Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook


affliction
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I think its harsh to put that all on Jones, but I think it shows the short leash Jones is on. Feel bad for the guy

 

Rojo had all last year to impress BA.  This weekend wasn't just bad luck for Rojo....it was a culmination of things.

Despite all the "Rojo is our starter, he's our guy" talk, it was clear as day after the Fournette signing exactly what BA thought of him.  Now we see him get benched for a mistake that 90% of the other starting RBs would not get benched for.  

BA was just looking for any opportunity to give Fournette the job and Rojo obliged.  Now BA is pinning the blame on Rojo so that he can start Fournette without any question.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

4net will do something dumb soon or get hurt

 

What will be interesting is if Fournette will have a longer leash or it's gonna be like Shady / DWill last year, where one seemed to have a leg up and then a blunder put the other guy ahead.  I'm pretty sure Fournette starts next week....BA is already laying the groundwork with his comments to the media....but what if Fournette fumbles next week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kp96 said:

 

What will be interesting is if Fournette will have a longer leash or it's gonna be like Shady / DWill last year, where one seemed to have a leg up and then a blunder put the other guy ahead.  I'm pretty sure Fournette starts next week....BA is already laying the groundwork with his comments to the media....but what if Fournette fumbles next week?

 

Despite Fournette putting in a great performance, I wouldn't say things are settled just yet. If you can afford to I think RoJo is a hold, even if I don't forsee myself starting him for the next couple of weeks. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It's all over kids.

 

I think it depends on what you mean by over.

Do you expect RoJo to be the sole back of the Team? Then, probably yes.

Do you expect RoJo to be a valuable fantasy contributor and member of a committee? Then maybe not. 

Do you expect RoJo to be the lead back in the committee? Don't know yet, not looking great but I'll reserve judgment for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

 

I think it depends on what you mean by over.

Do you expect RoJo to be the sole back of the Team? Then, probably yes.

Do you expect RoJo to be a valuable fantasy contributor and member of a committee? Then maybe not. 

Do you expect RoJo to be the lead back in the committee? Don't know yet, not looking great but I'll reserve judgment for now. 

By all over, I mean it is all over.  Ronald goes back to the bench where he very firmly belongs.  There is no fixing the issues he has.

Jones will play significant snaps again in an emergency only.  By emergency, I mean a serious Fournette injury that occurs before Vaughn is ready for a significant role.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

By all over, I mean it is all over.  Ronald goes back to the bench where he very firmly belongs.  There is no fixing the issues he has.

Jones will play significant snaps again in an emergency only.  By emergency, I mean a serious Fournette injury that occurs before Vaughn is ready for a significant role.  

 

I think he will be part of a committee. What role he will play, I don't yet know and I think worth holding on to see. Thanks for stating your position clearly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rotofan24 said:

 

I think it depends on what you mean by over.

Do you expect RoJo to be the sole back of the Team? Then, probably yes.

Do you expect RoJo to be a valuable fantasy contributor and member of a committee? Then maybe not. 

Do you expect RoJo to be the lead back in the committee? Don't know yet, not looking great but I'll reserve judgment for now. 

 

The only hope Rojo has now is for Fournette to do a complete face plant.  This is possible.  But Fournette is CLEARLY in the driver's seat here and should be the lead back barring a surprise.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some hope for you Rojo owners - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/22/bucs-arent-switching-up-running-back-rotation/

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2020/09/21/bucs-bruce-arians-doesnt-plan-running-back-shuffle/

I don't know what to make of it.  The author is taking one statement from BA and running with it.  OTOH, it could be legit.

We may be looking at RBBC for a while, if this writer is right.  It could also be BA not tipping his hand so the opposition doesn't game plan for Fournette.  I dunno.  We'll see Sunday but certainly some positive news for Rojo owners.

Edited by kp96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

From a real life perspective, it makes sense to use both of them alot(provided neither does dumb stuff like fumbling handoffs). It just sucks for fantasy

 

Even if Fournette "takes over", I believe you'll see Rojo getting 7-10 carries per week.  It just makes too much sense to do that.  There are maybe a handful of teams that don't use a breather back and give 90%+ of their carries to their RB1.

Edited by kp96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

 

I don't understand all the Vaughn love in this forum.  No chance hes even close to the talent of Ronald Jones.

Typically on RW, posters find someone that is owned in 2% of leagues and convince themselves they're the future because they can grab them in every league possible. Especially if it's a weird debate about who the "starter" is. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

This dude sucks. 

 

He just turned 23 and was the opening day starter for a playoff bound team... may have lost his spot to a former 4th overall pick.

 

He may have disappointed from where his potential could take him but who would have thought a week before the season TB was going to get Fournette?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Typically on RW, posters find someone that is owned in 2% of leagues and convince themselves they're the future because they can grab them in every league possible. Especially if it's a weird debate about who the "starter" is. 

So you're telling me Lache Seastrunk isn't going to happen?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

His problem is that he came to the league thinking it was all gonna be handed to him and he wouldn't have to work hard. That cost him year #1. Then mistakes put him in the spot he is currently in. Arians is a dick and will never give Jones the keys. One has to get outta here and I think it's Jones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...