NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marlon Mack 2020 Outlook

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What are you trying to say here? You will own him or you won't own him?

hmmm I think you may be lost bro.... this is the MACK HYPE THREAD.  Mack is about to be the d*mn steal of the draft. He's bout to beast. JT is gonna fumble 3 times vs the Jags and hit the be

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2020/08/29/colts-chris-ballard-blasts-former-nfl-gm-criticism-marlon-mack/ “Let me say this, watch the freakin’ tape. You can’t tweet on things if you are not…that’s w

24 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Not sure and I don't own any shares of either so this is a completely unbiased opinion - Taylor is just more talented. I'm trying to acquire Taylor before he clearly takes over the backfield and vaults up the rankings.

Just curious, but with Taylor's ADP of 38.0, who would you theoretically be willing to give up to acquire him?  In my eyes, it's quite a risk for an unknown commodity, especially with Mack still in play.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Just curious, but with Taylor's ADP of 38.0, who would you theoretically be willing to give up to acquire him?  In my eyes, it's quite a risk for an unknown commodity, especially with Mack still in play.

Well not to get too much into bench coach stuff I ended up WR heavy in the league I'm looking to acquire him and I am considering trying to trade either Allen Robinson or Ridley for him. I know either would be an overpay, and I would rather move Robinson than Ridley. But when you are heavy at WR (have Nuk also) and desperate for RBs you gotta do what you gotta do. Maybe I'm wrong on this situation, IDK. I did realize I do own Mack in one league and I was pretty glad to see that after seeing your tweet above on the vote of confidence in him.

Can’t tell u exactly when but JT will eventually take over this backfield and be the workhorse, it shouldn’t take very long. The talent will be so evident come game day compared to what Mack offers. Colts have the #1 Oline in the league and getting JT to the 2nd and 3rd level is going to be a fun thing to watch. I’m grabbing JT everywhere. The rest of u can watch from the sidelines.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

Can’t tell u exactly when but JT will eventually take over this backfield and be the workhorse, it shouldn’t take very long. The talent will be so evident come game day compared to what Mack offers. Colts have the #1 Oline in the league and getting JT to the 2nd and 3rd level is going to be a fun thing to watch. I’m grabbing JT everywhere. The rest of u can watch from the sidelines.

hmmm I think you may be lost bro.... this is the MACK HYPE THREAD. 

Mack is about to be the d*mn steal of the draft. He's bout to beast.

JT is gonna fumble 3 times vs the Jags and hit the bench for the following 15 games.

Let's Goooo, all aboard the MACK TRUCK!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I’ve had Marlon Mack last couple of years and won’t never own again (DND LIST) he has a couple boom games and that’s it. To undependable and injury prone for my taste, he’s a JAG behind a great oline. Since he’s been in the league he finished 2019 #22RB, 2018 #21RB, 2017 RB#46. Far from a steal of the draft with those finishes. Better luck hitting on a lottery ticket or a waiver TBH. JT’s talents will be evident in the very 1st game and it will be his backfield within a few games, Mack if healthy or not traded will only spell JT when he needs a break here and there. Book that Bud.

20 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I’ve had Marlon Mack last couple of years and won’t never own again (DND LIST) he has a couple boom games and that’s it. To undependable and injury prone for my taste, he’s a JAG behind a great oline. Since he’s been in the league he finished 2019 #22RB, 2018 #21RB, 2017 RB#46. Far from a steal of the draft with those finishes. Better luck hitting on a lottery ticket or a waiver TBH. JT’s talents will be evident in the very 1st game and it will be his backfield within a few games, Mack if healthy or not traded will only spell JT when he needs a break here and there. Book that Bud.

Dude had over 1100 yds and 8tds thats not bad bro...

36 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

"Book that Bud" lol ok Bud. 

You did seem especially passionate about JT, as well as anti-Mack, so that makes sense that you have a (not very good) history with Mack. 

And while I appreciate you sharing your experience here, we all know he's not a top 10 guy, and we likely got him in the 100s. We get it, Taylor's the back to own (although in the 4th round is risky imo), that's pretty clear. So I don't think there's much of a need to come in here and spout off about JT every other comment. There's a JT thread for that ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

I’m grabbing JT everywhere. The rest of u can watch from the sidelines.

Ya man, you're totally the only person who wants to draft JT! We'll all be cheering for you from the sidelines!

• Haha 4
45 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Ya man, you're totally the only person who wants to draft JT! We'll all be cheering for you from the sidelines!

If you get JT though, that means all of your league mates are on the sidelines.

6 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Since he’s been in the league he finished 2019 #22RB, 2018 #21RB, 2017 RB#46. Far from a steal of the draft with those finishes

Maybe not the steal if the draft, but I'm perfectly fine getting rb2ish level production out of where the dude is being drafted even if it's just for the first couple of weeks.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

"Book that Bud" lol ok Bud. 

You did seem especially passionate about JT, as well as anti-Mack, so that makes sense that you have a (not very good) history with Mack. 

And while I appreciate you sharing your experience here, we all know he's not a top 10 guy, and we likely got him in the 100s. We get it, Taylor's the back to own (although in the 4th round is risky imo), that's pretty clear. So I don't think there's much of a need to come in here and spout off about JT every other comment. There's a JT thread for that ;)

1st off I’ll spout off anywhere anytime

2nd Taylor will be a Top 10 RB from week 4 till end of year easily. Think ahead dumb dumb

3rd If your depending on Marlon Mack to be ur RB2 😂 ur in big trouble, I got Taylor as my RB3/Flex and he will own tha backfield by week 4

Edited by Tomei7
1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

Wha??? What part don’t understand?! Marlon Mack is a JAG behind an Elite Oline, owned him for 2yrs, “WILL NEVER OWN AGAIN”!!

Mack was the 16th best RB last year in standard at 11.81 FPG and 4.4 YPC even after missing 2 games. He ranked 12th in terms of overall consistency and 10th finishing as a RB1 in 50% of his games. He was 6th in league at 51 runs of 15mph or more, only behind RB’s Cook, AJones and McCaffrey. He was also 4th in the league with the most 1st downs (67) behind only Zeke, Carson and Henry. How much more were you expecting out of a guy who’s ADP was 42 last year? 

Anyway, your boy JT on the other hand is highly overrated imo. You mentioned the Colts O-Line, Wisconsin’s O-Line is perennially one of the best in the country. Look up JT’s stats against some of the big games/top D lines....not so good. 18 fumbles in 41 games, can’t catch very well and is a poor pass blocker. But hey, you do your thing and trade a 3rd rounder for him. Unless you’re in a dynasty league, I’d say Good luck to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

1st off I’ll spout off anywhere anytime

2nd Taylor will be a Top 10 RB from week 4 till end of year easily. Think ahead dumb dumb

3rd If your depending on Marlon Mack to be ur RB2 😂 ur in big trouble, I got Taylor as my RB3/Flex and he will own tha backfield by week 4

1st okok guy, sheesh, no need to get hostile

2nd I agree, JT will be #1 RB of all times. I guess I really am a dumb dumb 😕  

3rd my team is in my signature, and since he's not better than Josh Jacobs he's not my RB2. He's not better than Kareem Hunt, so not my RB3. Probably not better than Mostert either. Maybe he's better than Zack Moss? In that case, Mack's something like my RB5. I do however appreciate your "TaYLoRs mY rB3" flex. Keep going hard bro

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Don't understand how this guy's ADP was so low and JT was so high.  Does not make sense. 

Flashy new car. People get caught up in the hype, but fail to analyze the team makeup. Funny how Ingram/Dobbins went 4th/7th, yet this was the reversal. That’s why I maintain Mack will be one of the better steals this year when you consider ADP. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

1st okok guy, sheesh, no need to get hostile

2nd I agree, JT will be #1 RB of all times. I guess I really am a dumb dumb 😕  

3rd my team is in my signature, and since he's not better than Josh Jacobs he's not my RB2. He's not better than Kareem Hunt, so not my RB3. Probably not better than Mostert either. Maybe he's better than Zack Moss? In that case, Mack's something like my RB5. I do however appreciate your "TaYLoRs mY rB3" flex. Keep going hard bro

Mack’s ur RB5 but yet ur in a Marlon Mack thread ohhhh ok....foh

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

Mack was the 16th best RB last year in standard at 11.81 FPG and 4.4 YPC even after missing 2 games. He ranked 12th in terms of overall consistency and 10th finishing as a RB1 in 50% of his games. He was 6th in league at 51 runs of 15mph or more, only behind RB’s Cook, AJones and McCaffrey. He was also 4th in the league with the most 1st downs (67) behind only Zeke, Carson and Henry. How much more were you expecting out of a guy who’s ADP was 42 last year? 

Anyway, your boy JT on the other hand is highly overrated imo. You mentioned the Colts O-Line, Wisconsin’s O-Line is perennially one of the best in the country. Look up JT’s stats against some of the big games/top D lines....not so good. 18 fumbles in 41 games, can’t catch very well and is a poor pass blocker. But hey, you do your thing and trade a 3rd rounder for him. Unless you’re in a dynasty league, I’d say Good luck to you. 

Blah Blah Blah....Mack is an RB3 on his best day, he has never cracked the Top 20 RB since he been in the league behind an elite Oline, and injury prone at that, that says a lot. Keep hoping and dreaming. Redraft or Dynasty I will always prefer JT in the 3-4th over JAG Mack in the whatever rounds u drafted him in. 

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Those with eyes to see don't see the JAG you speak of -- Run of the Year ⬆️

On 11/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, Spina said:

I'm pretty sure that Mack TD was one of the best runs of the year.

• Like 1
On 9/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, TTo34 said:

Nobody. You can't buy Taylor low yet and if you weren't willing to spend a 3rd rounder on him in the draft then ur not gona be willing to give that much for him now.