NBC Sports Edge Forums

TY Hilton 2020 Outlook

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guy had 9 targets week one and played 90% of snaps. Week 2 he had 5 targets and 50% of snaps and the game was over before it began. Hard to make sweeping conclusions about him. If he catches that

This guy seems pretty optimistic ROS for Hilton.   

Or he had a bad two games and he’s due for positive regression to the mean. Also, their second best receiver is out indefinitely so more opportunities to come.    hope it works out for you but

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Doesnt rivers have a noodle arm now?

Really surprised he signed in indiana though.

Not really - he can still sling an accurate deep ball.  The real knock on him now is he needs good blocking to buy him the time to make those throws. Obviously the Colts will give him that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Doesnt rivers have a noodle arm now?

Really surprised he signed in indiana though.

Played behind the 29th ranked O-Line last year and had lots of problems.  Year before that I think that line ranked somewhere in the middle and he went 12-4  🤷‍♂️ .   Think Rivers has a few years left in the tank and this is a HUGE upgrade for their offense over Brissett.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kdko said:

Played behind the 29th ranked O-Line last year and had lots of problems.  Year before that I think that line ranked somewhere in the middle and he went 12-4  🤷‍♂️ .   Think Rivers has a few years left in the tank and this is a HUGE upgrade for their offense over Brissett.

Trubisky went 12-4 too though...

Liking Hilton here, similar to the first post.  Rivers is Winstonesque- lots of slingin to go around and I feel good about high scoring games in that division.  Hilton just needs to get healthy, still one of my favorites.  

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Nothing on TY since March itt. Last update on RW on Hilton was on Aug 12 stating that he had been activated from the NFI list. 

Obviously at age 30, there are concerns about Hilton after last year's lost season, primarily due to soft-tissue issues. How are guys feeling about him this year? Should we expect 12-14 games from him...or a full season? When he plays, what are the expectations? He seems like a guy that is good to have as a WR3/Flex, but probably not someone you'd want to have to count on as a WR2 before injuries and bye weeks are taken into account. 

Most places seem to either have him as a low-end WR2, or a high-end WR3 at this point. 

Edited by Flyman75
20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Nothing on TY since March itt. Last update on RW on Hilton was on Aug 12 stating that he had been activated from the NFI list. 

Obviously at age 30, there are concerns about Hilton after last year's lost season, primarily due to soft-tissue issues. How are guys feeling about him this year? Should we expect 12-14 games from him...or a full season? When he plays, what are the expectations? He seems like a guy that is good to have as a WR3/Flex, but probably not someone you'd want to have to count on as a WR2 before injuries and bye weeks are taken into account. 

Most places seem to either have him as a low-end WR2, or a high-end WR3 at this point. 

I'd say round 6/7 is where id be comfortable taking him, in my 12 team league i have Dak at QB and Brady on the bench - got offered Hilton for Brady str8 up, so seems like there is some profit to be had here with Rivers in town with everyone scared of the injuries 

Edited by kmoore1521
9 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

A healthy TY is a instant WR1. ESPECIALLY with Rivers. I like that upside and targeting him. A real value at his ADP. just fingers crossed he stays healthy 

I think WR1 is stretching it, even with a fully healthy 16 games. He's been a WR1 twice in his career (2014 and 2016), and he was in age 27 season in 2016. I think the best that can be hoped for is a mid-range WR2. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I think WR1 is stretching it, even with a fully healthy 16 games. He's been a WR1 twice in his career (2014 and 2016), and he was in age 27 season in 2016. I think the best that can be hoped for is a mid-range WR2. 

LOL Blasphemy 

I just see the lack of TDs keeping him from being in the WR1 conversation, even if he stays healthy all season. I don't see him getting the volume the vault him into the top 10-12 WRs in the league. Jmho. I'd be happy with 80-1200-6 from him, and I'm not so sure that puts him in the WR1 range. 

56 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I just see the lack of TDs keeping him from being in the WR1 conversation, even if he stays healthy all season. I don't see him getting the volume the vault him into the top 10-12 WRs in the league. Jmho. I'd be happy with 80-1200-6 from him, and I'm not so sure that puts him in the WR1 range. 

If BRISSETT was still the QB then I wouldnt be so High on Hilton. I dunno. I just see Rivers peppering TY alot. Rivers is definitely a upgrade at QB and I see Hilton and Hines having a big year. 

6 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

If BRISSETT was still the QB then I wouldnt be so High on Hilton. I dunno. I just see Rivers peppering TY alot. Rivers is definitely a upgrade at QB and I see Hilton and Hines having a big year. 

Big upgrade for sure at QB. And I agree about Hines, which is why I drafted him late in both of my leagues. I think he could have stand-alone value as a Flex with Rivers at QB. With Hilton, I'm less bullish because I see him also wanting to get Pittman and Campbell involved. But I hope I'm very wrong, LOL. I'd love to see Hilton give us 14-16 healthy games and Rivers turn him into a WR1...or even a high-end WR2. 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Flyman75 said:

I didn't start him, but I was hoping to at least see Hilton put up some numbers on my bench. Five targets turning into 3-28-0 and only 42 snaps compared to Pittman's 67 and Pascal's 59 was pretty disappointing. 

He's a drop. Don't even think he's the WR2 on this team anymore, let alone WR1. Past his prime, tons of injuries over the year. Don't think he has the stuff anymore. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

He's a drop. Don't even think he's the WR2 on this team anymore, let alone WR1. Past his prime, tons of injuries over the year. Don't think he has the stuff anymore. 

Didn't he drop a 44 yard TD? I mean I'm probably not playing him, but I'm not going to straight drop him.