NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Exactly. And Fournette brings nothing to the table with his bad hands.

I guess my point was, Rojo isn’t the greatest but he has volume currently. Fournette would cut into the volume, not saying it will happen just hoping it doesn’t. 

34 minutes ago, devilfish said:

If they wanted Fournette they would spend a 7th round pick...

when a team is dangling a cat like Lenny Snaps 📸 for peanuts, the writing is on the wall ... why give up even the mosty measly draft capital when it's just gonna be a matter of time before he's released & free of charge 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Exactly. And Fournette brings nothing to the table with his bad hands.

Or, they knew jags were going to cut him and didn’t want to trade a pick to pay him 4m. Ronald remains one of the worst starting rbs in the league. Certainly possible they bring in lenny 

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Or, they knew jags were going to cut him and didn’t want to trade a pick to pay him 4m. Ronald remains one of the worst starting rbs in the league. Certainly possible they bring in lenny 

Just based on talent I disagree with him being one of the worst. 

1 minute ago, alexcuse said:

How far does Fournette drop him for drafting? Could he still have similar workload as last year when he split with Barber, especially if offense will be on the field longer this year?

Fournette is not on the Bucs tho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My deepest sympathies to all you RoJo owners. This is a move the Bucs didn't have to make. RoJo or Fournette will probably split carries ultimately which will lead to two RBs you can't count on week in and out.  Then again, that's why they play the game.  We'll see...

1 minute ago, SundayGravy said:

Man all the hype for this guy. The months of positive press. What a waste. And for such a marginal talent in Fournette. 

I’m no Fournette truther(or owner) but he’s already had a couple seasons that in all likelihood Rojo will never sniff. He may be marginal, but what does that make the guy he was likely just signed to replace?

• Like 2
Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

I’m no Fournette truther(or owner) but he’s already had a couple seasons that in all likelihood Rojo will never sniff. He may be marginal, but what does that make the guy he was likely just signed to replace?

I mean give Jones the chances Fournette has had and maybe he matches or passes him, who knows. We have seen Len with a full load and he’s shown us he’s very average. Unfortunately for Jones he’s got a HC that just doesn’t believe in him. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

I mean give Jones the chances Fournette has had and maybe he matches or passes him, who knows. We have seen Len with a full load and he’s shown us he’s very average. Unfortunately for Jones he’s got a HC that just doesn’t believe in him. 

Bucs just adding depth to the position by signing him on an incentive laiden contract and having both compete for the #1 role. Also, Ronald Jones ranked almost dead last in pass blocking effiency last season, which is a must to stay on the field, especially for a 43 yr old Tom Brady led team.

Tampa has been trying to replace Ronald Jones since they drafted him. Now they have a decent option. Fournette does everything Jones does, but better, and also does some things Jones doesn't do.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Bucs just adding depth to the position by signing him on an incentive laiden contract and having both compete for the #1 role. Also, Ronald Jones ranked almost dead last in pass blocking effiency last season, which is a must to stay on the field, especially for a 43 yr old Tom Brady led team.

it sux but im sure he will have a role....we will see what happens...thats all we can do...gotta have faith that rojo is guna bring out the mojo and outperform him lol