NBC Sports Edge Forums

TY Hilton 2020 Outlook

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guy had 9 targets week one and played 90% of snaps. Week 2 he had 5 targets and 50% of snaps and the game was over before it began. Hard to make sweeping conclusions about him. If he catches that

This guy seems pretty optimistic ROS for Hilton.   

Or he had a bad two games and he’s due for positive regression to the mean. Also, their second best receiver is out indefinitely so more opportunities to come.    hope it works out for you but

Posted Images

I have no idea what to make of him or do here. Would love to hear from Colts fans or someone who's at least watched a lot of their games including the recent explosion. Is he moving differently or what? I was sure he was washed. 

Owning Pittman makes it even more important to understand these past 2 games. 

2 hours ago, Drewfus said:

I have no idea what to make of him or do here. Would love to hear from Colts fans or someone who's at least watched a lot of their games including the recent explosion. Is he moving differently or what? I was sure he was washed. 

Owning Pittman makes it even more important to understand these past 2 games. 

He looked good in the last two games I watched.... probably just scheming him into the game plan more now. I still think he's the typical 4 or 5 for 40-50 type of receiver right now, he just happens to be catching the TD with it as well. Colts are a tricky team to rely on. As soon as you think a guy is hot, he'll flop on you. Also had a good a matchup. I'd ride the streak though, he does have some more favorable match ups until he hits Pittsburgh. 

• Thanks 1

I saw something last week that showed that he still has it but would be better suited for the slot. I have not seen him much this year, but it looks like he played a good amount in the slot last game. Was this new or he has been playing in the slot?

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Y’all, just fair warning he owns the Texans. He literally warn a clown mask and roasted them in the playoffs. He does look good, but Just a heads up. 

He gets the Texans again soon!

On 12/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, A27K said:

He looked good in the last two games I watched.... probably just scheming him into the game plan more now.

I just watched his highlight reel from the last 2 games.  I was expecting some flukish big plays in there, but that wasn't at all what I saw.  It looked like they were scheming for him on important plays and Rivers was aggressively targeting him even when he wasn't wide open.

Even in his heyday, he was inconsistent.  But he's a good play this week and next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I just watched his highlight reel from the last 2 games.  I was expecting some flukish big plays in there, but that wasn't at all what I saw.  It looked like they were scheming for him on important plays and Rivers was aggressively targeting him even when he wasn't wide open.

Even in his heyday, he was inconsistent.  But he's a good play this week and next.

What I'd love to know is the primary reason this hadn't happened all year until now. Was it more about Rivers or Hilton? Was it just a chemistry thing? The playcalling to some extent maybe? 

Wish I had the time to watch some of the previous games. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Drewfus said:

What I'd love to know is the primary reason this hadn't happened all year until now. Was it more about Rivers or Hilton? Was it just a chemistry thing? The playcalling to some extent maybe?

I'm wondering the same thing.  For what it's worth, Hilton injured his groin in Week 8.

Phillip Rivers has been much better since the Week 7 bye.   Maybe Reich made some adjustments during the bye.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Icehot15 said:

Can Hilton be trusted this week? So torn on if I’m just chasing points. Conflicting messaging on Hilton this week from the analysts

Whats the bad info as far as analysts? 

I am likely to play him after not playing him during his breakout weeks and the one constant of my 2020 season is chasing points and playing a guy too late. So maybe that will help with your analysis. 

6 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

Whats the bad info as far as analysts? 

I am likely to play him after not playing him during his breakout weeks and the one constant of my 2020 season is chasing points and playing a guy too late. So maybe that will help with your analysis. 

That he was a huge bust all year and that his best game was against a bad Houston D who he historically plays well against. Rivers should be throwing which keeps him in play for me but I’m not sure whether to buy the recent production or not

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Icehot15 said:

That he was a huge bust all year and that his best game was against a bad Houston D who he historically plays well against. Rivers should be throwing which keeps him in play for me but I’m not sure whether to buy the recent production or not

Tough for me because I’ve always been a big TY fan. On the one hand, one could argue he’s finally getting down chemistry with Rivers, and combined with his talent, the nice production should hopefully continue. On the other hand, it’s 2 outlier games. 

56 minutes ago, blazehound said:

Over who?

12 minutes ago, Icehot15 said:

Can Hilton be trusted this week? ...

I like Hilton has a 3rd WR in 12-team leagues where you start three or as a possible flex (2nd flex especially) play.  I wouldn't rush to start him over top-20 type options are or anything like that.  

He's perfect for the "joker" role in a lineup.  And you don't pick the "joker" because you "trust" him, you do it for that smashing upside.  I'm using him as a 2nd flex in a 12-teamer redraft this week and as a 5th WR (it's 3 WR / 2 Flex) in a dynasty league.

5 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

Tough for me because I’ve always been a big TY fan. On the one hand, one could argue he’s finally getting down chemistry with Rivers, and combined with his talent, the nice production should hopefully continue. On the other hand, it’s 2 outlier games. 

Exactly. That’s the dilemma. Want to guess right this week on Hilton. Outlier vs finally able to be relied on. Colts have high team total too this week

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I like Hilton has a 3rd WR in 12-team leagues where you start three or as a possible flex (2nd flex especially) play.  I wouldn't rush to start him over top-20 type options are or anything like that.  

He's perfect for the "joker" role in a lineup.  And you don't pick the "joker" because you "trust" him, you do it for that smashing upside.  I'm using him as a 2nd flex in a 12-teamer redraft this week and as a 5th WR (it's 3 WR / 2 Flex) in a dynasty league.

Agreed.

I would only feel comfortable starting him as a WR3/4 boom or bust type option.

3 hours ago, Icehot15 said:

Exactly. That’s the dilemma. Want to guess right this week on Hilton. Outlier vs finally able to be relied on. Colts have high team total too this week

Just given TY’s talent level and history, I personally am giving him the benefit of the doubt that his struggles were more due to new QB (and the injury in there too) and thinking things may come together and am starting him in my second flex spot. But I don’t have great options to put in there either obviously and might just be talking myself into a bad decision.