NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

Sell high but he should be useful as a low end flex even when LF is back, not someone your ever happy about starting as he will be 100% boom/Bust and wont crack double digits without a TD

also, wouldnt shock me to see LF get more and more work so again, sell high as in package for an upgrade somewhere if you are lucky enough to have the RB depth

9 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Sell high but he should be useful as a low end flex even when LF is back, not someone your ever happy about starting as he will be 100% boom/Bust and wont crack double digits without a TD

also, wouldnt shock me to see LF get more and more work so again, sell high as in package for an upgrade somewhere if you are lucky enough to have the RB depth

If I'm reading the Jones forum, chances are I don't have depth. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Really a shame about the drops. Yesterday was a big opportunity for RoJo to earn Brady’s trust. 

Yet people have been loving Amari "Dropsy" Cooper for years now and his job is to actually catch passes. Sorry if Cleats sees this. I didn't really see anything bad from him. Leonard Fournette has dropped quite a few passes in his career too.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yet people have been loving Amari "Dropsy" Cooper for years now and his job is to actually catch passes. Sorry if Cleats sees this. I didn't really see anything bad from him. Leonard Fournette has dropped quite a few passes in his career too.

It really wasnt a big deal but LF owners want anything to hold their hat on based on supposed BA's historical treatment to rojo...fake news man...he is and has remained the starter like BA said...hopefully he continues to keep most of the reps which IMO i dont see why he shouldnt...looks very good

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Welp looks like McCoy is week to week. If Fournette is out, looks like it’ll just be RoJo/Vaughn for Thursday night

Fournette might come back on thursday!

Coach Bruce Arians said Monday that "there is a chance" Fournette (ankle) is able to suit up in Chicago on Thursday, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Fournette sat out Sunday's win over the Chargers, and it looks as though his availability for Thursday will come down to how much he's able to do in practice. Ronald Jones surpassed the 100-yard mark as Tampa Bay's clear lead runner Sunday, while Ke'Shawn Vaughn scored in his first action as a pro, so Fournette could have to deal with an increasingly muddled backfield even if he is healthy enough to play Thursda

10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Rojo show over already? He'll still lead the backfield but if Lenny is back this has that 'me punching my tv all Thurs night' feel

Still waiting on BA press conference for more info on Fournette's availability this week. RoJo needs another chance to atone for those drops. 

Even if Fournette plays Thursday, I can't imagine it's more than a few snaps as a decoy/CoP back. Why rush him back? And while I see this as a RoJo game, Vaughn may have earned himself more snaps in the passing game to get him involved.

Despite what BA and fantasy players might say, BA probably values all 3 backs for what they can bring to the table when healthy and have their heads on straight. Unfortunately in the modern NFL, injuries and mental mistakes are all too common so it's better to have 3 guys rotate throughout the season when healthy than hoping to rely on one workhorse the entire season, especially when we know neither RoJo and Fournette are complete backs.

For now RoJo has the upper hand. By Week 6 it could be Fournette again. Week 8 could be Vaughn, Week 10 RoJo again...

1 minute ago, Brye said:

If rojo goes off for another 100 yard rushing game and a td and has a good pass catching game, how would his role be moving forward once Fournette is healthy? 

60/40 split like before?