NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

Safe to say Jones officially won the RB battle. Must be showing a ton more than Fournette in practice as well. There is still the risk that he gets benched mid-game due to an error, but today was promising for him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

So, um... where the Fournette truthers at?

Can’t wait to hear why Rojo’s performance today shouldn’t mean anything and why he’s still bad 😂

Statement game and carried the Bucs today. Was looking iffy before he busted that long TD.

• Like 2

I didn’t watch the game, but checked on my phone periodically and via Redzone. Saw he fumbled, I’m like wow ok he’s done. Then saw he’s still getting carries, ok weird but cool maybe he’ll get me a few points. Then see he busts the absurd long TD run and don’t know what to think.

The fact Arians gave him carries after his fumble and he busted a huge run leads me to believe he’s earned trust, but seeing what I’ve seen from this team makes me still scurred.

I need to go read the game day thread.

• Haha 1

he's a rb1....until next week or the week after when he gets benched for whatever reason and gets 2 carries and everybody is back here and the Fournette thread fighting over which is the better RB. I would be very surprised if either him OR Fournette is able to establish themselves to the point where you aren't worried about Arians throwing a fit and benching one of them for....reasons. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I didn’t watch the game, but checked on my phone periodically and via Redzone. Saw he fumbled, I’m like wow ok he’s done. Then saw he’s still getting carries, ok weird but cool maybe he’ll get me a few points. Then see he busts the absurd long TD run and don’t know what to think.

The fact Arians gave him carries after his fumble and he busted a huge run leads me to believe he’s earned trust, but seeing what I’ve seen from this team makes me still scurred.

my weekly hate mail to B Arians finally paying off 😆 

What a day fellow Rojo truthers.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, owenmills said:

same thoughts at first I didn't see the TD run and thought my fantasy app was glitching seeing his points jump way up 🤣

but dam he really came through for us kinda hard to bench him going forward unless you have way better options.

I've seen him on a lot of "sell high" lists, but I'm not so sure. 

When Fournette first showed up in TB, I assumed he would easily usurp Jones based on name value alone. 

Then I actually watched the games. There's no comparison between the two. Lenny is moving at half speed compared to Jones. And regarding the catching ability discrepancy? I saw a ball bounce right off the hands/chest of Fournette yesterday that was as bad as anything from Rojo all season. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

my weekly hate mail to B Arians finally paying off 😆 

What a day fellow Rojo truthers.   

Congrats to all the Rojo owners.  I do wonder if you guys actually started him though!  He was pretty horrible the past 3 weeks.

We'll see what happens.  Looks like Rojo is a decent start if we're expecting Tampa to put a hurting on the other team, which we should have seen coming after being humiliated by NO.  Fournette is looking like a tough start now.  He's essentially been useless this year.  Almost nobody started him week 2, which was his only big game this year.

7 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Congrats to all the Rojo owners.  I do wonder if you guys actually started him though!  He was pretty horrible the past 3 weeks.

We'll see what happens.  Looks like Rojo is a decent start if we're expecting Tampa to put a hurting on the other team, which we should have seen coming after being humiliated by NO.  Fournette is looking like a tough start now.  He's essentially been useless this year.  Almost nobody started him week 2, which was his only big game this year.

Sounds like you had him on the bench! The tea leaves said that RoJo was definitely a start, just that Lenny would be a better one.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Only people with crappy RB options(like me). I'll be plugging him in going forward until he face plants again but still have very low confidence in this situation. I highly doubt the coaches had some epiphany yesterday, which makes me think there's some method to their maddening management of the RBs and that the frustration for fantasy owners is not over. 

22 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Sounds like you had him on the bench! The tea leaves said that RoJo was definitely a start, just that Lenny would be a better one.

I don't have him but I definitely would have had him on my bench.  After those previous 3 weeks, I don't see how you could start him.  Assuming a standard roster size, you have to have 2 rbs better than him unless you were ravaged by injuries and byes.

I'm still not sold that Rojo is a solid weekly starter after yesterday.  I mean....I'd be a lot happier with him if I owned him (obviously) but the true test is whether he will be on the field when TB has bad game script.  I didn't watch the game but it looked like TB was winning throughout and had a pretty big lead in the 2nd half.  That's definitely Rojo time.  If they are losing or in 2 minute mode, that could still be Fournette.

I will say this though - Rojo is the better pure runner between he and Fournette.  So...in a game like yesterday, I'd expect similar usage.

20 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I think y'all should be feeling a little more confident in RoJo as a bonafide lead RB on a potent offense. Lenny is incapable of running down the defense because hes too slow and old/injury prone. If the buccs want to succeed, they will need RoJo plain & simple.

I couldn’t agree more . I’ve been jumping back and forth between these two weekly and have been getting burn. But there is one thing I notice when they use Rojo. They are a better team since the run game is established. Fournette doesn’t does not do that for them. He’s just a replacement to McCoy’s role in this offense now. 

33 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Only people with crappy RB options(like me). I'll be plugging him in going forward until he face plants again but still have very low confidence in this situation. I highly doubt the coaches had some epiphany yesterday, which makes me think there's some method to their maddening management of the RBs and that the frustration for fantasy owners is not over. 

I don't think it's any more complicated than Rojo is the better runner and Fournette is the better receiver/passing down back.  It's obviously not a pure "2 down banger" and "3rd down back", as the both kinda do both, but it's been pretty clear that they view these guys this way.  Tough to start either unless Tampa is a big favorite or big underdog.  I know everyone's gonna want to say "Rojo is the man now" but really....we've all seen what has happened this year.  He had 3 big games and immediately got put in a platoon when Fournette was healthy.  I fail to see how anyone can confidently say that Rojo gets 20 carries next week.

Edited by kp96
1 hour ago, kp96 said:

I don't think it's any more complicated than Rojo is the better runner and Fournette is the better receiver/passing down back.  It's obviously not a pure "2 down banger" and "3rd down back", as the both kinda do both, but it's been pretty clear that they view these guys this way.  Tough to start either unless Tampa is a big favorite or big underdog.  I know everyone's gonna want to say "Rojo is the man now" but really....we've all seen what has happened this year.  He had 3 big games and immediately got put in a platoon when Fournette was healthy.  I fail to see how anyone can confidently say that Rojo gets 20 carries next week.

Starting RoJo WITH CONFIDENCE next week and probably ROS. At least we know RoJo can handle 20 touches, unlike Lenny.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I had him on the bench. Started Duke and Gio over him.. which in hindsight I feel like a dummy and it stings a little but I'm happy to see it since it should give him a lot more run moving forward. Had him benched last week too so you win some  you lose some but you're right.. the tea leaves showed he was a start against a run funnel defense like Carolina's. Although after the fumble I figured he was toast and pondering what I was going to do with him moving forward. This team just looks so much more competent when they establish the run with Ronald and take some pressure off Brady. I genuinely believe the CS learned their lesson after getting embarrassed by NO. They abandoned the run immediately and the Saints pinned their ears back and destroyed Brady. 

I've said it all year.. Lenny looks like a JV running back with cinderblocks in his cleats. It's almost sad how bad he looks. This is RoJo's backfield moving forward and his schedule past the next two weeks looks pretty nice. He's a good RB on a potent offense. Give me that all day. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Starting RoJo WITH CONFIDENCE next week and probably ROS. At least we know RoJo can handle 20 touches, unlike Lenny.

Oh come on.  Fournette had an obscene amount of touches last year.

But anyway, good luck.  I'm about to give up trying to figure out what happens in this backfield.  Absolutely nobody could have predicted yesterday's explosion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1