Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

8 hours ago, theking759 said:

Fournette isn't good tho lol. He had a lower PFF grade than RoJo last year even though both were mediocre. Bunch of people who don't know much and just think someone who was drafted high and is a big name is a good player. Now like I said RoJo wasn't great last year either but he has more room to grow than Fournette. I'd definitely rather have RoJo.

 

Uhmmm how do you think Rojo would've handled the Jags situation? Fournettes going to run away with this job easily. It's already over, Arians just said fournette will have a solid role week 1

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, devilfish said:


Didnt find anything... so give us the link

https://sleeper.app/topic/170000000000000000/609101140180684800

I really think anyone expecting Rojo to be the guy thus year is just in denial at this point. I don't own fournette, wish I would have grabbed him in the 5/6th of drafts last couple days tbh

Edited by scheibler
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

You guys aren't paying attention to what's going on on the ground there. 

ROJO is a different human than he was when he came into the league

 

Not saying RoJo hasn't improved (not difficult to do after his rookie season), but those clips basically tell me nothing. Both platys are blocked incredibly well, he runs untouched on both and breaks through one arm tackle on the second. Not really anything to point to and say "Wow, this guy is on a different level."

More telling than these clips is the fact that despite these monster runs they went out and signed Fournette. Running through Anthony McFarland-sized holes in practice might inspire confidence if you're a RoJo owner clinging tightly to the hope that he will return value this season, but the reality is that the coaches "on the ground" decided they needed to sign two FA running backs and draft a third specifically because RoJo isn't the guy.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Not saying RoJo hasn't improved (not difficult to do after his rookie season), but those clips basically tell me nothing. Both platys are blocked incredibly well, he runs untouched on both and breaks through one arm tackle on the second. Not really anything to point to and say "Wow, this guy is on a different level."

More telling than these clips is the fact that despite these monster runs they went out and signed Fournette. Running through Anthony McFarland-sized holes in practice might inspire confidence if you're a RoJo owner clinging tightly to the hope that he will return value this season, but the reality is that the coaches "on the ground" decided they needed to sign two FA running backs and draft a third specifically because RoJo isn't the guy.

That means nothing. I mean NE has done it, SF has done it, etc. What's wrong with depth? They were looking at Fournette before at his cheap price but didn't want to give up anything for him or claim him off waivers. Not many other teams wanted him either. A good depth piece is never a bad thing for a team who claims they have SB aspirations. It is especially critical with this COVID crap out there too. No telling how this will hit the NFL this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

More telling than these clips is the fact that despite these monster runs they went out and signed Fournette.

I don't think anyone really knows. People on rotoworld love to guess at these things especially if it benefits the guy they own(coach complimented player, he's getting the carries-team signed player, they hate their other RBs, etc). It could be that they just want as much depth as possible to make a run. They're all in this year by signing Brady obviously. The guy doesn't have much left in the tank. They might like Rojo and plan to let him be the lead back but wanted more depth, or maybe they really do have little faith in him and are expecting LF to outplay him and take the lead. I guess the most telling thing will be what happens week 1.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I don't think anyone really knows. People on rotoworld love to guess at these things especially if it benefits the guy they own(coach complimented player, he's getting the carries-team signed player, they hate their other RBs, etc). It could be that they just want as much depth as possible to make a run. They're all in this year by signing Brady obviously. The guy doesn't have much left in the tank. They might like Rojo and plan to let him be the lead back but wanted more depth, or maybe they really do have little faith in him and are expecting LF to outplay him and take the lead. I guess the most telling thing will be what happens week 1.

 

Great point--it's the beauty of fantasy football and the irony of the time we spend on these forums. Nobody knows and my opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. I suppose my point would be that there are a lot of teams making super bowl runs this year, and most of them with RBs they trust didn't draft a RB in the third and then proceed to sign two vets to compete with him. Where there's smoke there's fire, and given the Bucs personnel choices so far this offseason at RB, combined with what we've seen out of RoJo so far in his very short career, there's very little reason to believe (besides the coachspeak) that RoJo is their guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, devilfish said:

Easy like that: RoJo will get the chance to take the lead. If he shows that he is good he will stay the leadback... i dont give a f--- what LF owners write here...

 

its up to RoJo and i believe in him. 

Nobody knows who will be the lead back, even Bruce Arians.
IMO If Rojo has a good first game won’t mean squat, he needs 3/4 very good games and I feel no way will that happen. Fournette is waiting and I believe Arians is going to play both and screw us fantasy owners. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hard1 said:

First time he gets Brady smashed they will bemch him and that sucks dudes been done dirty so far in the NFL not saying some hasn't been self imposed


And then two plays later, Fournette will get Brady smashed and McCoy becomes the lead RB. Lol. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, scheibler said:

 

Uhmmm how do you think Rojo would've handled the Jags situation? Fournettes going to run away with this job easily. It's already over, Arians just said fournette will have a solid role week 1

PFF takes into account things like bad blocking, no running room, ect... They watch every play and grade it. He just isn't very good, that's why he got cut and the Jags couldn't even get a late round pick for him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theking759 said:

PFF takes into account things like bad blocking, no running room, ect... They watch every play and grade it. He just isn't very good, that's why he got cut and the Jags couldn't even get a late round pick for him.

There's a reason his nickname is Leonard 3.4nette (yards per carry)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, theking759 said:

PFF takes into account things like bad blocking, no running room, ect... They watch every play and grade it. He just isn't very good, that's why he got cut and the Jags couldn't even get a late round pick for him.

 

We will revisit this midseason after Ronald is a cuff

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, scheibler said:

 

We will revisit this after Ronald is a cuff


see you in 2025 friend.

 

rojo starting week one-   Enjoy those flex points my fellow owners.    And be glad you didn’t jump on the Fournette grenade. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's Rojo's job, why do the reporters keep asking Arians about Fournette?  There's like a quote every day from Arians.  Backup RBs do not get this kind of attention.

Keep your heads in the sand but, at a minimum, this is going to be a timeshare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Keep your heads in the sand but, at a minimum, this is going to be a timeshare.

I think messy timeshare is the most likely scenario. Rojo probably has a lot more juice than LF and McCoy but he brought those guys in to help as well. Like I said earlier, I think he's just surrounding old man Brady with as much help as possible so he can have a chance in his last year or two of usefulness. I'll bet even the coaches aren't quite sure how they want to split up carries yet, but people declaring Rojo as dead with no chance of taking the job may be just as short-sighted as those declaring him the clear cut lead guy. 

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I think messy timeshare is the most likely scenario. Rojo probably has a lot more juice than LF and McCoy but he brought those guys in to help as well. Like I said earlier, I think he's just surrounding old man Brady with as much help as possible so he can have a chance in his last year or two of usefulness. I'll bet even the coaches aren't quite sure how they want to split up carries yet, but people declaring Rojo as dead with no chance of taking the job may be just as short-sighted as those declaring him the clear cut lead guy. 

Well aren’t YOU the logical,   reasonable one today 

 

you nailed it truly.  👏 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kp96 said:

If it's Rojo's job, why do the reporters keep asking Arians about Fournette?  There's like a quote every day from Arians.  Backup RBs do not get this kind of attention.

Keep your heads in the sand but, at a minimum, this is going to be a timeshare.

😂 

 

why do reporters keep asking about the new player the team added?  

please tell me we don’t have to explain how the media works

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...