NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

How are we feeling about our boy Mikey?

Some analysts have him as a Buy-Low, other's a Sell-High. His production has been kept afloat by an unsustainable TD rate and he's played through injury literally all season. My gut feeling tells me Evans gets healthy and has an even bigger second half of the season. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QUICK EVERYONE GET IN HERE GODWIN FRACTURED FINGER WE BACK 

.....and Evans murdered him. 1)  Evans gets past the initial contact and gets open for a catch. 2) Evans burns him bad. Brady underthrows Evans.  Even the announcers say, "Well Bradberry was

You can’t question his toughness. He’s a warrior out there.

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

How are we feeling about our boy Mikey?

Some analysts have him as a Buy-Low, other's a Sell-High. His production has been kept afloat by an unsustainable TD rate and he's played through injury literally all season. My gut feeling tells me Evans gets healthy and has an even bigger second half of the season. 

Buy low due to injury concerns only. Or is this because Godwin is supposed to be back soon?

Who would you be selling him high for? He’s the WR13 in PPR leagues...

I think if anything these last few weeks have been his floor.

He's still building a repertoire with Brady, he's played hurt through 3 weeks now, and Godwin being out means teams can completely shadow him coverage wise. Personally, I traded Evans a couple weeks ago because I got an offer I can't refuse, but I do think he explodes in the second half IF he gets healthy. People keep saying the TDs are unsustainable, but honestly, week after week it's looking like a sustainable trend. The second the Bucs are in the redzone, Brady is laser focused on Evans, easy target with that huge body and being one of the best contested catch receivers in the game.

My prediction is even with Godwin back he gets around 6-9 targets per game and averages 70-90 yards, with fairly high likelihood of a TD week to week. Super high ceiling with those 2 TD games.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2

No way should you sell him unless you get a Vito Corleone type offer. Godwin coming back will actually help him. Also, Bucs don’t have their BYE until week 13 so you can count on him every week during the regular fantasy season and he gets a week of rest just before the fantasy playoffs begin. He faces the Falcons and Lions (both indoors so no chance of bad weather) in the fantasy playoffs too. Just a reminder. 👍

• Like 3
On 10/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, trilly said:

Along with the iffy ankle, anyone else nervous about the shadow coverage from Alexander this weekend? He's PFF's top ranked corner this season and shut Ridley out...

Chris Godwin was a full participant in practice today and will be playing on Sunday. I think he’s more likely to get covered by Alexander. Either way, they have to compensate for both of them and even if Alexander stays on Evans, I’m not too worried. Ridley isn’t even half as physical as Evans is, so I can’t really see any correlation between them as far as how they will fare against the same guy covering them. Apples and oranges.

Saw on the ticker last night that he is a game-time decision per Arians.  Anyone worried? I was feeling fine with the extra rest and him gutting it on TNF.  Was surprised to see that.

3 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Saw on the ticker last night that he is a game-time decision per Arians.  Anyone worried? I was feeling fine with the extra rest and him gutting it on TNF.  Was surprised to see that.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

How do Evans feel about him rest of the season? Especially with Godwin back.

[...]

short yardage red zone monster with occasional deep pass thrown his way.  If he doesn't get TD's tho some of these  lines could be ugly.

1 minute ago, cookiemonster said:

Jordan Howard and Mike Evans both took today off.

Not great. 

What's going on with him? 1-10-0. Is he gimpy?

I'm actually mulling buying low. I mean...he can't get much lower in value.

Yeah I don't know what's up with deep balls going to Scotty Miller yesterday. I watched the whole game, but didn't really pay attention to Evans. Did he draw the shadow coverage from Jaire Alexander or something? I know King was out and he usually covers the big guys, so it makes no sense why they wouldn't target Evans more unless GB game-planned him out.

Edited by harck