Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coronavirus 2020 Discussion


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Wow ... how can you be "lmao."

Point to one thing in my post that is worthy of "laughing" about and is not true. China will continue to send this crap to us every year, as they have done for decades, until there are changes made in China. Trump shut down travel from China in Jan and was attacked by the left as being a racist. So, who acted slowly? The left, who wanted to keep travel from China open (many more thousands of deaths would have resulted) or Trump who shut it down? The facts will set you free.

Wow, you sound like China is actively trying to spread disease around the world. Take off your tin hat bud. 
 

The facts are out there, you just conveniently ignore them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thinking like this is going to get many people infected and killed. As a frontline responder, I hope you will be able to actually look at the evidence without the partisan chicanery. Recent polls show

Posted Images

On 4/13/2020 at 2:45 PM, Gohawks said:

You state a fact and then twist the fact to represent a mistruth. Brees has the most passing yards which is a fact. Brees has the most passing yards thus he is the GOAT. Do you see the difference here? 

Now, you bringing up the hoax argument tells me everything I need to know. That is that you do not do adequate research to support your claims.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trump-and-the-new-hoax/
 

This, along with claiming Trump defunded the CDC (he didn’t) is one of the easiest ways to spot if someone is misinformed. It’s a lie that’s been manufactured by the mainstream media for one reason and the reason is not difficult to spot.

Finally, not once in my post did I come for you. My language was not directed at you and that is obvious as it was clearly used to emphasize a point. This is a football forum not a scientific journal. If misinformation is spread I’ll call it out. Nice attempt to manufacture ad hominem where it doesn’t exist.

You clearly have a deep hatred for Trump by how you structure your comments. Personally, I have my own gripes with him nor do I lean right politically. However, you seem to be of the crowd that thinks no matter what Trump does it’s wrong. So clearly this discussion will lead nowhere thus there’s no point in continuing it. 

Click on this video ... listen. I sure hear him calling it a hoax. 
 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-coronavirus-democrats-new-hoax-n1145721

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Click on this video ... listen. I sure hear him calling it a hoax. 
 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-coronavirus-democrats-new-hoax-n1145721

In the context of Democrats policizing it for political gain

See: Russia, taxes, impeachment, Kavanaugh, etc etc etc

12 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Wow, you sound like China is actively trying to spread disease around the world. Take off your tin hat bud. 
 

The facts are out there, you just conveniently ignore them. 

China-Bat-Soup-1200x900-1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blazer said:

Wow ... just wrong.

Read the facts. China (Communist Chinese Party -- CCP) and the World Health Organization (WHO) downplayed, hid, discounted and denied this virus was a problem. They even stated that there was no human-to-human transfer of the virus. All lies and deception. The people responsible for this horrific situation are the CCP and the WHO, PERIOD. Stop blaming Trump, because more of this crap will be coming from China year after year after year. Ever ask yourself, why do we put up the annual flu from China? And, why won't the WHO do something about it? Thank you Trump for the EARLY closing of all travel from China ... keep it closed until China stops exporting this crap year after year, after year after year .... enough is enough. I personally am done with the annual flu shot we have to take because of China. China has to change and until they do, keep all travel from there closed. China kills 30-50k Americans every year with their fraking annual flu bullsh*t.

 

lol

 

America is shipping 1,200 tons of emergency medical supplies from...China. 21 flights of supplies. Kinda hard to talk 'tough' against the chinese when you're relying on them to fight this thing...

 

BTW, America's 'all weather ally' - the United Kingdom - just pledged $250 million to the WHO.

 

Go get some more flu shots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

In the context of Democrats policizing it for political gain

See: Russia, taxes, impeachment, Kavanaugh, etc etc etc

 

  Hide contents

 

China-Bat-Soup-1200x900-1.jpg

 

 

Ironic you didn’t get my context while criticizing context for someone else.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Ironic you didn’t get my context while criticizing context for someone else.  

No I got it, I just didn't care. Chinese wet markets are responsible for this more than any individual world leader, regardless of how much you hate them. Sorry guys

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

No I got it, I just didn't care. Chinese wet markets are responsible for this more than any individual world leader, regardless of how much you hate them. Sorry guys

The argument is about response not where it originated from. But i guess that a good straw man

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Take off your tin hat bud. 


The government created coronavirus through 5G so that they could force everyone indoors and have enough time to change the batteries on birds (which are robot spies).

 

Go ahead prove it isn't true I dare you.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

49 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

lol

 

America is shipping 1,200 tons of emergency medical supplies from...China. 21 flights of supplies. Kinda hard to talk 'tough' against the chinese when you're relying on them to fight this thing...

 

BTW, America's 'all weather ally' - the United Kingdom - just pledged $250 million to the WHO.

 

Go get some more flu shots.

You’d honestly have to be as delusional as the 5G crowd to not think China covered this up with the WHOs help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Government: This virus is really hurting the middle and lower class and people can't afford healthcare maybe we should do something

 

Also the Government: Let's give multi-billion dollar companies more tax breaks

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sSektor said:

The Government: This virus is really hurting the middle and lower class and people can't afford healthcare maybe we should do something

 

Also the Government: Let's give multi-billion dollar companies more tax breaks

It’s all fairly dumb.

I’m fine with stimulus but a good chunk of unemployed people sitting at home are now making more than a lot of essential workers. The $1,200 check is understandable but why raise unemployment pay?

As for companies, multi billion dollar companies are in large part multi billion because of assets. Now, I’m not advocating to give them money but that’s not the route to argue against it from. There are multi billion dollar companies that do have billions saved up but a lot of them don’t.

Regardless, all this does is create a delayed economic reaction and leads to an unavoidable inflation of the economy. You can’t just keep pumping money in because we saw how that worked out for Germany (albeit that’s an extreme). The DOW very well may challenge the 2009 lows and all this is doing is delaying the unavoidable.

By the way, this is where the crowd that wants to open the economy stems from. It’s not that they don’t care about the life of others which an absurdly lazy straw man. It’s that keeping the country closed will lead to an economic collapse like we haven’t seen and there’s nothing the government can do to stop it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It’s all fairly dumb.

I’m fine with stimulus but a good chunk of unemployed people sitting at home are now making more than a lot of essential workers. The $1,200 check is understandable but why raise unemployment pay?

As for companies, multi billion dollar companies are in large part multi billion because of assets. Now, I’m not advocating to give them money but that’s not the route to argue against it from. There are multi billion dollar companies that do have billions saved up but a lot of them don’t.

Regardless, all this does is create a delayed economic reaction and leads to an unavoidable inflation of the economy. You can’t just keep pumping money in because we saw how that worked out for Germany (albeit that’s an extreme). The DOW very well may challenge the 2009 lows and all this is doing is delaying the unavoidable.

By the way, this is where the crowd that wants to open the economy stems from. It’s not that they don’t care about the life of others which an absurdly lazy straw man. It’s that keeping the country closed will lead to an economic collapse like we haven’t seen and there’s nothing the government can do to stop it. 

The dollar will still be pretty strong even if they print more money.

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2020/04/18/covid-19-could-lead-to-the-return-of-inflation-eventually

I'm more concerned about the cost of taxes on small businesses once we have to refill the coffers for state and federal unemployment tax.  Seems like only the enterprise sized folks are going to be able to hire people at a decent salary.

PPP already running out is already gonna cause a huge dent.  A lot of the the little guys without much cash on hand are gonna shutter permanently without a cash infusion, like now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The dollar will still be pretty strong even if they print more money.

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2020/04/18/covid-19-could-lead-to-the-return-of-inflation-eventually

I'm more concerned about the cost of taxes on small businesses once we have to refill the coffers for state and federal unemployment tax.  Seems like only the enterprise sized folks are going to be able to hire people at a decent salary.

PPP already running out is already gonna cause a huge dent.  A lot of the the little guys without much cash on hand are gonna shutter permanently without a cash infusion, like now.

 

Unfortunately, I think this whole thing results in mom and pops and small businesses shutting down for good while the big corps are able to consolidate and end up more powerful than before it all started.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

Unfortunately, I think this whole thing results in mom and pops and small businesses shutting down for good while the big corps are able to consolidate and end up more powerful than before it all started.

Same as it ever was.  Just faster.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

 

Unfortunately, I think this whole thing results in mom and pops and small businesses shutting down for good while the big corps are able to consolidate and end up more powerful than before it all started.

Big corporations have one huge advantage and that is they are above the law.

The entire concept of monopolies not existing is BS. Legal monopolies exist and are allowed to exist as long as they do not artificially inflate prices or directly eliminate competition. While a lot of these huge companies technically aren’t even legal monopolies for all intents and purposes companies like Boeing, Amazon, and others have cornered the market to such a point that claiming they’re monopolies isn’t a stretch and while they don’t directly eliminate completion they do so indirectly.

I’m a believer in the free and fair market but it really isn’t free or fair when big corporations become exempt from rules that apply to small companies. When the country AND government are dependent on these corporations they’re going to get special treatment. It doesn’t matter who the president is.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Go figure, the one summer it will be acceptable to be fat, these 3 hour long home workouts while I am clocked in are leading me to the best level of fitness I've ever had. Meh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joebaker23 said:

Am I overreacting by thinking we won't have a football season this year? Just hard to imagine anything happening without a vaccine. Any thoughts?

Imo, it's early to make that call.  I think it's 60/40 in favor of having the season.  But there's still too much that's unknown.   Seems like we're still guessing on most aspects of the virus.   A proven vaccine would certainly help but I'm skeptical of being able to 1) prove the efficacy and 2) convince people that it's safe in that short a timeline.   Personally, I'd be pretty leery of any vaccine that's been put out in that short a time.  Again, imo, there's no way that could have tested it enough for long term side effects and contraindications. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...