NBC Sports EDGE Forums

TY Hilton 2020 Outlook

boshtrich17

It looks to be a combination of 3 things. 1. TY being past his prime 2. Phillip Rivers being a terrible QB 3. Colts defense being excellent. This isn't like AJ Green who just looks 100% washed. He's a TD or bust WR3/Flex if that at this point sadly. I'm not dropping him for the usual WW garbage, but if there's someone similar to Tee Higgins, I'd drop for sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

It looks to be a combination of 3 things. 1. TY being past his prime 2. Phillip Rivers being a terrible QB 3. Colts defense being excellent. This isn't like AJ Green who just looks 100% washed. He's a TD or bust WR3/Flex if that at this point sadly. I'm not dropping him for the usual WW garbage, but if there's someone similar to Tee Higgins, I'd drop for sure.

that's fair but i think the primary culprits are 2 and 3.  TY still looks fine maybe a little slower - i still see him getting separation but Philip was missing him with those duck throws.  Philip Rivers being  terrible might be the strongest overall factor.  this is a run first defense team with a washed QB and this makes TY bench/waiver wire fodder.

I still have hope

Week 1 - a few drops 

Week 2 - dropped a 44 yard TD 

Week 3 - Didn’t need him in a blowout

Week 4 - Could have had a 45 yard-ish TD. He toasted CB Fuller on double move so badly that Fuller had to deliberately grab him

Also stats don’t show (not sure if there’s a next gen stuff for this) who was the quarterback’s first read and from what I’ve seen, Rivers has looked his way (or in his direction) enough for me to believe he’ll produce enough to be fantasy relevant with decent upside with Rivers at QB + dominant Offensive line. 

Im going to wait at least two more weeks to see if Rivers will look his way vs Browns and Denzel Ward on one-on-one situation and hopefully a rather competitive game vs Burrow and Bengals in dome at home. 

Edited by Jack Valentine

7 hours ago, Jack Valentine said:

I still have hope

Week 1 - a few drops 

Week 2 - dropped a 44 yard TD 

Week 3 - Didn’t need him in a blowout

Week 4 - Could have had a 45 yard-ish TD. He toasted CB Fuller on double move so badly that Fuller had to deliberately grab him

Also stats don’t show (not sure if there’s a next gen stuff for this) who was the quarterback’s first read and from what I’ve seen, Rivers has looked his way (or in his direction) enough for me to believe he’ll produce enough to be fantasy relevant with decent upside with Rivers at QB + dominant Offensive line. 

Im going to wait at least two more weeks to see if Rivers will look his way vs Browns and Denzel Ward on one-on-one situation and hopefully a rather competitive game vs Burrow and Bengals in dome at home. 

I agree. He’s let his grandma down twice now, but I’m still holding.

The Colts having a great defense seems to be playing a big part as well. They just don’t need to use Rivers up when the defense isn’t even letting teams score.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trolltoll said:

Reluctantly playing this fool as a stand-in for Jonnu in my flex. (Already got Diggs and Henry in so needed to hedge a little if game is cancelled). If he doesn't have a decent line this game it'll be drop city.

Probably exceeded your expectations but it just feels gross owning him. 

19 hours ago, smeeze said:

Probably exceeded your expectations but it just feels gross owning him. 

Yep. I was so ready to drop, but now he just did barely enough to have to think about it. Maybe they look towards a new QB that could put life back into the situation. Rivers needs to retire, go home, and take care of his 12 kids.

Edited by trolltoll
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, njfoses said:

Why am i holding this guy?

Same reason I was.

I'm dropping him this week.  He is purely on rosters based on name value only at this point.   He doesn't even have trade value.... I mean maybe if you needed a kicker and another owner had 2 kickers.

Like others have said, he just looks like he has nothing left in the tank.

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Had a TD called back if I’m not mistaken.

But otherwise, yeah, he’s about to be someone else's problem.

Can’t foresee any scenario where I’d be starting him this season.

I mean even with the TD Rivers threw for 350 and Hilton had one catch for 11 yards in a perfect game script. Pathetic.  

• Like 1

It’s hard to give up on a 94% (week 6) snap share WR. I’ve watched the OC discuss this past week that they are designing plays for him, but they won’t force it to him either. TY himself sounded super frustrated in his own interview.

I’m personally stashing him on my bench. Opportunity is still there.

On 10/19/2020 at 12:55 AM, TonyRomo said:

It’s hard to give up on a 94% (week 6) snap share WR. I’ve watched the OC discuss this past week that they are designing plays for him, but they won’t force it to him either. TY himself sounded super frustrated in his own interview.

The thing that has me puzzled is that he has both starting wideouts out with injuries making him the de facto lead receiver but he doesn’t produce still. Not sure if it’s the offense or his lack of rapport with Rivers but I’m going to have a tough time figuring out whether to drop him or not these next few hours 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:55 AM, TonyRomo said:

I agree with this. He's gotta snap out of it you'd think. Too many snaps to keep getting nothing. Very puzzling

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Does Rivers hate him? Dude fell off the cliff. Perplexing indeed.

He almost scores a TD every week. They get called back, he drops them, etc. Rivers and him just can't get on the same page. He's dropped a lot of passes this year. I haven't really liked the direction his career has been going for a while though personally. He wasn't a consideration for me. I don't say that because I knew this would happen, I say this because there was simply way too many young ascending receivers going where he was being drafted. 

1 minute ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He almost scores a TD every week. They get called back, he drops them, etc. Rivers and him just can't get on the same page.

This is good to know. I don't get to watch many Indy games. They're never on here and RZ ya know only shows so much. At least there's opportunities it's sounding like and it's maybe only a matter of time. 

So maybe it's not a terrible idea to buy on the extremely low or maybe some leagues he'll be cut if not already.