NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

Just now, Armed_Rodgery said:

Great back-to-back performances by RoJo. Sucks they took that TD away from him. Evans vultured it! 

Yeah the refs were giving the bears calls all night long .  The penalty’s were ridiculous 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Was about to get lit up on one of those targets too, can't really fault his pass catching for much tonight

I quoted him wrong, that was D Monty recieving line. My bad

Blame the booze 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Haha 1

I don't own Jones or Fournette but as a spectator I have to say this kid ran pretty hard tonight and I saw quite a few really tough runs fighting for extra yards or spinning out of would've-been tackles for losses. On a lot of his carries he looked like he was shot out of a cannon after receiving the handoff, sprinting full speed up through the line of scrimmage. Looked like he's trying to make a statement and is relishing all of his opportunities. Being honest, I've always thought of him as a JAG but he impressed me tonight, and vs a good defense to boot.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

Very much looks the part of feature back the last 2 weeks. But notice on the final drive Bruce went with the rookie. 

Better pass protection on the final drive is all honestly , if it was the 2 min drill with 2-3 timeouts than we see Jones out there.  The 48 sec drill with no timeOurs is a little different, they need time in the pocket so the wide receivers have time for comeback routes for out of balance that’s all that was .  

Another great game on the ground for Rojo. This is all those of us who drafted him envisioned. Yeah he can be a knucklehead, but on a he's a talented runner. I don't mind him losing third down/hurryup work, because at the end of the day he's not a good catcher and he's not a good pass blocker. Good coaches mask players deficiencies while trying to help them improve, not harp on them. And he gets receiving work anyway because Brady.

I have to LOL though, Bruce has beaten this mans confidence into the ground so much that he caught that TD and literally had no confidence that he actually did. 😂😂😂. What a shame.

• Haha 1

I've never understood the incessant hate on RoJo in fantasy circles. He was legit bad in Year 1. Last year though, he was a good runner, but rough in pass pro and pass catching. This year, still a good runner, supposedly better in pass pro, and still rough at times catching the ball, but he's good for some dump offs. He's a good RB, not an elite workhorse, but there aren't any of those on this team, regardless of what Fournette believers may think.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next week. I don't think there's a better option than RoJo for the ground game. Jones still needs to improve pass catching but caught what he should've today and should've had a TD.

Vaughn didn't show much today and lost a fumble on a real hard hit that you can't really blame him too much for. He also juggled the ball on what looked like a completion at the sideline.

Neither RB looked like they badly blew any blocking assignments, the O-Line was blowing enough themselves.

I have a hard time believing Fournette would be a better option for this offense than RoJo at this point. RoJo is running with authority and it looks like they want Vaughn to settle into a passing down role at least with the draft capital they put into him. Fournette has already missed pretty much 2 games in the beginning 1/3 of the season. He's not a long term solution to this offense and possibly not even dependable short term.

As much as us RoJo owners want to see clear skies ahead, everything is still speculative and Arians will probably chase the hot hand all season. And heaven help whichever RB gets on Tommy Terrific's bad side.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Nickmo said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens next week. I don't think there's a better option than RoJo for the ground game. Jones still needs to improve pass catching but caught what he should've today and should've had a TD.

Vaughn didn't show much today and lost a fumble on a real hard hit that you can't really blame him too much for. He also juggled the ball on what looked like a completion at the sideline.

Neither RB looked like they badly blew any blocking assignments, the O-Line was blowing enough themselves.

I have a hard time believing Fournette would be a better option for this offense than RoJo at this point. RoJo is running with authority and it looks like they want Vaughn to settle into a passing down role at least with the draft capital they put into him. Fournette has already missed pretty much 2 games in the beginning 1/3 of the season. He's not a long term solution to this offense and possibly not even dependable short term.

As much as us RoJo owners want to see clear skies ahead, everything is still speculative and Arians will probably chase the hot hand all season. And heaven help whichever RB gets on Tommy Terrific's bad side.

This is a good and balanced take. I’ve seen some ppl thinking about selling high on RoJo after this week. Can’t say it’s a bad move. Everything is still very speculative in this backfield but I do feel as good as ever about RoJo. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Well yeah, but that’s football. It was a clean hit (from a cornerback) and he fumbled. That’s all that matters. 
that turnover gave the bears the lead going into halftime. 

I don't think it's a turnover they'll hold against him though. It was close whether he even took 2 steps and it should've been ruled a fumble. I don't know if any RB would've not fumbled from that hit. 

looked great...should have the tuddy...it sux we have no clarity going forward on usage...it was funny because on that catch that should have been a tuddy aikman was saying how they are missing a guy who can catch balls out of the backfield...so to me there is def a concern out there (probably more media made) about rojos catching going around but to me this is overexaggerated....he has improved very well in that area and that catch last nite was pretty tough to grab if you ask me...he is never going to get the 3rd and 5 - 10 work..

• Like 2

Ahoy, mateys! Avast Ye! RoJo is the captain now. 80/20 (That scurvy dog Fournette and the other JAGs can fight over the remaining 20%) Well he got 69% in Week 5, but let's not split hairs. 😁🏴‍☠️

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Power-O said:

looked great...should have the tuddy...it sux we have no clarity going forward on usage...it was funny because on that catch that should have been a tuddy aikman was saying how they are missing a guy who can catch balls out of the backfield...so to me there is def a concern out there (probably more media made) about rojos catching going around but to me this is overexaggerated....he has improved very well in that area and that catch last nite was pretty tough to grab if you ask me...he is never going to get the 3rd and 5 - 10 work..

Let's not think about the future. Let's just enjoy the present. :)

• Haha 1