NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Benching for Jet

Based on matchups, if i had to choose between the two, yes, Jet is the pick. But I think RoJo is a solid play too and I am very excited to see what he does tomorrow. Chicago is a middle of the road defense.

tenor.gif?itemid=13024259

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

“Feel like Vaughn will be more involved this week but RoJo should still be in a good position to push for 20 touches. Gotta start, right?!”

Up here we’ve seen every Bucs game so far. :) Volume ‘backs on a short week, I don’t know. Especially when you  consider that Jones must’ve broken like 20 tackles last week. I was among those who talked down Vaughn, but I agree, he’s likely to get more run this game. 

I have a strange feeling Jones won’t catch more than 2 passes this week, Vaughn might be the pass catching back.

however, Jones showed last week how he can handle the rock, showing tremendous vision, acceleration, and power.

I say 18 carries for 92 yards, 1TD and 2 catches for 12 yards!

The drops are one thing, but I see a lot of people hating on RoJo for merely managing 17 yards on 6 catches. Anyone watch the game? I assume Brady was just dumping off the ball and there was nowhere to go? People seem to be saying that RoJo is a zero in the receiving game which I don’t believe is the case. I recall RoJo making a bunch of great plays after the catch last year, averaging over 10 YPC. 

22 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

If not now, without fournette and McCoy, then when?

Arent the Bears a good defense? Plus TB has a ton of injuries on offense. I can see Jones having a lot of touches but a rough game. Something like 13-45,4-20

10 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Arent the Bears a good defense? Plus TB has a ton of injuries on offense. I can see Jones having a lot of touches but a rough game. Something like 13-45,4-20

brady and the offensive line is they key to this game...if brady has time to throw the running game will open up...i doubt you are going to see them stick with heavy personnel and go for 3 yards and a cloud of dust...thats not how an offense with brady works IMO...the receivers are unproven to a degree outside of evans who is 50/50 on this one...if he plays we should feel pretty good about rojos chances.

• Like 1

As a faithful (ex) RoJo owner, I would have zero qualms about the bears run defense. 

They are currently giving up 4.25 yards per carry, have given up a rushing TD in every game so far, and their opponents are averaging 26 carries a game thus far. 

RoJo will get some serious work this week. He is being ranked inside the top 20 RBs by most experts... start with as much confidence you can have with Ronald Jones. 

(Now watch Ke’Shawn Vaughn get 15 touches tonight... thanks Bruce). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

As a faithful (ex) RoJo owner, I would have zero qualms about the bears run defense. 

They are currently giving up 4.25 yards per carry, have given up a rushing TD in every game so far, and their opponents are averaging 26 carries a game thus far. 

RoJo will get some serious work this week. He is being ranked inside the top 20 RBs by most experts... start with as much confidence you can have with Ronald Jones. 

(Now watch Ke’Shawn Vaughn get 15 touches tonight... thanks Bruce). 

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Tonight should be interesting! I’m a RoJo truther but not gonna lie I’m adding Vaughn where I have open roster spots. He could impress in the passing game plus injuries do happen. We’ll see. 

Either way starting RoJo tonight with more confidence than I’ve had all season. Hoping for another 100 total yard day and a TD or 2 on 20+ touches. Good luck to fellow RoJo owners! 

3 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Tonight should be interesting! I’m a RoJo truther but not gonna lie I’m adding Vaughn where I have open roster spots. He could impress in the passing game plus injuries do happen. We’ll see. 

Either way starting RoJo tonight with more confidence than I’ve had all season. Hoping for another 100 total yard day and a TD or 2 on 20+ touches. Good luck to fellow RoJo owners! 

vaughn is a 1 night rental...if LF and McCoy come back in a week its going to be a wasted spot...but to see what happens 2nite i guess it cant hurt