NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

It’s a wrap for Jones like I said it was when they got Fournette. 

It wasn't a wrap though. Jones was the lead back for half the season.

This has annoying written all over it for owners of both players. Jones is still going to get carries and he's going to have some games where he gets hot, he's the better pure runner. Especially when he gets going. Good luck to all that have to deal with either of these two.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

This has annoying written all over it for owners of both players. Jones is still going to get carries and he's going to have some games where he gets hot, he's the better pure runner. Especially when he gets going. Good luck to all that have to deal with either of these two.

Probably the better pure runner, but it's pretty crazy how uncoordinated he looks trying to catch. I dont get it.

What a brutal fumble. We are ball to square one now.

Rojo looks a lot better than Fournette (eye test), but giving the ball away like that is guaranteed to land him in the dog house, especially with this coach and QB.

He's going to have to explode on the few carries he gets next week to swing this back the other way.

4 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

This is alllll Fournette’s. They knew along he’s the better back and Brady will always push for the guy who can catch out of the backfield. It’s a wrap for Jones like I said it was when they got Fournette. 

Except when they put in the All 22 and see how many holes Fournette missed because he lacks vision to find the seam.

But I definitely agree Fournette is the lead dog for now. The team can't trust Rojo to hold the football.

2 minutes ago, coleporter said:

Hopefully he’s traded today. Doubt it happens.

There's no way Tampa is even considering that. As much as they don't trust Rojo they're not going to place 100% of their trust in Fournette for a Super Bowl run. It's unfortunate that Rojo is such a dumbass and mistake prone because he's actually a talented RB

• Like 4

I actually think RoJo is still the lead dog in this backfield (from a carries perspective), but he will be absolutely destroyed for any little mistake (which is disastrous for a mistake prone guy). But I think next game RoJo comes out and gets his usual starter carries until something goes wrong. Had the look of a high-end RB2 two weeks ago. Shaky flex play now. 

7 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Fournette was injured 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Writing my obituary here on this backfield. RoJo has zero trust from the coaching staff and Fournette looks very pedestrian himself. RoJo isnt getting enough volume to even be a RB2 with Fournette active & Fournette got pretty much a workhorse role and a chance on national TV to showcase himself with 73% of snaps yesterday and still only put up 8.6 in .5PPR. Hate to say it, but its a mess of a backfield unless one gets hurt. 

With that said, not dropping my shares of either yet. 

the fumble made the backfield super messy again and opened the door for Fournette to have a real role going forward. Fournette doesn't have to be super productive to tank whatever value rojo did have. Both are holds if you still have em

I'd like to recite a poem on behalf of my Rojo shares:

"If only, if only, " the woodpecker sighs
"The bark on the trees was as soft as the skies"
As the wolf waits below, hungry and lonely
He cries to the moo-oo-oon, "If only, if only"

Thank you.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I'd like to recite a poem on behalf of my Rojo shares:

"If only, if only, " the woodpecker sighs
"The bark on the trees was as soft as the skies"
As the wolf waits below, hungry and lonely
He cries to the moo-oo-oon, "If only, if only"

Thank you.

tenor.gif

Fournette didn't look very good, but he's good enough if the line gives him space. The most important thing is he makes less mistakes. He's not perfect though. He dropped a pass from Brady near the sidelines that was a little high but should've been caught and went right through his hands. I don't know if they counted it as a statistical drop. The Rojo fumble was really bad particularly because of where it happened. I knew he was done after that. He'll get more carries and may even lead the backfield in certain games but will always be unreliable and a scary fantasy start with Fournette around. This is just one of those situations where what they're doing makes sense in real life but is just brutal in fantasy. 

• Like 1