NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Newton 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Remember that time some people were all about Cam and thought he was a great QB and that he was going to dominate with the Patriots? Remember when those same people here hated on Brady saying he's cooked and is going to an Arians offense that won't alter at all to fit Brady's style? Good times.

Cam has never been a good passer. He's a good athlete but a TERRIBLE QB.

And I'm going to start his terrible arse against the jets, any day

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BLIND SQUIRREL FINDS NUT. I shall now receive your accolades.

Drafted him as my starter, for $2.  Because I didn't let 2 games played in 2019 mean more to me than the 123 games played in 2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, and '18. This forum lives and dies on

Posted Images

On 11/3/2020 at 10:03 AM, ThreadKiller said:

Remember that time some people were all about Cam and thought he was a great QB and that he was going to dominate with the Patriots? Remember when those same people here hated on Brady saying he's cooked and is going to an Arians offense that won't alter at all to fit Brady's style? Good times.

Cam has never been a good passer. He's a good athlete but a TERRIBLE QB.

Of course! Cam is playing with 3rd and 4 string receivers while brady is playing with Godwin, evans, Antonio brown, gronk, fournette, but please carry on with how bad cam has been playing. Give him a number one reciever, just one, not the plethora of weapons like brady currently has, and see how he does. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Swaggy said:

Of course! Cam is playing with 3rd and 4 string receivers while brady is playing with Godwin, evans, Antonio brown, gronk, fournette, but please carry on with how bad cam has been playing. Give him a number one reciever, just one, not the plethora of weapons like brady currently has, and see how he does. [...]

Which week did Brady play with Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Fournette and AB on the field together?

Cam isn't good and I was never excited to get him. Simple as that (this coming from a Patriots fan)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Swaggy said:

How dare you speak the truth? Brady is GOAT! 

You forgot to mention he also has a superior o-line that's been healthy all season.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Swaggy said:

Cam has 190 YPG, 2 TD, 7 INT, 73 Rating.

Brady, on the same exact team nearly same cast threw for 253 YPG, 24 TD, 8 INT, 88 Rating.

In 2006 JP Losman had 191 YPG, 19 TD, 14 INT, 85 Rating.

Cam should try to be better than JP Losman before we mention Tom Brady 😂

Please don’t defend Cam. The dude stands like a statue in the pocket and has no pocket presence. He’s still turning the ball over. It looks like Drew Bledsoe toward the end of his career. With that said, I might roll with him against the Jets. 😬

• Thanks 1

Comparing Brady's weapons to Cam's weapons is irrelevant to the discussion anyway...

-Brady haters said that Brady would be terrible with the roster he was going into in TB because he was "washed up". My original comment was to point out that he has not been. Because of that, the prediction many had here that Brady to TB would be a disaster was a very bad one.

-People said that Cam would be awesome with the roster he was going into in NE. My original comment was to point out that he has not been. Because of that, the prediction that many had here that Cam to NE would be great because Cam is great is also a very bad one.

They are isolated opinions not in direct comparison of each other. It's not complicated.

Cam Newton sucks.

Edited by ThreadKiller
4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

the prediction many had here that Brady to TB would be a disaster was a very bad one.

That prediction was partially based on people believing Belichick has some magical system that allowed a below average QB and undersized reject WRs to consistently perform at a Superbowl contending level.

Some might say he is still running that system all the way in Tampa so Brady doesn't get exposed as a bum.

That being said Cam needs a lot more help and the Pats not trading for a decent WR might be Bill waving the tanking flag.

Edited by sSektor
5 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Comparing Brady's weapons to Cam's weapons is irrelevant to the discussion anyway...

-Brady haters said that Brady would be terrible with the roster he was going into in TB because he was "washed up". My original comment was to point out that he has not been. Because of that, the prediction many had here that Brady to TB would be a disaster was a very bad one.

-People said that Cam would be awesome with the roster he was going into in NE. My original comment was to point out that he has not been. Because of that, the prediction that many had here that Cam to NE would be great because Cam is great is also a very bad one.

They are isolated opinions not in direct comparison of each other. It's not complicated.

Cam Newton sucks.

Cam is struggling because he has 3rd and 4th string weapons he’s passing too, he doesn’t have the weapons like brady at his disposal. And everyone forgetting, brady had the number one defense last year that carried him. He had the worst statistical year last year so even he struggled with this roster. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Swaggy said:

Cam is struggling because he has 3rd and 4th string weapons he’s passing too, he doesn’t have the weapons like brady at his disposal. And everyone forgetting, brady had the number one defense last year that carried him. He had the worst statistical year last year so even he struggled with this roster. [...]

“Get it right?” Hahah ok man. You responded to my post and you clearly don’t understand my post, so why am I the one who needs to “get it right?”

I’ll break it down for you one more time.

Tampa had lots of weapons when Tom signed there. People still predicted he would be terrible and it would be a disaster. It hasn’t been a disaster. He’s been great

Cam Newton joined a Patriots team with poor skill players and a good defense and people predicted he would be an awesome fit and do great things. They still have poor skill players and a solid defense but that prediction was incorrect because Cam Newton sucks. Very little changed since Cam signed. To use the “he has limited weapons” excuse makes no sense because he still had limited weapons when the prediction was made.

It’s not complicated.

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, sSektor said:

That prediction was partially based on people believing Belichick has some magical system that allowed a below average QB and undersized reject WRs to consistently perform at a Superbowl contending level.

Some might say he is still running that system all the way in Tampa so Brady doesn't get exposed as a bum.

That being said Cam needs a lot more help and the Pats not trading for a decent WR might be Bill waving the tanking flag.

Right. Tommy has tons of weapons, but everyone knew that when they predicted Tom in Tampa would be a disaster. Just like we all knew the lack of weapons NE had/has when people predicted Cam to NE would be a success. My point was to poke fun at those incorrect predictions.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It was the Jets.  

If you picked him up to stream for this week, I suggest dropping him before you do something stupid and end up in the Vent & Rant thread.

He's on pace for his career high 17 rushing TDs which seems completely unsustainable. Seems like its going to be a challenge for him to reach 200 yards and 1 passing TD most weeks. Tough schedule coming too outside of a great matchup vs Houston in week 11.

16 minutes ago, DM45 said:

ESPN and Yahoo have Cam with a high projected point value this week(at least highest on the waivers) are you guys buying into it?

against the Texans most definitely.

The Pats are back in the playoff picture after the win over the Ravens but they still have to go on a bit of a run and this seems like one of the games they’ll need to win. Unless Damien Harris has a ridiculous rushing day I think Cam should finish with a pretty solid stat line.

He’s a perfect bye week fill in for Josh Allen owners.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If a team signs Cam next year to be an “offensive weapon “, pseudo 2nd or 3rd string QB who can come in a touch the ball 6-8 times a game I think he can still be pretty effective.(ala Taysom Hill)  He looked good running the ball this year. But his days of starting QB should definitely be over. His throwing was awful. I could see him as a good backup option in a run heavy offense like San Fran or Baltimore