NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Vaughn is the 3rd down and hurry up offense back

Still doesn't make sense, Vaughn is good but he definitely should t be in there in those situations imo. Rojo was making clutch play after clutch play

I have 0 shares of rojo, and a few shares of fournette and vaughn

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Theoneupper said:

The Bucs deserve to lose if they don't unleash this dude. Watching him play he looked the part. Never lost yardage against an ok to decent run defense, and made some good cuts/spin moves to gain more yardage.  Having said that, had it been RoJo that got lit up for the fumble, he probably wouldn't have played any more snaps and been in Arians doghouse, and every hater on the forums would have been in here talking about how he is a crappy receiver. 

this is so true lol. And ppl want to give Vaughn a pass on his fumble because he was “lit up”. Lit up by a under 200 pound cornerback lol.. no excuses a fumble is a fumble. Brady does throw a bunch of hospital balls though (see barner week 4)

Rojo also had his best week in pass blocking against the bears per PFF. He had 3 pass blocking snaps (season high) and allowed zero sack/pressures/hits/hurries. His weekly pass blocking grade was 75.8. (But somehow his season grade is 29.3, despite weekly scores of 7.9, 73.8, 75.8- two games of zero pass blocking snaps)

for the season rojo has allowed one hurry and pressure (not sure if the same play) on 7 pass blocking snaps 

keshawn Vaughn pass blocking grade of 79 for season through 2 games (3 total pass blocking snaps) zero sacks/pressures/hurries/hits

Edited by TomBradyDaGOAT

https://www.bucsnation.com/2020/10/14/21516604/ronald-jones-breaking-through-defenses-buccaneers-2020

When asked about Jones’ emergence over the last few weeks - especially his yards after contact - head coach Bruce Arians told the media;

“I think he knows the offense, he knows what to expect, he knows the blocking schemes. I think he made Roquan Smith miss dead in the hole twice. I wouldn’t say there was any contact, but he made him miss. He’s always had that ability [and] he’s really got much better patience. He’s not running as fast to the hole and [he’s] seeing things better this year like he did near the end of last year. He’s just growing in the offense.

He’s a guy going into the season [who] we knew we could feed 20-25 times. Then, getting Shady, getting Leonard – you give him a blow. I don’t have any trouble handing it to him 20- 25 times and throwing it to him five or six. He can handle that load.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

https://www.bucsnation.com/2020/10/14/21516604/ronald-jones-breaking-through-defenses-buccaneers-2020

When asked about Jones’ emergence over the last few weeks - especially his yards after contact - head coach Bruce Arians told the media;

“I think he knows the offense, he knows what to expect, he knows the blocking schemes. I think he made Roquan Smith miss dead in the hole twice. I wouldn’t say there was any contact, but he made him miss. He’s always had that ability [and] he’s really got much better patience. He’s not running as fast to the hole and [he’s] seeing things better this year like he did near the end of last year. He’s just growing in the offense.

He’s a guy going into the season [who] we knew we could feed 20-25 times. Then, getting Shady, getting Leonard – you give him a blow. I don’t have any trouble handing it to him 20- 25 times and throwing it to him five or six. He can handle that load.”

Extremely encouraging quote. Again, 0% chance Fournette makes Roquan Smith miss in the backfield on those two carries. RoJo is the best back on this team. With Fournette back this week, what do we think of RoJo’s chances to clear 20 touches? I’m feeling optimistic, especially if Lenny is limited all week. 

17 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Does Bruce not actually watch the game or is he worried about Roquan's feelings and trying to sugarcoat it? There was contract both times, especially the second one where Rojo absorbed a big hit and spun right off

7 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Extremely encouraging quote. Again, 0% chance Fournette makes Roquan Smith miss in the backfield on those two carries. RoJo is the best back on this team. With Fournette back this week, what do we think of RoJo’s chances to clear 20 touches? I’m feeling optimistic, especially if Lenny is limited all week. 

20? Idk.. i feel comfortable saying at least 15 rushes and targets though. 

Fournette shaping up to be a game time decision. Would be shocking if he doesn’t play, but I think his inability to put in a full practice is telling. With RoJo coming off back to back great games, Fournette at less than 100%, and Arians’ quote that he’s comfortable giving Jones 25-30 touches a game, I’m feeling great about him this week. 

• Like 1

I don’t care about any of that, I get players wrong all the time too. [...] I’m just really happy for him. We get all their games, New England is Buc country now. But yesterday was the first time I had heard any of them (Aikman), mention Jones‘ ability to break tackles. For those who haven’t had a close look at Jones, these haven’t been games where he had a 70-yard run vs air & the rest of it, mm, junk. No, he’s been earning every yard. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story