NBC Sports Edge Forums

TY Hilton 2020 Outlook

These last 2 games have come in completely positive game scripts against the worst, most anemic QBs (Cousins, Darnold). The 2 guys hurt the most by these last 2 positive game scripts, are TY Hilton and Nyheim Hines.

Better days are coming for TY when the Colts face some GOOD QBs. (same for Hines)

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 2
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guy had 9 targets week one and played 90% of snaps. Week 2 he had 5 targets and 50% of snaps and the game was over before it began. Hard to make sweeping conclusions about him. If he catches that

This guy seems pretty optimistic ROS for Hilton.   

Or he had a bad two games and he’s due for positive regression to the mean. Also, their second best receiver is out indefinitely so more opportunities to come.    hope it works out for you but

Posted Images

I agree with the above. Game 1 was hugely disappointing. Weeks 2 and 3 have both seen less than 60% of snaps I'm sure. Once Colts are in games that aren't won early he will be targeted more often. Chicago next is one where I'll feel ready to judge if he flops there too. 

28 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

These last 2 games have come in completely positive game scripts against the worst, most anemic QBs (Cousins, Darnold). The 2 guys hurt the most by these last 2 positive game scripts, are TY Hilton and Nyheim Hines.

Better days are coming for TY when the Colts face some GOOD QBs. (same for Hines)

Agreed. I'm disappointed so far, but I'm giving it some time for the connection to develop. Rivers has always had a "go-to" guy whether it was Vincent Jackson or Keenan Allen. I still believe TY will be his new guy.

lol i'm highly considering shopping this guy but i know he will break that 14 game streak under 100 yards right away if i do

can't start this guy, trading him would be selling at his absolute lowest value.. 

yes, the colts haven't had to throw much the past 2 games, but their upcoming games (chi, cle, cin, bye) don't look like high volume passing games for the colts either. just gotta hope TY and rivers find a connection soon

22 minutes ago, johnwallin said:

lol i'm highly considering shopping this guy but i know he will break that 14 game streak under 100 yards right away if i do

can't start this guy, trading him would be selling at his absolute lowest value.. 

yes, the colts haven't had to throw much the past 2 games, but their upcoming games (chi, cle, cin, bye) don't look like high volume passing games for the colts either. just gotta hope TY and rivers find a connection soon

You better be a pretty good used car salesman if you’re selling TY right now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

You better be a pretty good used car salesman if you’re selling TY right now.  

yeah, ideally i would be sending him off in a package so i don't have to deal with his a** anymore haha. nothing i love more than selling at the bottom

• Like 1

Rivers is flat out atrocious. Saw him throw (with a perfect pocket) multiple 10 yard passes into the dirt, coming up short of his intended target. He cannot throw, no pass catcher on this team will have any week to week value.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

Rivers is flat out atrocious. Saw him throw (with a perfect pocket) multiple 10 yard passes into the dirt, coming up short of his intended target. He cannot throw, no pass catcher on this team will have any week to week value.

Manning gave his noodle arm to Rivers. 

Aside from that, I've barely even seen footage of Hilton running routes. Think he's just done, tbh. Injuries can pile up and start to impact a players abilities. 

11 hours ago, Sternes said:

You don't want ANY player in this offense.  Defense is good enough to keep any game close. The offense just has to squeak past every week.

rivers isn't good - he's washed they rarely sustain long drives.  run run floaty pass that's it.  TY seemed to get missed a few times he was open.

11 hours ago, shaolincage said:

I didn't watch the game but what is seriously up with Hilton? He should be getting all these opportunities since Campbell and Pittman are out but he has been super subpar. Is it just the offensive scheme or was he just ranked too highly

Rivers isn't throwing a ton but when he throws to TY he overthrows him or underthrows him.  His accuracy is next to nothing.  TY doesn't look slow or anything just not being heavily targeted.

2 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

Rivers isn't throwing a ton but when he throws to TY he overthrows him or underthrows him.  His accuracy is next to nothing.  TY doesn't look slow or anything just not being heavily targeted.

Noticed this a lot. TY was getting a ton of separation and Rivers just straight up missed him.

• Like 1