUT. I shall now receive your accolades.

Drafted him as my starter, for $2.  Because I didn't let 2 games played in 2019 mean more to me than the 123 games played in 2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, and '18. This forum lives and dies on

Posted Images

I am not going to believe what I saw today.  How many practices have the Pats had in the past three weeks?  I'm making excuses.  However, Cam cannot be that bad.  They have plenty of weapons to make the offense move.  You can't have a QB throwing terrible passes like Cam was.  Holy hell....he ripped a pass two feet behind someone running a cross......he flat out sucked.  

I am going to either sink or swim with Cam.  Starting for the ROS.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got Matt Ryan as my weekly presumptive starter. If Cam had a cake matchup or the Falcons up against a tough defense, I'd consider rolling Cam out there. 

Pros: generally a good rushing floor. 

Cons: inaccurate, team hasn't been able to practice live much. No downfield threats to speak of.

Brady was not a good fantasy asset in his final year with the Pats, but it's clear he can still play. Cam not being able to produce may say more about his supporting cast than it does about him. I may hold for another week, but that's only because there's nobody I really need from waivers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Held onto him this week because I was afraid of some of the weaker QB teams I'm playing in the next few weeks would use him against me.

Now I welcome them to take a chance on Cam, even in Week 9 vs NYJ.

This'll be one of the more satisfying drops I'll have this season.

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I am not going to believe what I saw today.  How many practices have the Pats had in the past three weeks?  I'm making excuses.  However, Cam cannot be that bad.  They have plenty of weapons to make the offense move.  You can't have a QB throwing terrible passes like Cam was.  Holy hell....he ripped a pass two feet behind someone running a cross......he flat out sucked.  

I am going to either sink or swim with Cam.  Starting for the ROS.  

Scam has never been good throwing the ball. He was always, always overthrowing 6'8 receivers in Carolina. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the #1 most overrated football player of our generation.

Never has such a BAD player repeatedly been thought of or portrated, as being good.

Cam is BAD. He has been BAD for a long long time.

[...]

The guy is just bad. It was obvious BEFORE the season (despite the utter stupidity of most football analysts).

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Heizz said:

This dude is getting dropped (only 1x bad game in PPR).

 

Anything to see here? Or let him ride the wire?


I just dropped him. Yeah, he might have a couple more good games ROS where he runs for 80 yds & 2 TDs, but:

 

1) He looks AWFUL as a real life QB

2) He has no weapons around him in the passing game

3) His floor is too low (less than 0)

4) He might get benched at anytime

 

I’d rather stream.  He does have the Jets next week if that interests you, but I’d rather go with another streamer than trust Cam.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heizz said:

This dude is getting dropped (only 1x bad game in PPR).

 

Anything to see here? Or let him ride the wire?

 

I dropped him for Cousins in a 2 QB league. He's awful in both real life and fantasy. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites

So funny how opinions change so quickly. People claimed that if Cam was playing week 4 the Pats would've beaten KC but yet he's the ''worst player ever'' while having to throw to a bunch of s---y weapons that don't get any separation and a mess of an o-line. He was awful last week but it's not all on him. Wondering why people who call him the most overrated player ever are even in this thread, it's not like you would roster him if that's the case right?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Cam really starts running this week. It's kind of do or die for him and that's his bread and butter. Cam looked so bad I had to go out and acquire Burrow. He gets the nod for me until I see Cam throw for at least 250 yards a couple times before I can trust the guy again. He looked great throwing against Seattle, week D or not, the motion looked good. Can this ship get righted? Bill might just go old school and pound the sh$+ out of the rock. Start Harris this week...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, codyodea said:

I think Cam really starts running this week. It's kind of do or die for him and that's his bread and butter. Cam looked so bad I had to go out and acquire Burrow. He gets the nod for me until I see Cam throw for at least 250 yards a couple times before I can trust the guy again. He looked great throwing against Seattle, week D or not, the motion looked good. Can this ship get righted? Bill might just go old school and pound the sh$+ out of the rock. Start Harris this week...

 

I wouldn't count on it.

Edleman now out with a knee injury. N. Harry currently has a concussion. These two and all other WRs aren't creating any separation at all. 

And oh...there isn't really a TE to speak of.

BUF is actually pretty good at stuffing running QBs so I don't think running is a slam dunk for him. I would think BUF will have a ton of guys at the line of scrimmage. There are just no threats.

Icing on the cake: Weather in Buffalo looks to be ugly with 20+ MPH winds.

I would run away quickly from this situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

 

I wouldn't count on it.

Edleman now out with a knee injury. N. Harry currently has a concussion. These two and all other WRs aren't creating any separation at all. 

And oh...there isn't really a TE to speak of.

BUF is actually pretty good at stuffing running QBs so I don't think running is a slam dunk for him. I would think BUF will have a ton of guys at the line of scrimmage. There are just no threats.

Icing on the cake: Weather in Buffalo looks to be ugly with 20+ MPH winds.

I would run away quickly from this situation.

Hard to argue with this analysis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 7:57 PM, sSektor said:

QBs do in fact need at least somewhat competent WRs to be effective passing the ball. The receiving cast was a terrible joke today. That week 2 game against the Seahawks secondary fooled us.

I Don't care what you have for receiving talent, if you look like a lefty trying to throw righty and bouncing passes off the turf consistently well short or flying over heads of guys your receivers you aren't going to produce... Cam is cooked. He can't throw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 10:41 AM, Heizz said:

This dude is getting dropped (only 1x bad game in PPR).

 

Anything to see here? Or let him ride the wire?

PPR? How many receptions does he have 😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that time some people were all about Cam and thought he was a great QB and that he was going to dominate with the Patriots? Remember when those same people here hated on Brady saying he's cooked and is going to an Arians offense that won't alter at all to fit Brady's style? Good times.

Cam has never been a good passer. He's a good athlete but a TERRIBLE QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...