NBC Sports Edge Forums

TY Hilton 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, vikesrube said:

Just given TY’s talent level and history, I personally am giving him the benefit of the doubt that his struggles were more due to new QB (and the injury in there too) and thinking things may come together and am starting him in my second flex spot. But I don’t have great options to put in there either obviously and might just be talking myself into a bad decision. 

I'm with ya due to Julio. Let's hope it was rivers for the first 70% of the season lol. TY def has juice left as seen these last couple weeks. Hopefully the momentum doesn't die off

• Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guy had 9 targets week one and played 90% of snaps. Week 2 he had 5 targets and 50% of snaps and the game was over before it began. Hard to make sweeping conclusions about him. If he catches that

This guy seems pretty optimistic ROS for Hilton.   

Or he had a bad two games and he’s due for positive regression to the mean. Also, their second best receiver is out indefinitely so more opportunities to come.    hope it works out for you but

Posted Images

I waited one more week to see if there was proof in the puddin' and now I'm going to regret it.  I'll look to flex him next week and hoping he continues this trend!  They're definitely figuring it out.

Here is one take on Hilton this weekend. I hope it is prophetic:

He went from playing 94 percent of the snaps before the bye week, to playing 60-73 percent of the snaps in the five games since. Here’s the thing… it’s working. His production has been on the rise, particularly over the last three weeks where he’s racked up 23 targets, 17 receptions, 277 yards, and four touchdowns in them. The Texans are one of three teams (Cowboys and Vikings are others) who’ve allowed wide receivers 2.0-plus PPR points per target, and keep in mind that 80 percent of that includes Bradley Roby in the secondary (he’s suspended for the rest of the season). When these two teams met just a couple of weeks ago, Hilton had his best game since Week 1 of 2019, scoring 25.0 PPR points. The matchup with Vernon Hargreaves and Keion Crossen is just too good to pass up. On the year, they’ve allowed 56-of-80 passing for 702 yards and four touchdowns in their coverage, and that’s not even while covering No. 1 receivers (Roby was). Hilton’s played well enough to be inserted into your lineup as a low-end WR2/high-end WR3 this week.

54 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Here is one take on Hilton this weekend. I hope it is prophetic:

He went from playing 94 percent of the snaps before the bye week, to playing 60-73 percent of the snaps in the five games since. Here’s the thing… it’s working. His production has been on the rise, particularly over the last three weeks where he’s racked up 23 targets, 17 receptions, 277 yards, and four touchdowns in them. The Texans are one of three teams (Cowboys and Vikings are others) who’ve allowed wide receivers 2.0-plus PPR points per target, and keep in mind that 80 percent of that includes Bradley Roby in the secondary (he’s suspended for the rest of the season). When these two teams met just a couple of weeks ago, Hilton had his best game since Week 1 of 2019, scoring 25.0 PPR points. The matchup with Vernon Hargreaves and Keion Crossen is just too good to pass up. On the year, they’ve allowed 56-of-80 passing for 702 yards and four touchdowns in their coverage, and that’s not even while covering No. 1 receivers (Roby was). Hilton’s played well enough to be inserted into your lineup as a low-end WR2/high-end WR3 this week.

Where is this from? WR3? I can't see starting 24 other WR's this week over Hilton smh. He's in a smash spot and is playing lights out.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Where is this from? WR3? I can't see starting 24 other WR's this week over Hilton smh. He's in a smash spot and is playing lights out.

That's Tagliere's Primer.  But Tageliere's own rankings have Hilton as WR20.

I put Hilton a little higher.  He's a mid-to-high WR2 this week.

53 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

People are very quick to forget an entire season of waiver-level play.

That said, there are a few things in life that are certain: death, taxes and T.Y. Houston lighting up the Texans. Easy WR2 this week.

Lol I haven't forgotten, but injuries/busts have plagued my WR core so Hilton is my WR1/2 and I feel pretty good about it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MingusDew said:

People are very quick to forget an entire season of waiver-level play.

I don't think anyones forgetting. It's more what are you doing now for me. And that's the only thing that matters going forward. Week 1-12 or whatever, mean nothing anymore...