NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

He looked good against a very stout defense. Like I said in the game day thread I was impressed early on. The Saints run defense is no joke. They were laughing because of his yards per carry. Yet it was crickets with Fournette’s impressive 1 ypc. Anyway, We all know the better back on this team regardless of what the coaching staff does. If he doesn’t get his shot this year, I hope he finds a good home elsewhere. Bruce Arians doesn’t deserve such a talent in Ronald Jones.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He looked good against a very stout defense. Like I said in the game day thread I was impressed early on. The Saints run defense is no joke. They were laughing because of his yards per carry. Yet it was crickets with Fournette’s impressive 1 ypc. Anyway, We all know the better back on this team regardless of what the coaching staff does. If he doesn’t get his shot this year, I hope he finds a good home elsewhere. Bruce Arians doesn’t deserve such a talent in Ronald Jones.

RoJo won the first week against Fournette... 9.2 pts to 2.4 .. in fantasy. Nothing special 

I didn’t see the game but the most promising stat was the 17 carries. 

fournette was no better but he’s fresh on the team. You can’t tell too much about the entire season from the very first game. 

howd rojo look on touches? If it wasn’t good it wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy low on fournette if you need a lotto ticket RB. 

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

howd rojo look on touches?

Rojo actually had some wiggle and made defenders miss. Fournette didn't see much space to run through and got blown up on a couple of his carries. Hopefully the picture is a bit clearer next week but I would imagine Rojo remains the main guy for at least a couple more weeks.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I didn’t see the game but the most promising stat was the 17 carries. 

fournette was no better but he’s fresh on the team. You can’t tell too much about the entire season from the very first game. 

howd rojo look on touches? If it wasn’t good it wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy low on fournette if you need a lotto ticket RB. 

He wasn’t anything special, he had a few nice runs but this was a below average day for the whole offense against a pretty good defense. Don’t think he did anything to cement himself as the bell cow but didn’t blow his chances either. Had a couple nice pickups in pass blocking which was surprising.

The strange thing for me is Brady didn’t really throw to any of the 3 backs at all in this game, it would have been nice to get clarity on which back would be doing the most in the passing game this year. FWIW Shady was in during hurry up/2 minute but Jones had 3 targets to 4net and Shady’s 1

• Thanks 1

The thing about Rojo vs. Fournette for this matchup: Rojo will always do better in a game like this because he has wiggle and the ability to make people miss. Fournette is a straight line, no-nonsense runner but one who normally goes down on first contact, so he's screwed when the defense is constantly getting into the backfield because he doesn't create.

I was worried for Rojo when he started off 12 carries for 26 yards, but he went 5 carries for 40 yards the rest of the game. Fournette started of with a nice 6 yard carry, and went 4 carries for -1 yard the rest of the game. 

Thought getting crushed in this game would be the nail in the coffin for Rojo, but I'd think he gets another shot at workhose duties in a much better match up vs. Carolina next week.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:23 PM, paulwall29 said:

I can't wait until RoJo has 14 carries for 56 yards and a TD to LF's 8 carries and zero TD's and RoJo truthers think they've won the war in week 1. It will be just enough to keep them hanging on so that they are in full tilt mode when they have their inevitable run-in with reality.

God I'm good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Tampa was very poor up front.  Not every defense is the Saints, but they’ll have to improve drastically to keep TB healthy and on the field.     next week Rojo gets Carolina, who just got gashed by Jacobs for 140/3.    He’ll be starting at flex for a number of my teams.    The numbers are coming. 

• Thanks 2

Snap counts %

Rojo 47%

LM 36%

LF 13%

Rojo received a 37% snap share last season. I still believe RoJo and LF likely bring value this season in RB2 range, with RoJo as a higher end RB2. LF should begin taking snaps from LM and become primary 3rd down back IMO. Bucs team will figure it out. They were manhandled upfront, especially LT Donovan Smith. 

• Like 3
On 9/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Snap counts %

Rojo 47%

LM 36%

LF 13%

Rojo received a 37% snap share last season. I still believe RoJo and LF likely bring value this season in RB2 range, with RoJo as a higher end RB2. LF should begin taking snaps from LM and become primary 3rd down back IMO. Bucs team will figure it out. They were manhandled upfront, especially LT Donovan Smith

That's the talk of the town on the radio today. Man, he is getting shredded.

• Like 1

Jones played well ahead of new acquisition Leonard Fournette in the season opener. On a screen pass in the first half, Jones had to fall to the ground to nab a low screen pass that could have been a long gain if Tom Brady had delivered the throw in stride. It's all very encouraging for those who held their nose and drafted Jones after the team signed Fournette. Jones is an excellent fantasy option in Week 2 against a marshmallow soft Carolina front seven. 

(Rotoworld.com)

giphy.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
34 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Rightfully so. Dude was trash, also had the easiest blocking assignment in Hendrickson. Check out this lowlight reel. Wirfs was great though. Especially considering he was up against Cam Jordan in his first game ever. Wirfs future LT?

Edited by TomBradyDaGOAT
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Rightfully so. Dude was trash, also had the easiest blocking assignment in Hendrickson. Check out this lowlight reel. Wirfs was great though. Especially considering he was up against Cam Jordan in his first game ever. Wirfs future LT?

6 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

LOL to make up for it he tries to yank Brady's arm out the socket... nice...

Edited by Gabbed