NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

What Fournette owner forget is they spent a top pick on Fournette while Jones owners got him much later. Even if it ends up a 50/50 split Jones owners > Fournette owners

But it’s going to be a 95/5 split...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

LOL..The troll of this thread just called me a troll. Good answer. Yes it hurts you wasted a top pick on him. We feel your pain. Just suck it up and move on. Fournette thread will make you feel better about yourself.

Well, if you must know, my draft was last night and I got him in the 6th.  About where he should go.  Rojo went in the 10th.

Let's take a look at current RB draft rankings as of yesterday -

Fantasypros - Fournette 24, Rojo 36

Rotoworld (Rotopat) - Fournette 27, Rojo 41

FFtoday - Fournette 24, Rojo 40.

I'm not going to bother posting more, you get the idea.  You guys thinking Rojo will be the guy are in the minority of the fantasy football community.

Edited by kp96
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

If a players role is being cut back or they are being benched, the coach or positional coach will always have a convo with the player. Thats in all sports and at all levels.

55 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Never had to have a conversation with him is the most telling quote here IMO

In other words what’s understood doesn’t need to be said

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

What Fournette owner forget is they spent a top pick on Fournette while Jones owners got him much later. Even if it ends up a 50/50 split Jones owners > Fournette owners

YASSSSSSS

Forwarding this to Bruce Arians so he doesn’t forget 

15 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

LOL..The troll of this thread just called me a troll. Good answer. Yes it hurts you wasted a top pick on him. We feel your pain. Just suck it up and move on. Fournette thread will make you feel better about yourself.

Must take a lot of effort to be as consistently wrong as you are!

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Well, if you must know, my draft was last night and I got him in the 6th.  About where he should go.  Rojo went in the 10th.

Let's take a look at current RB draft rankings as of yesterday -

Fantasypros - Fournette 24, Rojo 36

Rotoworld (Rotopat) - Fournette 27, Rojo 41

FFtoday - Fournette 24, Rojo 40.

I'm not going to bother posting more, you get the idea.  You guys thinking Rojo will be the guy are in the minority of the fantasy football community.

Now the argument is that magick foosballers prefer fournette currently?  

This is getting thin real quick.  Go back to the media argument-  was better. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Impreza178 said:

You're right.  Every fantasy website has Fournette ahead of Rojo by multiple rounds, but that's meaningless.  You know better than everyone else.  Carry on.

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

yea just did quick check. top accurate rankers have fournette low rb #30's, with rojo mid/late rb 30's

dont see any huge gap there

ppr*

Edited by colepenhagen
5 minutes ago, kp96 said:

You're right.  Every fantasy website has Fournette ahead of Rojo by multiple rounds, but that's meaningless.  You know better than everyone else.  Carry on.

"I'm not going to bother posting more, you get the idea.  You guys thinking Rojo will be the guy are in the minority of the fantasy football community."

That did not last very long....

• Haha 1
Just now, FantasyGeek2018 said:

"I'm not going to bother posting more, you get the idea.  You guys thinking Rojo will be the guy are in the minority of the fantasy football community."

That did not last very long....

I meant more websites.  Every singe website has Fournette ahead of Rojo, so there was no reason to post any more.

Here's how this whole thread goes:

• People posting who used a high draft pick on Fournette (pre-trade) - LF is the guy 100%, RoJo sucks & his fanboi's do too
  • People who used a more reasonable draft pick on Fournette (post-trade) - LF will be splitting carries 50/50 at least, with potential for much more
  • People who spent any draft pick on RoJo: Clinging to coachspeak, ignoring obvious RBBC, should be happy if he even gets 50/50 split

I really only own Fournette in dynasty leagues, but did draft him in the 8th round of one redraft, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but it's pretty obvious.

Edited by FantaC!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, theking759 said:

RoJo had a slightly higher PFF grade last year. Maybe they're worried about him fumbling, I could see that as a quick way to get benched. But I think when you have two guys who were mediocre last year, you have more faith in the younger, inexperienced guy improving. This Fournette hype is all about his name, nothing he's done on the field justifies it.

Check out his yards after contact. He'll have a whole lot more room before contact this year

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, FantaC! said:

I really only own Fournette in dynasty leagues, but did draft him in the 8th round of one redraft, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but it's pretty obvious.

You own LF in multiple dynasty leagues and one redraft, but you don't have a dog in the fight?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, FantaC! said:

Here's how this whole thread goes:

• People posting who used a high draft pick on Fournette (pre-trade) - LF is the guy 100%, RoJo sucks & his fanboi's do too
  • People who used a more reasonable draft pick on Fournette (post-trade) - LF will be splitting carries 50/50 at least, with potential for much more
  • People who spent any draft pick on RoJo: Clinging to coachspeak, ignoring obvious RBBC, should be happy if he even gets 50/50 split

You missed one -

- People who spent a draft pick on Rojo pre-Fournette trade: Fournette is just Rojo's backup, he has no hope of taking significant carries.

• Like 1
Just now, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Older tweet and unverified source, but ive seen this 230 yards number referenced in several different Fantasy sources. This video includes two explosive plays that were called back. (Just like to provide sources for my stats provided)

Again, this dude put up 1,000 scrimmage yards on a 37% snap share.. could have been above 1200 without penalties. 

Also want to add that I do think Fournette will have a role and a chance to grow that role. But I dont see his upside above a 50% snap share consistently without a RoJo injury

Wait, so your argument in favor of RoJo not even making it to 1,000 total yards is "well if we count all the times he gained yards when the offense was holding..."

giphy.gif

Wow. What a thread from you all over here. 

LF Owners vs RoJo owners best rivalry in sports... surely higher than Celtics v Lakers, OSU v Michigan... up there with Red Sox v Yankees. 

Oh, me? What am I doing in this thread... well see about 2 weeks ago I took RoJo as my RB2 behind CMC in the 6th round of my .5 ppr. Felt good, felt real good with that combo. 

Now here I am, spectating this wonderful display of compelling argumentative writing between two sides of completely rational owners who have not seen either player take one snap with this completely new look team in 2020. 

Gentlemen, lets calm it down and watch some football... first game tomorrow and a full Sunday of football is about 3-4 days away. You probably shouldn’t start either guy week 1 unless you are extremely desperate for RB already (me) then you can consider starting RoJo. I might, but that says less about my confidence in RoJo and more about the rest of the roster, it should be the same with anyone else.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Fournette is just Rojo's backup, he has no hope of taking significant carries.

Has anybody said this?

It's a messy backfield. People should go with their gut.

I'm mostly staying away. I took RoJo in the 11th in one league just to see what happens, but I wouldn't take him higher. I probably wouldn't take Fournette before the 7th, and I'm not confident I'deven do that.

The least likely outcome, barring injury, is either guy emerging as a RB1 bellcow. 

7 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Wait, so your argument in favor of RoJo not even making it to 1,000 total yards is "well if we count all the times he gained yards when the offense was holding..."

giphy.gif

Rojo had over 1,000 scrimmage yards.. work on that reading comprehension. 

Edited by TomBradyDaGOAT
5 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Wow. What a thread from you all over here. 

LF Owners vs RoJo owners best rivalry in sports... surely higher than Celtics v Lakers, OSU v Michigan... up there with Red Sox v Yankees. 

Oh, me? What am I doing in this thread... well see about 2 weeks ago I took RoJo as my RB2 behind CMC in the 6th round of my .5 ppr. Felt good, felt real good with that combo. 

Now here I am, spectating this wonderful display of compelling argumentative writing between two sides of completely rational owners who have not seen either player take one snap with this completely new look team in 2020. 

Gentlemen, lets calm it down and watch some football... first game tomorrow and a full Sunday of football is about 3-4 days away. You probably shouldn’t start either guy week 1 unless you are extremely desperate for RB already (me) then you can consider starting RoJo. I might, but that says less about my confidence in RoJo and more about the rest of the roster, it should be the same with anyone else.

WE DONT DO CALM THIS CLOSE TO FOOTBALLLLLLL!!!!!!!

but I’ll crack a brewski with ya 🍺 

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

These Rojo or Fournette threads are fun to read but damnit don’t kid yourself thinking we know which one is the man in Tampa. 
Start Rojo the first week and see how it plays out, but damn if you had drafted Rojo as your RB 4/5 are we really going to start him over others... 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Has anybody said this?

It's a messy backfield. People should go with their gut.

I'm mostly staying away. I took RoJo in the 11th in one league just to see what happens, but I wouldn't take him higher. I probably wouldn't take Fournette before the 7th, and I'm not confident I'deven do that.

The least likely outcome, barring injury, is either guy emerging as a RB1 bellcow. 

Lot of people said it.  Not you, of course.